ADVERTISEMENT

How is it UT and A&M fans can prevent hirings but our fanbases voice is ignored?

They don't employ Mitch Barnhart.

A even better question. Aggies fans revolted when they were about to hire Mark Stoops. They retracted the offer. UT fans revolted when they were about to hire Greg Schiano. They again, retracted the offer. UK fans are pratically dropping dead from hearing news Cal might be back. And our AD is ''aw shucks, Cal. You got me, I'll give ya another year''. In other words

''Hey, Mitch. I got this 1988 volkswagen beetle. 5,000 miles, and runs like a dream. She's yours for 80,000. What do you say"?
ZXNpemU9OTgwOio

They don't employ Mitch Barnhart.

A even better question. Aggies fans revolted when they were about to hire Mark Stoops. They retracted the offer. UT fans revolted when they were about to hire Greg Schiano. They again, retracted the offer. UK fans are pratically dropping dead from hearing news Cal might be back. And our AD is ''aw shucks, Cal. You got me, I'll give ya another year''. In other words

''Hey, Mitch. I got this 1988 volkswagen beetle. 5,000 miles, and runs like a dream. She's yours for 80,000. What do you say"?
ZXNpemU9OTgwOio
88? If so I’d say grab it and ride it out. It would be worth a ton in restored condition since they didn’t make them.

Easier to not hire someone than fire a HOF coach lol
Basically thats what Matt Jones said tonight. Cal would have been the first coach in history, with the record and resume he has, to be fired for not winning enough.

Basically thats what Matt Jones said tonight. Cal would have been the first coach in history, with the record and resume he has, to be fired for not winning enough.
Not really. Joe B Hall and Tubby both had a national championship here and were pushed aside. That's a silly statement.

Simple answer is that our AD, school President and the board don't give a shit. They are willing to let the program head into a downward spiral until ŵe become Indiana and irrelevant.
Everybody thinks they can come into Rupp and walk out with a win. It's a travesty with how they have let the program die.

I don’t understand why Mitch is so intimidated by hiring a new coach? UNC and Duke hired former players with jack for head coaching experience and they’re doing a hell of a lot better than we are. Let’s be honest, Pratt basically hired Cal in the first place. Are Barnhart’s testicles ever gonna drop?

Last edited:
Reactions: dl51344 and TM2013
Football is king. Both absolutely desire wanting to win. Barnhardt does not appear to actually covet championships. He’s 100% fine with mediocrity and keeping the checks coming.
Football is big $$$ and big business. Those programs didn’t want to take a chance with a risky hire. Also, we did fire Joker Philips especially after the fans quit attending.

What would Alabama have done, if multiple years Saban was finishing third in the sec west, and losing Outback bowls to Minnesota and Illinois.

His ass would be gone.

Thats the equivalent of what we are dealing with, and our AD just doing nothing.
I feel that's not a very good comparison. Saban won 7 titles, 6 at Bama along with several football final 4's and championship runner ups. I think he had alot more get out of jail free cards than Cal does.

Our basketball boosters are not as powerful and aggressive as the football boosters you mentioned.

Football $ >>>>> Basketball $
You’re probably right. I just thought if there was one school where the basketball fanbase would have some stroke would be here, but I was mistaken.

I know it’s a different sport but Belichick is the GOAT AND Kraft still fired his ass after 3 down years. We’re letting cal try to make it 5 in a row

Reactions: RunninRichie
You’re probably right. I just thought if there was one school where the basketball fanbase would have some stroke would be here, but I was mistaken.

I know it’s a different sport but Belichick is the GOAT AND Kraft still fired his ass after 3 down years. We’re letting cal try to make it 5 in a row
People stopped going to games and Joker was fired. Okay, fans, you know what to do (or not do).

I don’t understand why Mitch is so intimidated by hiring a new coach? UNC and Duke hired former players with jack for head coaching experience and they’re doing a hell of a lot better than we are. Let’s be honest, Pratt basically hired Cal in the first place. Are Barnhart’s testicles ever gonna drop?
Considering it will probably take 50 million dollars to transition to a new coach. That next coach better be a the right one. So, I can understand his reluctance.

Considering it will probably take 50 million dollars to transition to a new coach. That next coach better be a the right one. So, I can understand his reluctance.
Next year the buyout is 25 million, so it’s still gonna cost that much. Every AD has a list and it’s their jobs to make the tough decisions, apparently not his though. Cal has to leave sometime and a great coach isn’t gonna drop
In your lap.

Fact is Mitch blew it with this “lifetime” contract and he’s too much of a puss to accept responsibility for it and fix it.

It’s like some people think cal is the same coach as he was 8-10 years ago. How much more of this do people have to see that he’s not? Now we’re seeing how Cal is such a good recruiter because he has literally persuaded some of our fans to care about him more than the program.

Reactions: DSSCat
He literally said in the press conference he started Wagner and Edwards despite knowing what was best for the team bc their fragile egos couldn’t handle coming off the bench.

He then followed that up with he doesn’t scout much bc he doesn’t want to overwhelm the players. They’re college kids not 8 year olds. They can process information, I assure.

Scouting probably got in the way of his fat ass watching little house and that Alaska nonsense he watches.

And yet, after all that, our AD is gonna bring him back 😂 FOH

• Haha
Reactions: RunninRichie
Also, Cal has more over all wins, tournament wins and final 4's, so no that is not a silly statement.
Also, no major NCAA penalties were imposed on UK during Cal's tenure (ala Eddie Sutton) and Cal hasn't terrorized Central Kentucky with drunken rampages (ala Billy G) and about to cause a mass player exodus (again Billy G). Based on precedence with the UK basketball program, UK doesn't fire someone with a record as good as Cal's. Now, urging him to resign is another thing.

Basically, neither our head coach nor our AD care about our basketball program as much the fans do. Kentucky basketball is a rudderless ship.
Make no mistake, It goes all the way up to Capilouto . As long as money is rolling in , that’s all he cares about.

He literally said in the press conference he started Wagner and Edwards despite knowing what was best for the team bc their fragile egos couldn’t handle coming off the bench.

He then followed that up with he doesn’t scout much bc he doesn’t want to overwhelm the players. They’re college kids not 8 year olds. They can process information, I assure.

Scouting probably got in the way of his fat ass watching little house and that Alaska nonsense he watches.

And yet, after all that, our AD is gonna bring him back 😂 FOH
Where the hell did he say that about scouting? WTF? This dude has lost his mind. He's become a soft grandfather. He thinks he's these kid's poppa. What the hell man.

Btw, if anyone has Mitch’s email address, feel free to post it. It’s no longer on the athletics website and I would like to put my foot in his ass in the most polite and professional manner possible.

Thanks again 😃

Look at trends though. The first third of Cal’s run was great, the middle third was pretty good, the last third has been really, really bad. To think it’s gonna get better under Cal at this stage is delusional.

Basically, neither our head coach nor our AD care about our basketball program as much the fans do. Kentucky basketball is a rudderless ship.

This. I have wanted Calipari gone for a few years now. But what I’m starting to realize is we (especially those of us who take time out of our day to post here) are a “different breed” than the upper echelons of UK Athletics. Especially John “look I’m woke” Calipari.

What I mean is the warm and fuzzy feeling we get thinking about UK basketball. Thinking about the 90’s (or before). About the 96 team or the 98 team. All of that feel good stuff is NOT important anymore. It sucks but it’s true. Society in general is changing and “evolving”(horridly in many ways) but evolving nonetheless. Nobody is going to care about our tradition or “the name on the front of the jersey”. At least like we have.

College basketball (and football) is just a completely different animal now.

But they’re not going to fire Calipari for some random coach. Not yet at least. I very very much dislike John Calipari but I think firing him for Drew for example would put us in even worse shape. All the good options for a replacement have huge buyouts so Mitch/UK is not going to pay Cals buyout plus the new coaches buyout plus whatever raise we’d have to give to the new coach plus the buyout of Cals assistant’s and the raise/ $ for the new assistants for some ho hum person.

We have to start realizing that Mitch (and Calipari) do NOT care about UK basketball like we do. The next AD most likely won’t either.

I’ve been thinking it for awhile but I truly think the UK basketball we’ve grown up with and have loved is over.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT