ADVERTISEMENT

Houston venue is a joke

cats2010

All-American
Jan 8, 2010
Just like the final four in 2011, the Houston venue is providing horrific basketball. Irks me to no end to have the most important games of the year played in this crap setup.

Horrible is an understatement
dead.r191677.gif

Agreed. I hate basketball at that dome in Houston. I wish the NCAA would stop putting games there.

there is something wrong with that place. good-shooting teams can't put it in the ocean there. something there alters depth perception.

when we were there, our shooting stunk too.

did they not say they weren't doing regionals in domes anymore?

I could have sworn they did

Originally posted by loublue22:
did they not say they weren't doing regionals in domes anymore?

I could have sworn they did
Believe they did say that at one point, but then reconsidered how much more $$$$$ they can get from dome games and changed their mind.

The NCAA knows it's a terrible venue for basketball, but does not care about that nearly as much as it cares about the money.

Originally posted by cats2010:
Just like the final four in 2011, the Houston venue is providing horrific basketball. Irks me to no end to have the most important games of the year played in this crap setup.

We had no problems with the dome effect last year. We shot 50% last year against Baylor in the stadium and hit 8-17 threes.

The NCAA$ should be ashamed. That the final four is there next year is awful. I went last time and the experience of that arena was so bad that it's made me question ever attending another.

Originally posted by wldktz8:
Originally posted by cats2010:

We had no problems with the dome effect last year. We shot 50% last year against Baylor in the stadium and hit 8-17 threes.
We played Baylor in Jerry's world (Arlington, Cowboys' stadium), not at Houston.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT