ADVERTISEMENT

How about this for a team nickname

Pretty good Dave.

I'm thinking something regarding Transfers...Maybe something like:
"Intertransferables"

The interchangeables

Not that much difference between the best player and the twelfth best player
Definitely like your thinking
I like your thinking, @davekersey . This team has legitimate depth. It makes me wonder if Pope will employ a fullcourt press for stretches of the game to force tempo and utilize our depth.

There are ten guys who can make a case for starting on this team. We haven't seen that in many years.
Man full court press is something I’d love to see that we gotten away from for a lot of years!

Definitely like your thinking

Man full court press is something I’d love to see that we gotten away from for a lot of years!
It would be fun to watch in the early part of the season. If Pope wants to generate an instant buzz, press for half the game and let these guys launch about 30 threes.

We have the players to press now. Oweh, Butler, Robinson, with Williams or Garrison defending baseline were made for the press.

Threedom Fighters
The Papal Fury
The PontiffyCats
Threes’r’us
Arc Angels
Pope’s Platoon
3’s on ya, and a barrel of ‘em

I still think the Resurrectables. Resurrect: Restoring the program to it's roots of Kentucky basketball first. Away from players first mentality.
That's what I was thinking. Something along those lines. It's a far more important aspect of this season than them just being transfers. Everyone is transfer U right now. (Although, Frankencats is charming.)

Take It Back Cats
Reclaim Cats
Repo Cats

Reactions: MasonCoBlue
I like your thinking, @davekersey . This team has legitimate depth. It makes me wonder if Pope will employ a fullcourt press for stretches of the game to force tempo and utilize our depth.

There are ten guys who can make a case for starting on this team. We haven't seen that in many years.
In almost a decade. The 2015 team was really the only time under Cal that we could say that.

Reactions: Son_Of_Saul
The good news ..... we don't need a nickname for every team, just those that accomplish something special. So thankfully, these forced and painful attempts at a nickname don't need to stick.

Also thankfully, teams that need nicknames tend to create those nicknames on their own. So fans lame attempts to force nicknames can be quickly forgotten. Which I am doing now. Please, all you keep your day jobs. And if you're in marketing, you might reconsider your career choices.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT