How do you feel about Stoops?

• Total voters
Lol...UK, this season has:

Beat UF first time since 1986
Won at UF for first time since 1979
First winning season in SEC since 1977
Has shot at 1st 10 win season since 1977

And some of you clowns want the HC fired....

[roll]

I’m going to go ahead and diagnose you as bipolar.

In fairness to the posters who voted that he should be fired, this thread was started after the S. Miss. game in 2016, at a time when we had not yet had a winning record under Stoops. Today, I doubt anywhere near a majority of posters would want a firing. At least I would hope not.

Ahhh, I see. Why is the heck was this thread resurrected?

If he will change his offensive philosophy he'd be alright. If not then he doesnt need to be here.

He needs to be here because he is winning. Regardless of his offensive philosophy. I don't care how many points we win by. Win by 1 is a great win. Score 30 and lose by 1 is worse. OU loved their 1 point win over Okie St. the other day.

I really wish he would look like a coach who is coaching on the sideline.
I've not seen much change in his sideline behavior in the six (6) years he's been here, as he never looks involved or in charge. It is very rare that I see him engaged with one of his coaches or players. He is far more engaged with the game officials, it seems to me.

Reactions: seneca2e
I really wish he would look like a coach who is coaching on the sideline.
I've not seen much change in his sideline behavior in the six (6) years he's been here, as he never looks involved or in charge. It is very rare that I see him engaged with one of his coaches or players. He is far more engaged with the game officials, it seems to me.

Officials only want to talk to the head coach. If Stoops wasn't engaging the officials, then MAYBE you would have a legitimate complaint. Everyone knows Stoops in charge. You say he doesn't look involved then complain hes involved with the officials. Cant even figure out your own argument.

Somewhere between the first two. I feel like he's basically a lame duck... But we can't can him right now, so may as well wait and see if we can spring an upset or two.
HE'S NOT GOING ANY place hell he well get new contract

Officials only want to talk to the head coach. If Stoops wasn't engaging the officials, then MAYBE you would have a legitimate complaint. Everyone knows Stoops in charge. You say he doesn't look involved then complain hes involved with the officials. Cant even figure out your own argument.
He is always seeking them out and bitching at them ... that is what I see during games. It’s pretty much all I ever see him do.

I agree. I will be hoping for some upsets. Im just tired that after year 4 we are still hoping for upsets against the USC's and Vandys just to get 5 wins. Are we getting better or are the Mizzous, South Carolinas, and Vandys just getting worse? After watching the games. I am 100% sure those teams are just getting worse. Those 3 teams wouldnt be top 3 in Conference USA. We arent much better than Joker's years. Dont kid yourselves, other SEC teams have just gotten worse.
Year 6..

I really don't think Saban could win the conference at UK. 41 year wait and Stoops craps away the only opportunity with his Box Turtle offense.

Somewhere between the first two. I feel like he's basically a lame duck... But we can't can him right now, so may as well wait and see if we can spring an upset or two.

This is kind of where I am. If he's winning with this boring Lou Holtz offense, so be it. But we back down to reality. We are not going to consistently have the horses to keep folks at 10-14 points. We have to score and it's apparent he hasn't been able to put a consistently good offense on the field in 6 years.

We basically have a better recruiting version of Vandy's coach who cashing in on a watered down SEC East.

Reactions: jnewc2
How I feel about Stoops is that, with his leadership as coach, UK probably tops out at 7 wins in any given regular season, maybe topping 8 when the stars align.

Reactions: UKGrad93
This is kind of where I am. If he's winning with this boring Lou Holtz offense, so be it. But we back down to reality. We are not going to consistently have the horses to keep folks at 10-14 points. We have to score and it's apparent he hasn't been able to put a consistently good offense on the field in 6 years.

We basically have a better recruiting version of Vandy's coach who cashing in on a watered down SEC East.

Exactly. I’m fine with having an offense that’s physical and wants to run the ball, but my gosh, you can’t just keep beating your head against the wall when it’s not working week after week. You’ve got to at the very least sprinkle in some up tempo, pass heavy drives (which the QB and offense are CLEARLY more comfortable running). I can’t figure out if Stoops is just hard headed or if he honestly doesn’t realize he needs to go more uptempo earlier in the game, but neither is good.

?
  1. Im done. Fire him.
  2. Give him the rest of the year til I give up.
  3. Give him a couple more years.
Your vote will be publicly visible.

I feel fine myself, I have no idea how Stoops feels.
All I know is, when he gets that extra pay for wining, he should pay back the same amount when losing.

He has been scuba diving every since he has been here......I personally have never liked him as a coach......seems to have made crazy idiotic calls..... I gave it a little pass because first time head coach and all but that pass shouldn't have lasted this long..... He is under water bad and I'd like to see the fat phuck drown out....... Done with him..... never liked him.....never will. Sorry guys

This is why the rest of the SEC laughs at us when it comes to football and our "knowledge".

The sec laughs at us because we suck at football and how our best year we still get stomped by tenn

Sec teams wouldn’t of kept stoops as long as we did because just making bowl games isn’t good enough. Truth is harsh I know.

We should keep stoops because he’s the best we can get and that’s another reason the sec laughs at us

Reactions: brianpoe
The sec laughs at us because we suck at football and how our best year we still get stomped by tenn

Sec teams wouldn’t of kept stoops as long as we did because just making bowl games isn’t good enough. Truth is harsh I know.

We should keep stoops because he’s the best we can get and that’s another reason the sec laughs at us
The rest of the SEC hasn't been horrible the last 60 years either. I grew up in Alabama and every time I go back home people I know laugh at our fanbase for wanting Stoops fired.

You talk about the harsh truth and then ignore it. The harsh truth is we are not at the level of receurecru that some of these others are and it will take a long time to get there...if we ever do.

Making too much money for on the job training. He sucks.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT