ADVERTISEMENT

Hopefully gonna see this a lot this upcoming year

I hope that was perfect execution by the offense and not our secondary blowing another coverage. Those guys have to step up this year. Front 7 on D could be nasty but a porous secondary could negate that.

Agree. White and stoops need to keep things simple in the secondary. Its obvious childress is very physically talented but just can't grasp some of the more complex stuff they want to do.

He absolutely killed us last year messing up coverages. Once bama exposed it, we never got it fixed.

Not to mention the times he cost us being super aggressive playing run. Once uf exposed that, it cost us numerous times because it never got fixed.

We have talented options at safety. If he can't play responsibilities, play someone else for gods sake. We cant give up wide open tds all year.

I'm mostly bullish on defense this yr......mostly. The below is from an ESPN SEC primer.

Lord knows he'll get plenty of disruption from his front seven. Linebackers D'Eryk Jackson and J.J. Weaver combined for 17 TFLs last year, and almost no one has the sheer size Kentucky boasts from its line: Deone Walker, Josaih Hayes and Keeshawn Silver average 6-foot-4, 329 pounds and combined for 16.5 TFLs.

After ranking 11th or better in defensive SP+ for four of five seasons, UK slipped to 34th last year. The run defense was solid, but the Wildcats were extremely bend-don't-break against the pass. Considering the secondary was almost entirely made of sophomores, that made sense. But now corner Maxwell Hairston (five INTs, seven breakups), nickel Alex Afari Jr. (5.5 TFLs) & Co. are juniors. Might coordinator Brad White be able to ramp up the aggression a bit?

You want to try to stay with Barion Brown step for step?
Last time I checked, I'm not a P5 scholarship DB, so, no. At the end of that clip, I did notice Childress trailing the play, an all too often replay of what we saw last year. We've got to be better than last year in the back 4. Way too much cushion led to a very high 3rd down conversion rate for our opponents. As another poster above said, Childress had a bad habit of biting on play action and/or coming forward to play the crossing route allowing WRs to run free behind him. That can't happen this year. With our front 7, I would expect a LOT of 3rd and long situations and we absolutely can't allow other teams to convert time after time.

Reactions: bluecoon1
That was a breadbasket catch too. Not one where Brown had to twist his body, reach or jump for, or alter his route to catch. A QB who can put passes on the money like that is something we've sorely been missing.

Reactions: bluecoon1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT