ADVERTISEMENT

HUGE Spring Game Vistor List

Not that I've heard of but there may be they've just not let anybody know yet.

Moore and Brents are both supposed to be there. Should be a huge recruiting weekend

Why's that?

Truth be told it was probably dictated by the SEC Network.

TV money dictates gametimes during the regular season, so no doubt it has a hand in spring games too. Of course everyone wants the prime Saturday afternoon time, but it gives all conference schools a chance to have their spring games seen by many more people when they are staggered out over 3 weekends of Friday and Saturdays. UF played on Friday night, UK this Friday, not sure who or if anyone is playing the 21st. Has good points and bad I guess.

Because a lot of people I know that have gone the last several years, including me, can't get off work and live over an hour away. So many people scheduled vacations around this time that I have no chance of taking a day.

I know my old group all wanted to go this year. Would have been 7. 3 get off at 4 in Louisville. The other 4 don't get off til 6 or 7.

Saturday would of been cake. Hopefully the locals show up well and impress recruits.

Reactions: redbudman
Taking the day off and making the 3.5 hour drive, but I am self-employed. My wife gets Good Friday off at work. We will be tailgating and giving my 3 kids their first seats in CWS. My parents will be going with us. I can promise 7 souls in attendance. It will be my first return to the stadium since the UGA game.

I think the night game angle and the bowl season, with free admission, will mean a better crowd than many seem to expect, particularly if the weather is fair enough. It is a great opportunity to take kids to the stadium for the first time.

GO CATS!!!

??? It is a work holiday for a good number of folks & it's well after typical work hours. Net, what's the problem?

It's a problem for me. I have to work Friday, and can't make the 3 hour trip to Lexington in time for the game. Same scenario for most of my friends. Just an epic fail for the program.

Because a lot of people I know that have gone the last several years, including me, can't get off work and live over an hour away. So many people scheduled vacations around this time that I have no chance of taking a day.

I know my old group all wanted to go this year. Would have been 7. 3 get off at 4 in Louisville. The other 4 don't get off til 6 or 7.

Saturday would of been cake. Hopefully the locals show up well and impress recruits.

Yup. And Good Friday. Some have worship plans. Gonna be a DVR experience for me.

Reactions: ukalum1988
Never said they wouldn't survive. It's just preventing a ton of die hard fans from attending. That's never a good thing, IMO. Especially when you need an electric atmosphere to impress the recruits.
Exactly...I have had all 3 of my friends that where going with me back out because of work.

If you're really a die hard fan wouldn't you have thought ahead and scheduled a day off if it is really that big of a deal for you??

I suspect you would have bitched about whatever day they selected...
i bet you're wrong. i got $500 that says if it was on a sat or sun... i'd be there and be happy... and if just pointing out that some people out of town cant make it on weekdays is bitching.... you obviously have never dated a woman.

Reactions: Brock28
i bet you're wrong. i got $500 that says if it was on a sat or sun... i'd be there and be happy... and if just pointing out that some people out of town cant make it on weekdays is bitching.... you obviously have never dated a woman.

I almost made the mistake of liking this post. While the chances of my wife reading your post are supremely astronomically remote, the ramifications of that quarkish chance are too great for me to get caught.

It's a problem for me. I have to work Friday, and can't make the 3 hour trip to Lexington in time for the game. Same scenario for most of my friends. Just an epic fail for the program.
UK has nothing to do with the time & date. SEC controlled it. "Epic" is just a teeny bit of an overstatement.

UK has nothing to do with the time & date. SEC controlled it. "Epic" is just a teeny bit of an overstatement.

That's just how I feel, along with many others I know. I don't have the luxury of taking off work at my leisure. Oh well, see you guys this fall.

That's just how I feel, along with many others I know. I don't have the luxury of taking off work at my leisure. Oh well, see you guys this fall.

GEEZ, talk about a hijacked thread! My original Q: any 2019 QBs invited?

GEEZ, talk about a hijacked thread! My original Q: any 2019 QBs invited?
One '19 I found was AJ Gucciardo from Holland, Ohio. Kinda slight, 6'1" 165, but has time to grow. Shows a good arm on film. Supposedly is attending. FWIW.

I usually don' get that far ahead, have a tendency of getting guys mixed up.

One '19 I found was AJ Gucciardo from Holland, Ohio. Kinda slight, 6'1" 165, but has time to grow. Shows a good arm on film. Supposedly is attending. FWIW.

I usually don' get that far ahead, have a tendency of getting guys mixed up.

Thanks.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT