ADVERTISEMENT

Huge News on Ryan Baer

If UK scores Goodwin, Baer, Bingham along with any other kid they are targetting (and they're in a handful of veyr nice OL)....I think UK will end up for a 4 man OL class and I think those 4 would be a bit better than 2 other really good OL classes

- 2020 - John Young, Josh Jones, Buford, Flax and RJ Adams
- 2016 - Luke Fortner, Drake Jackson, Landon Young and Tate Leavitt

He finished his visit at MSU today. Posted that he had an amazing visit which he also said about UK Sunday. Then immediately posted he was cancelling his visit and making his decision. He is def down to 2 schools, and wants early playing time. I don't see early playing time at UK. Hope I am wrong

Reactions: JasonRDunn
He finished his visit at MSU today. Posted that he had an amazing visit which he also said about UK Sunday. Then immediately posted he was cancelling his visit and making his decision. He is def down to 2 schools, and wants early playing time. I don't see early playing time at UK. Hope I am wrong
Just me, but if I had to choose between early playing time and playing WITH and against the best I would choose the latter. It isn't where you start it is where you finish.

I think he's UK bound. There was a photo last week of him posing with Goodwin and I think he wants to be on the same line as him. If I'm playing Devils Advocate, there is a better chance of him starting earlier at MSU.

Just me, but if I had to choose between early playing time and playing WITH and against the best I would choose the latter. It isn't where you start it is where you finish.
I'm just repeating what I read. The report said he was looking for early playing time at UK. He could prove me wrong but I don't see it. Goodwin also took an unofficial to MSU and they think they're flipping him

I'm just repeating what I read. The report said he was looking for early playing time at UK. He could prove me wrong but I don't see it. Goodwin also took an unofficial to MSU and they think they're flipping him
Nothing wrong with your post, except I don't like the outcome.

Reactions: vikingfer
I suspect that Michigan State has shown him our signee list from 2020, and he knows who we have committed in his class.

Our success in recruiting might actually play against us.
He would be the man at left tackle for MSU.

I suspect that Michigan State has shown him our signee list from 2020, and he knows who we have committed in his class.

Our success in recruiting might actually play against us.
I would hope a young lineman knows it is best to play in the SEC when you are ready. I think Drake Jackson’s story about approaching Stoops in his RS Frosh season and Stoops telling Drake that Drake thinks he is better than he is and thinks he practices harder than he does was a great story.

At UK, in the recent past, you play when you are ready to be part of the Big Blue Wall. Playing before you can carry that mantle is not a positive. It has become too important.
He would be the man at left tackle for MSU.
He could also be that man for UK. The difference is that he will be ready to be that man at UK when he is placed in that position.

I don't know the MSU OL depth chart to say if Baer is likely to play early there or not..

But UK loses Darrian Kinnard and Nassir Watkins this year. And Flax will be a Sr in Baer's first year at UK at the OT spots....there is plenty chance to win a spot early against Jake Pope, Josh Jones, Buford...and if Paul Rodriguez and Wolbaugh end up at tackle as well....for sure Goodwin will play at tackle as well.

If Baer thinks he plays inside at guard (I think he's more of a tackle than guard IMO)...again...Fortner and Dotson are Srs...and Horsey is a Jr. You compete with Eli Cox, Reuben Adams, Jager Burton, Bingham, I think Wolbaugh will be a guard

Same song, plenty of chance to compete for both spots in his first two years. I don't think early playing time is an issue so long as you want to compete for it.

Some are saying he is UK bound. So, we wait. The OL is celebrated at UK. This OL class could be exceptional.

I have a suspicion that we also have some NFL prospects on the DL. So, he would get the Jackson/Bohanna practice and the SEC experience.

That said, it would be awesome to land a big DL or two, as well.

Reactions: The-Hack

If he's truly looking at actual early pt, it won't be UK.

If he's looking to compete for early pt, we should be ok.

That's a subtle but huge difference

This is a coin flip. MSU expect to commit there, our guys are picking him for here. ...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT