ADVERTISEMENT

BB Recruiting HUGE weekend...

tj_walker

T.J. Walker
Gold Member
May 25, 2011
Louisville
podcasts.apple.com
Yes, Kentucky will have Edrice Adebayo on campus, and incredibly talented 2018 player Wendell Moore, but it's a big recruiting weekend because Kansas will be going all-in on several recruits.

I'll take more about Adebayo in a bit, but let's list who will be in Lawrence:

Harry Giles
De'Aaron Fox
Malik Monk
Marques Bolden
Schnider Herard

(All official visits)

Unofficially they have:
Michael Porter
Trae Young
Mitch Ballock
Jeremiah Tilmon

Now, for whatever reason, Kansas has ZERO commitments for 2016. For the 2016 guys Bill Self will be selling them on playing time, a postseason run and being the guy. All of them will hear that pitch.

I haven't been shy about saying UK leads for Fox. If he can make it out of Kansas with the Cats still the leader, with Big Blue Madness next weekend, he'll end up at UK.

I don't see a scenario Giles ends up at Kansas, and probably won't end up at UK, so I wouldn't read too much in his visit there, but you never know.

Monk is intriguing. I've always said not to sleep on Kansas here, and I think they may be just behind Arkansas and Kentucky. Self has always been able to pull in a guy where it seemed others led. If I had to pick, Monk may be that guy.

Another interesting thing to consider is Monk and Fox possibly bonding. It'll be back-to-back weekends where they're together. Could be big for UK (and I guess maybe Kansas) if they decide they enjoy each others company and want to play with one another at the next level.

I think UK MAY lead for Bolden at this time, but think this Kansas visit could be huge for the Jayhawks in his recruitment. Will be curious to hear some quotes from Bolden after this visit.

As for Adebayo in Lexington, it's big for Kentucky just to have him there. Strange that Adebayo is coming for a weekend where there is nothing going on, but I'm sure he won't be bored.

Adebayo is familiar with NC State, and visited Auburn, so I think he may be blown away when he sees UK and the facilities. Still think NC State leads but after this visit to UK, Adebayo will have plenty to think about. Could you imagine Adebayo in Cal's offense? Would lead the country in dunks.

I imagine UK will let Adebayo spend a lot of time with the players. It'll be important to build a relationship since Adebayo and Dennis Smith are so close. Cats will try to show him it'll be OK leaving home and his friends.

Reactions: Clayco30
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News