ADVERTISEMENT

Horrible Story with Cal and Hopkins

Meh Enjoy your Freedom Friar.
UK would blast Providence right now!

I get it. You like trolling this board with your "superfan" schtick, but you really should take a deep breath. UK just struggled to beat a sub-500 Ole Miss without several of its best players. Providence would likely beat UK by 10+ points if they played right now. And you know it.

Makes Hopkins look like a punk. Take the high road. You’re at Providence not the Lakers.

However, Cal will see it and learn from it. Straight from the horse’s mouth will impact him. Never too old to learn a lesson from a former player.
He does have too quick a hook on some players.

Makes Hopkins look like a punk. Take the high road. You’re at Providence not the Lakers.

However, Cal will see it and learn from it. Straight from the horse’s mouth will impact him. Never too old to learn a lesson from a former player.
Lmao Cal learns from nothing. He does the same shit, year after year, decade after decade. He’s the epitome of insanity.

Shitbird.

Essentially what many of us have been saying all along;
BS…Hopkins had plenty of chances. He really had only one decent game. Usually he was a turnover waiting to happen. He wanted to be a volume shooter

His team lost tonight as he hit 3-14 shots

Don’t need that poisonous attitude on our team. Had he stayed, he could have been a decent player on our team this year. He left thinking he had been mishandled. I say BS. I do not like Prima Donna players

Ccc will never see any of this as his fault.
He believes he is perfect

Yeah, how many times have we seen a player make a mistake and he is out the rest of the game. All about him trying to appease certain players. Why I feel sorry for certain players now knowing they should be getting more minutes or maybe even starting but don't. Simply looking out for certain players over what is best for the team to win.

While we have had a product below our standards lately, especially 2 of the last 3 years. We were a top 6 team the 1 year Bryce is complaining about. He would have a better case about his UK experience if he was on the 9-16 team or this year.

What’s horrible about it?

He wasn’t promised anything. He didn’t think he was good enough to play at UK. Others convinced him he was. He found out he wasn’t.

So he quit.

He did make some UK fans into Providence fans. So there’s that.
Bryce is proving himself EVERY GAME he plays at Providence, who is ACTUALLY RANKED as opposed to Cal's UK team. He's the "backup QB" that left and became a SUPERSTAR!!! Which is a DIRECT punch in the gut for UK fans!!!

The kid is going to be the Player of the Year in the Big East and an All-American. Bryce has EVERY right to tell WHATEVER he wishes about his experience with Cal. It's just MORE proof that Cal shows FAVORITISM towards certain players.

The "horrible" thing is he's not wearing Blue and White this season!!!

No Bryce, you can't do whatever you want no matter who you play for. Best of luck with the Friars.

He actually gets quite a bit of freedom in Ed Cooley's offense. Might not be "whatever" he wants, but he's a lot more free to make a play. They even run offense for him. Would that have been the case here? Maybe, maybe not. There? The answer is a resounding, yes.

While we have had a product below our standards lately, especially 2 of the last 3 years. We were a top 6 team the 1 year Bryce is complaining about. He would have a better case about his UK experience if he was on the 9-16 team or this year.
What does team success have to do with his personal experience. By all accounts he did not play well at all last year and everyone on this board clamored about him all preseason long on how he was going to be a stud. I never saw in a single game last year what all the hoopla was about except perhaps the LSU game where he had a breakout only to never really play again. This is a personal account of his own struggles from last year and attributes to what has changed to improve his game.

I think this is the reason CJ can’t shoot, in the beginning of the year he had a role. Then Cal didn’t play the lineup and now he wants CJ to only do certain things. He’s right in that Cal wants every player to have a role, but anything they do outside that role leads to getting pulled. Cal used to be the guy you came to play free, beat your man. I can’t hide you, blah blah blah. Totally different the last 6 years.

I think this is the reason CJ can’t shoot, in the beginning of the year he had a role. Then Cal didn’t play the lineup and now he wants CJ to only do certain things. He’s right in that Cal wants every player to have a role, but anything they do outside that role leads to getting pulled. Cal used to be the guy you came to play free, beat your man. I can’t hide you, blah blah blah. Totally different the last 6 years.

To me, it feels like since the Boston/Askew/Clarke season I don't think he trusts his freshmen like he used to. That's why he brought in Wheeler and gives him so much leeway. 5 years ago, Washington and Wallace would have had free reign to run the team from the moment they hit campus. Maybe Im just seeing what I want to see, but I honestly think there is validity in this.

The players I like are the ones he runs off the most because they will not do it his way

Cal's got to go; this year, next year just soon. Please

Reactions: nickhorvathsuxazz
No wonder why CJ and Reeves regressed here and lost their shot. Cal needs to retire.

Hopkins was never getting many minutes at the 4 last season over brooks and toppin. He was put out of position at the 3 and that hurt him for sure. Some players thrive better in certain systems than others and I'm happy he is where he should have went to begin with.

I mean it’s true, even more damaging..

But another article from the Athletic causing major distractions to the team. Not once but twice, in the same season & just weeks apart..

I see a Trend!!!!!!!!!!! It ain’t good!!!! What is going on?

Essentially what many of us have been saying all along;
Good grief! The comment section below that article is full of Cal's minions! It's almost like the cult on this board lurks at every UK-related website, just waiting to pounce on anything that paints Cal in a bad light. Unbelievable!

He actually gets quite a bit of freedom in Ed Cooley's offense. Might not be "whatever" he wants, but he's a lot more free to make a play. They even run offense for him. Would that have been the case here? Maybe, maybe not. There? The answer is a resounding, yes.
I wish it would have worked out here but since it won't in every case, it's imperative that we get the right players in the portal. Next season will be very interesting and either be a throwback to the OAD era or a case of experience still mattering. Likely a combination of both. Also hoping Coach Tyler Ulis is here for a long, long time.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT