ADVERTISEMENT

How will UT defend Dilingham?

Tennessee's "defense"
VQ0DRo.gif

Fine by me. Then we rain threes on their heads.

Zoning our team would only be value added with the starting lineup as there is really only one three point threat (Reeves, although DJ has turned it up of late). Even then a zone won't make sense because it's not like that starting lineup has a whole lot of lane driving except the two guards that can also hit threes.

Running a zone with Shep, Rob, Reeves and even DJ or Z in the game is suicide, IMO.

After scoring 35 in 27 minutes at Lexington, Dillinham's level of confidence against the Vols has got to be through the roof.
I was just saying the same thing he's got to be bloodthirsty, I could tell he hated it last game and he is definitely a warrior. I can't help but think Wagner's strength will help open up Dilly's area of operation!!!

Fine by me. Then we rain threes on their heads.

Zoning our team would only be value added with the starting lineup as there is really only one three point threat (Reeves, although DJ has turned it up of late). Even then a zone won't make sense because it's not like that starting lineup has a whole lot of lane driving except the two guards that can also hit threes.

Running a zone with Shep, Rob, Reeves and even DJ or Z in the game is suicide, IMO.

Bully him and refs will swallow the whistles
*the refs

You are going to be on a long road to nowhere if you're going to speak in that gobbledygook language and then run around playing typo/grammar police.
See how dumb it is, thanks for saying it! I'm certain we're all using phones to type, and have busy lives. The phones autocorrect and change many things without us catching it and as we are busy, we don't have time to police that. We now agree my Blue Brother!

You are going to be on a long road to nowhere if you're going to speak in that gobbledygook language and then run around playing typo/grammar police.
This is another " fresh" one. Been around for a while I imagine.

DOB 2-16-24.
Not suspect at all.

After scoring 35 in 27 minutes at Lexington, Dillinham's level of confidence against the Vols has got to be through the roof.

TN is a better defensive team than UK is. Rob will get his points today, but the question is how UK will defend TN. If it's going to be more of the same matador man to man with TN's scorers driving the basketball downhill into the paint all day, then UK will need >100 points to contend. I know Xa doesn't like zone, but it could make so much difference in a game like this one if Cal would just use a matchup zone on 4-5 defensive possessions just to mess with the opponent's concentration and momentum. But Cal prefers to "hold players accountable".

Dillingham would murder a zone. That doesn't necessarily mean playing a zone against UK is a bad idea. Sometimes Cal tries to attack zones as if they are man to man, which can lead to turnovers. But this particular UK team is better defended man to man, especially by a physical team with dominant rebounders like TN.

The best way to defend Rob is by playing the pick and roll well defensively. Unlike some UK opponents, TN has the personnel to do it. This will force Rob to take more difficult shots, but that won't stop him. Rob is a tremendous offensive talent with almost unlimited upside because of his quickness, vision, and midrange game.

Tennessee's "defense"
VQ0DRo.gif

This. Foul foul foul then flop when he finally responds to the never ending dirt play. That's been the mo under Barnes and it works to perfection with the bizarre golden whistle they get.

Vescovi will be the one that flops to draws the potential retaliation foul. Grant Williams passed him the flopping torch.

UT will " bump" him off his drives and body up on him on his shots.

Contact, contact, contact. The question is will the fouls that impact his shots/drives be called???

It really matters WHO calls this game.
I've always had the opinion that if refs aren't calling those fouls, make the game really chippy, really fast. Force them to make calls to avoid bigger problems.

Hey are you steering my car big bro lol, lots of assumptions in there. You know what they say about those. English- you're assuming I will continue to do the same thing over and over as if I want to continue the stupid behavior I did not initiate, of policing grammar, that's a no, it was done to illustrate it's futility, which we both agree on right? This isn't wonderland and I'm not after a pot of gold and you are no one special.

Hey are you steering my car big bro lol, lots of assumptions in there. You know what they say about those. English- you're assuming I will continue to do the same thing over and over as if I want to continue the stupid behavior I did not initiate, of policing grammar, that's a no, it was done to illustrate it's futility, which we both agree on right? This isn't wonderland and I'm not after a pot of gold and you are no one special.
tumblr_ljlzyeDmJc1qcay1ao1_500.gif

This. Foul foul foul then flop when he finally responds to the never ending dirt play. That's been the mo under Barnes and it works to perfection with the bizarre golden whistle they get.

Vescovi will be the one that flops to draws the potential retaliation foul. Grant Williams passed him the flopping torch.
Williams the flopmaster the unspeakable lol. He had no shame on the court at all!

Reactions: bigblueinsanity
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT