ADVERTISEMENT

Hmm. Hubert in Lexington

Tried to go to UNC board to see what they were discussing and apparently I am banned there for rules violations? Weird cause I don’t remember ever going there in the past? Strange?
The UNC board went through a period around the height of the academic scandal where their mods were basically automatically banning every UK fan that showed up …even if they said nothing wrong.

You might’ve just dropped in and said something harmless and not remember it now. Just coming from a UK board was enough to get popped there back then.

I assume to see Thiero.
It's for Adou--the price came down quite a bit from what Papa Thiero was delusional about in the beginning.

BTW-I know I've said this repeatedly but with Hubert being around that many cars--if someone flipped him the keys he looks so much like and older version of Larry "Flash" Jenkins from Ferris Bueller's Day Off (joy riding valet) and Chevy Chase version of Fletch (Gummy). Sorry for diverting the thread but if I were there I'd go up and ask him how it was joyriding through Chicago and hanging out with Chase and George Wendt on set of Fletch.

It's for Adou--the price came down quite a bit from what Papa Thiero was delusional about in the beginning.

BTW-I know I've said this repeatedly but with Hubert being around that many cars--if someone flipped him the keys he looks so much like and older version of Larry "Flash" Jenkins from Ferris Bueller's Day Off (joy riding valet) and Chevy Chase version of Fletch (Gummy). Sorry for diverting the thread but if I were there I'd go up and ask him how it was joyriding through Chicago and hanging out with Chase and George Wendt on set of Fletch.
Fletch arguably one the greatest and most underrated movies of all time.

Fletch arguably one the greatest and most underrated movies of all time.
I always call Hubert Davis "Gummy" when I see him on my television.

BIT BY BIT is perfect for Fletch and sums up the '80s too. Fact it's used in that damn movie with Bruce Willis and Tracy Morgan makes me laugh my ass off too--like why the **** would they and then they cut it off "Cop Out" is a sneaky funny one too. When Morgan punches that kid in the nuts I lose it. LOL

The UNC board went through a period around the height of the academic scandal where their mods were basically automatically banning every UK fan that showed up …even if they said nothing wrong.

You might’ve just dropped in and said something harmless and not remember it now. Just coming from a UK board was enough to get popped there back then.

Yep. Forget the idea of banning because of a certain kind of post, they’ll name ban sometimes before you’ve even posted anything. I’ve heard many people say that they had no idea why they were banned over there. It was one day access and the next day not and no remembrance of (or admission to) that they had posted anything that warranted it.

Yep. Forget the idea of banning because of a certain kind of post, they’ll name ban sometimes before you’ve even posted anything. I’ve heard many people say that they had no idea why they were banned over there. It was one day access and the next day not and no remembrance of (or admission to) that they had posted anything that warranted it.
I’m one of them. I dropped in once just out of curiosity after hearing folks here mention what was going on there. Didn’t say anything even slightly provocative. But then found out I’d been banned anyways. As far as I could tell, it was only because I had the letters “UK” in my name.

It remains the only time I’ve ever been banned from a message board.

Imagine living with and making relationships with a number of teammates and friends and then they all depart. How would that make you feel about staying? As fans we would love for him to stay and in some ways it would seem in his best interests. But, other than Perry who is new and a Kentucky kid, none of the ex-players seemed to have any appreciation or feeling any belongingness for the program itself. That is going to be a huge difference in focus between Cal and Pope.
He should stay and build the foundation for years to come. If he looks elsewhere and decides to go then so be it. Great opportunity right in front of him.

Reactions: Pygmy Sasquatch
Are they meeting for lunch?

And... if a player who is still on campus and under scholarship...and who (I assume) lives in Wildcat Lodge......I wouldnt think it would be allowed for another college coach to 'recruit' him there. Plus it seems to me, that if a player is still under scholarship for the year, and the school year is not over, that it would be a violation to 'recruit' them. But....all the rules have changed.
There are no "enforceable " rules any more.

The NCAA is dead in the water.

They wouldn't penalize UNC when they had the power to do so.

I always call Hubert Davis "Gummy" when I see him on my television.

BIT BY BIT is perfect for Fletch and sums up the '80s too. Fact it's used in that damn movie with Bruce Willis and Tracy Morgan makes me laugh my ass off too--like why the **** would they and then they cut it off "Cop Out" is a sneaky funny one too. When Morgan punches that kid in the nuts I lose it. LOL
Bubba Gump :D

Maybe it's me but I'd much rather see Thiero at Pitt than UNCheat.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT