ADVERTISEMENT

"Hoosiers" writer wants to do a director's cut and include missing footage

A player from my alma mater got paid $50 as an extra (an opposing team player) and ended up getting suspended 3 games by the NCAA. Times have changed.

A player from my alma mater got paid $50 as an extra (an opposing team player) and ended up getting suspended 3 games by the NCAA. Times have changed.
Oh, and they made him pay back the $50!

Lots of young millennials and zoomers think Hoosiers is racist because Hickory beats an integrated high school for the championship.
I’ve heard that too. And it ignores the fact that the film is based on a true story, and it was simply trying to give an accurate depiction of what actually happened. In real life, Milan (the team Hickory is based on) played a huge integrated school with black players in the championship game.

But millennials and zoomers are gonna search for any reason to scream racism. No need to learn the historical background first.

Last edited:
Vastly overrated movie
Includes THE SINGLE WORST KISSING SCENE IN ANY MOVIE, EVER.

CoolFlusteredChanticleer-size_restricted.gif

Reactions: travisbickle
I’ve heard that too. And it ignores the fact that the film is based on a true story, and it was simply trying to give an accurate depiction of what actually happened: Milan (the real Hickory) played a huge integrated school with black players in the championship game.

But millennials and zoomers are gonna search for any reason to scream racism. No need to learn the historical background first.
More like yall are gonna make strawman argument to virtue signal your outrage.

Give me Teen Wolf over Hoosiers, and while millennials can be ridiculous, at least they're smart enough to not stand on the side of a road waiting for JFK Jr to pop out of the ocean like Ariel.

Reactions: travisbickle
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT