ADVERTISEMENT

How in the world Did Auburn

Hold the greatest CBB player since Naismith invented the game to 13pts?

How did they stay within 6 of the best team ever? Is the season still going to be played?
giphy.gif

Butt...but...Huh...butt

Looks like Duke’s outside shooting is going to settle in to where most of us thought it would be in the preseason, having one starter who is a reliable outside shooter (I’m assuming Tre Jones % will drop a lot once he has more attempts).

Trouble is, their offensive rebounding still allows them to be very efficient and the defense is waaay better than expected.

Looks like Duke’s outside shooting is going to settle in to where most of us thought it would be in the preseason, having one starter who is a reliable outside shooter (I’m assuming Tre Jones % will drop a lot once he has more attempts).

Trouble is, their offensive rebounding still allows them to be very efficient and the defense is waaay better than expected.

Yep. The Big three are who they are; if the role players fulfill their role, Duke will be almost unbeatable. Auburn is very good; they fell behind 31-14, and couldn't get over the hump. Bolden was a MAJOR factor in this game; if Duke had last year's Bolden, they lose this game.

Auburn played harder than we did but Duke had a very subpar game as they was jacking 3's and wasn't hitting. Big 3 was held in check for the most part. Bolden played out of his mind lst night as he has never played anywhere close to that. Duke is beatable but you have to hit them in the mouth and make it hard for them.

Auburn played harder than we did but Duke had a very subpar game as they was jacking 3's and wasn't hitting. Big 3 was held in check for the most part. Bolden played out of his mind lst night as he has never played anywhere close to that. Duke is beatable but you have to hit them in the mouth and make it hard for them.
They took fewer threes than they avaerage and hit two fewer of them than you would expect based on season averages. If you actually defend the three I would expect the results to be not much different than last night.

Duke will lose some games, they rely on outside shooting and going one on one to much. Those shots are not going to fall some nights, Auburn got deep in a hole and couldn't overcome that big lead.

Reactions: TopCatCal

Auburn had it's worst shooting performance of the season. It's not like Auburn played out of their minds. Auburn could have beat Duke if they didn't dig themselves a 15 point hole right out of the gate. Both are very good teams. Scary to think Auburn will add a player in 3 weeks Pearls once called the best NBA prospect on the team. A 6'7 athletic wing who can shoot 3's at the same clip as Harper and Brown.

I know frenetic means fast and wild. I was just being stupid. When I saw that word I thought of genetic and it led my imaginative and weird mind to think " Family Tree Gone Bad". Too many times of watching Jeff Foxworthy.
Sorry

Sorry, I have been attacked so much lately I thought this was another.

I realize calling for 50 threes a game was foolish and I deserve the ridicule. No way we should shoot more than 49.

I Don't know about Auburn. Good team. But what really amazes me is that there are still people on here who think our 34 point loss to Duke is a perfect mirror of the disparity between the two teams. And now some are using the transitive property, and thinking Auburn must be 28 points better than us. This is pure rubbish. Get the Duke game out of your head. I think they are the better team right now, but the Nov. 6th game was flukish. Everything that could go right for them, did. And everything thing that could go wrong for us, did. I swear some of you have PTSD from that game. Let it go. Kentucky vs. Auburn would be a pick'em right now, best as I can tell.

Reactions: Wildcat_JC
Oh yes, a top 8 team almost beat Duke.

= Duke must be overhyped and UK has a chance to win the title again.

Let's start mocking Duke again like we did all summer. Really served us well when we played them.

Duke will lose some games, they rely on outside shooting and going one on one to much. Those shots are not going to fall some nights, Auburn got deep in a hole and couldn't overcome that big lead.

Duke shot terrible last night from 3 and still beat the 8th rank team. Duke played good defense which has really surprised me.

Auburn had it's worst shooting performance of the season. It's not like Auburn played out of their minds. Auburn could have beat Duke if they didn't dig themselves a 15 point hole right out of the gate. Both are very good teams. Scary to think Auburn will add a player in 3 weeks Pearls once called the best NBA prospect on the team. A 6'7 athletic wing who can shoot 3's at the same clip as Harper and Brown.

Auburn is good. Hope they knock the Devils out in March.

I Don't know about Auburn. Good team. But what really amazes me is that there are still people on here who think our 34 point loss to Duke is a perfect mirror of the disparity between the two teams. And now some are using the transitive property, and thinking Auburn must be 28 points better than us. This is pure rubbish. Get the Duke game out of your head. I think they are the better team right now, but the Nov. 6th game was flukish. Everything that could go right for them, did. And everything thing that could go wrong for us, did. I swear some of you have PTSD from that game. Let it go. Kentucky vs. Auburn would be a pick'em right now, best as I can tell.

Looking for more pleasant days forward,can't live in the past....Why be miserable about something you can't change....Go Cats!

That game did nothing to change how I feel about either team. Duke is still the most talented team in the country with the best coach. Auburn can beat anyone on a given night. And Pearl can hold his own against anyone.

But don't you get it? By mocking Duke, we can magically start to dream of how they have a weakness and how overrated they are, and ultimately, how UK has a chance against them on a night where we're "more locked in."

Reactions: BlueBomb
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT