ADVERTISEMENT

Cal defends lineup

Only CCC would not start the #3 & #8 picks in the NBA draft, not win a single tournament game and claim it was a good thing. SMH. Crooked used car salesman.
200w.gif

"Well, I had a team to coach and I wanted to bring everybody together.”

No, Cal. You had a roster to develop, and never did. When it came down to the end of the season and wins meant everything, you were out talking to other programs hoping to land a job. When it REALLY got to the end of the season, and your generational-poverty-instincts kicked in, you placed the wants of a few guys desperate to get into the NBA, over the NEEDS of the program. You're fooling no one, Cal.

For those that don't understand Cal speak, allow me to translate for you. "I made promises to other players that they would be starters."
That's EXACTLY what it was. He tried to hide it most of the season, and probably thought he was since everyone (by his own admission) didn't say anything about him benching potential NBA draft picks. Yes, that's right. The EFFING media NEVER asks the questions that are really on the minds of fans, and they didn't ask Cal about what he was doing. So that's his excuse. Gag me with a spoon.

What was Cals saying? Throw a rock into a pack of dogs and the guilty one will yelp or some stupid shit like that? That’s him right now. If he wasnt insecure about it there would be nothing to defend. If the team was successful there would be nothing to defend. At the end of the day he did an awful job coaching, and he clearly knows it.

What was Cals saying? Throw a rock into a pack of dogs and the guilty one will yelp or some stupid shit like that? That’s him right now. If he wasnt insecure about it there would be nothing to defend. If the team was successful there would be nothing to defend. At the end of the day he did an awful job coaching, and he clearly knows it.
🐕 🗣

Only CCC would not start the #3 & #8 picks in the NBA draft, not win a single tournament game and claim it was a good thing. SMH. Crooked used car salesman.
The bigger issue than not starting Rob and Reed was that those were minutes where we had only 1 good shooter on the floor. He should have had at least 1 of those 2 on the floor (with Reeves).

So Cal has 2 top 8 draft picks come off the bench, yet starts Edwards who didn’t get drafted. So glad that that SOB is gone. 1st 10 years great last 3 were a sh… show.
It's incredible anyone with half a brain would take Pope over Cal any day of the week. There's plenty of evidence that Pope isn't the coach Cal is and absolutely none that the opposite is true. Most of y'all are completely delusional. You think he's better just because he's the coach you have. You'll be smacked in the face with reality soon and you'll be the first of any of us to call for Pope's head.

It's incredible anyone with half a brain would take Pope over Cal any day of the week. There's plenty of evidence that Pope isn't the coach Cal is and absolutely none that the opposite is true. Most of y'all are completely delusional. You think he's better just because he's the coach you have. You'll be smacked in the face with reality soon and you'll be the first of any of us to call for Pope's head.
LOL. Time will tell what Mark Pope becomes here . But you are thinking of the young Cal . We’ve seen what the current version of Cal is about. But you’re just a troll so I shouldn’t even be replying so…….

Last edited:
You're being mighty generous w/ your sh!t show time frame.

Last 4 seasons.

Hard to argue with other posters logic on first 11 seasons. If elite 8 finishes in 2017 and 2019 and a 25 and 6 season in 2020 when you win the SEC by 3 games are considered crap shows we are setting up pope for massive failures expectations wise. No one is going to 4 final fours in 5 seasons most likely.

The proof of the lie in Cal's statement is that he NEVER started Shep over DJ. Only if DJ was injured/sick did Shep start.

Any good coach would have started him at least as an experiment. Cal never did.

The starting thing doesn't bother me nearly as bad as it does that our best team was Reed, DJ, Reeves, Adou/Edwards, and Z/Tre. Those teams would have scored 90-100ppg, and we just never did it, no matter their defensive inefficiencies. Instead, we just did whatever Cal wanted, and scored 76 points against Oakland.

Are we talking about the same cal that won 2 post season games the last 4 years? 2 in 4 years is almost unfathomable. 2-7 last 9 post season games with losses to Vandy, Tenn, Miss St, South Carolina, St. Peter’s, Kansas state, and Oakland 😂. Pope at UK will never have a stretch that bad, never freaking never. He likely will get 4 this year alone, if not more. Cal is a washed up hack, you should be embarrassed taking up for him 😂

So you're rolling around with a "full brain" defending these results. Make it make sense.

Screenshot-20240617-211926-X.jpg

Bet you've got a mouth full of splinters because your definitely suffering from been munchin a house syndrome

The results were terrible as @Mike-D posted.

His coaching inefficiencies are a mile high, out of bounds offense and defense, can't compete against a zone, completely destroyed by a 1-3-1, athletes not players, rotational idiocy, and on and on.

The worst part is HE QUIT ON OUR TEAM MID SEASON. That is unforgivable. He was looking at other jobs in February. We looked completely unprepared in both post season games. Who prepares the team? The coach. When the coach is leaving in his own mind, he don't care, and the team isn't prepared.

The results were terrible as @Mike-D posted.

His coaching inefficiencies are a mile high, out of bounds offense and defense, can't compete against a zone, completely destroyed by a 1-3-1, athletes not players, rotational idiocy, and on and on.

The worst part is HE QUIT ON OUR TEAM MID SEASON. That is unforgivable. He was looking at other jobs in February. We looked completely unprepared in both post season games. Who prepares the team? The coach. When the coach is leaving in his own mind, he don't care, and the team isn't prepared.
Not only was he fishing for other jobs in February but he started a podcast the week of the NCAAT. And you couldn’t pay me to listen to his garbage as I hadn’t listened to him in years, but I heard his first guest was Obama. 🤮

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT