ADVERTISEMENT

How many empty seats in Rupp tonight?

Late to this thread, but it seems the appropriate place to post that yesterday I got an email from UK Athletics about group tickets for men's basketball. I've never seen anything like it. There must be a lot of tickets available for every game except Kansas.

Not good.
Nick Saban was bitching earlier this year about empty seats including huge areas of empty student seats. The Florida football stadium had a lot of empty seats last Saturday. This is a wide spread issue across all of college football and basketball.

Reactions: Rush2112 UK
I do admire how you hate Self, K, and Pitino with the power of a thousand suns lol. just curious.. any other coaches you hate a lot too? I also hate Roy Williams.... his awww shucks just makes me sick to my stomach.
Pitino is in a class all by himself. But you are right, I don’t like Self and K either. I don’t like Williams but he punked Jerry Tipton in a post game interview so my dislike of him is lessened. Lol

Reactions: Wildcat-in-STL
I am from central Illinois and in the late 80’s, I would go sit in the middle of nowhere so I could pick up the game on an AM station in my car. Now, I am in Minnesota but every single game I get to watch. It’s different and so are the kids.

BaghdadBob.jpg

Wish he never would’ve left Camelot. His life would be much different and we would’ve surpassed UCLA in titles by now (something Cal said he wanted to do...). Duke and Coach K would be nothing more than a pimple on our ass.
[roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll]
Pitino was finished. He knew it. That’s the reason he ran off. And ended up being the failure we all knew he would be after he left. But I give him credit, he destroyed UL’s program and became the only Division 1 coach to ever have a title vacated for cheating so he was good for something.

I am from central Illinois and in the late 80’s, I would go sit in the middle of nowhere so I could pick up the game on an AM station in my car. Now, I am in Minnesota but every single game I get to watch. It’s different and so are the kids.

Back in the day before all the games were televised, I would have bought tickets to a game like this, made the 5 hour drive and took a vacation day the next day. Since the games all started being in glorious HD, I haven't been back and have no desire to. If I lived in the immediate Lexington area, I'd still make it to a few games, but it's just so much easier to watch from home.

Tonight, I just put some homemade buffalo dip in the oven and plan on my wife and I sharing that, some pretzels and some cold Pacificos while we watch the game from our recliners. No getting out in the cold, no sitting with someone putting their knees in my back, no bathroom lines, no concession lines, no drive home.

Glad I opened rafters tonight didn’t realized we played tonight. Guess will cut my workout at gym short and run home and get in front of the TV!! Thanks!! Or I would have missed.

Wow, this would have never happened 3 years ago and been watching since 66-67 season. Shows the enthusiasm I have for basketball now.

I’m sure they will. But that isn’t what I’m talking about. This year is the exact type of team you have been wanting. Returning starters. A senior veteran who is all conference.
It is. However we are not looking any better than the pitiful game against K State.

This crowd, or rather the lack thereof is something I've never seen in 30+ years of following UK

Back in the day before all the games were televised, I would have bought tickets to a game like this, made the 5 hour drive and took a vacation day the next day. Since the games all started being in glorious HD, I haven't been back and have no desire to. If I lived in the immediate Lexington area, I'd still make it to a few games, but it's just so much easier to watch from home.

Tonight, I just put some homemade buffalo dip in the oven and plan on my wife and I sharing that, some pretzels and some cold Pacificos while we watch the game from our recliners. No getting out in the cold, no sitting with someone putting their knees in my back, no bathroom lines, no concession lines, no drive home.
Nailed it!!

I truly understand what you are saying. Times (and technology) have changed. It’s much easier, convenient, comfortable, and cheaper to watch from the comfort of our homes, in front of the HD big screen.

Unfortunately, the more people that do it, it hurts the team and program. :(

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT