ADVERTISEMENT

Highway robbery

And I think about all the comments I have read about how nobody wanted to face Duke until the Final Four. "Please God don't put us in the same bracket as Duke", "I don't want to face Duke until the Final Four", or in other words we can't beat Duke so let's get another Final Four banner to brag about and then they can send us home. And I have been saying Duke can be beaten. Are they good, Yes but, so are the Cats! Why is everyone on this board afraid of Duke! Here little 'ol UCF, without 1/10th of the talent of the Cats, plays big bad Duke right down to the wire with a good chance to win. So, I ask again, why is everyone on this board so afraid of Duke? We Are Kentucky for Christ's sake! We shouldn't EVER be afraid of any team any where, any time!

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
It’s all about TV ratings and entertainment. Duke is the story line for this year along with Zion. Love them or hate them, they get eyeballs on the television sets and that is why dook has to keep this thing going.....And for the record, I did not watch the game, but that seems to be what is happening, similar to the New England Patriots

Reactions: Titpwhami2014
several angles show there was no push in the back. Doesn't change There was a textbook hook and hold and Zion charged 23 times and got called once.

Corruption at the highest levels. Two programs are treated differently and allowed to operate under a separate set of rules than the rest

Reactions: ruppcat
I dunno about these theories. If the refs really wanted to help Duke they'd have called a shot clock violation on UCF and taken away two points instead of saying the replay was inconclusive. The straight on camera angle was pretty conclusive IMHO. And, Tacko absolutely mugged Zion on one play at the basket with no call. Before anyone starts, there's no way I wanted Duke to win.

Last edited:
yelling-dwight1.gif

Reactions: FFWhite
Duke will not win it all if they keep playing this way. They could have lost this game several different ways even after shooting well above their average from 3.

Reactions: Jazzycat
two fouls on the drive. the first was a clear foul on the floor. if it wasn’t going to be called the guard should have just shoved himself into jones and peeled off with a layup. he was fouled twice.

Reactions: JStaff2187
The team that beats Duke will be the team that isn't afraid of the letters D.U.K.E. on the front of the jerseys. UCF wasn't but, that final shot just didn't go down.

That was literally trash ass calls by the refs and an act of god for them to beat UCF ... unreal. Clear push in the back on Barrett, clear charge on Zion, Tacko went STRAIGHT UP and was called for his 5th, if he's in they get that rebound, a missed EASY alley oop ... disgusting. I'm pissed.

Reactions: Fox2monk
My kids were going crazy at the 2 minute mark saying Duke is going down. I said, no unless UCF is up 10 due to refs.

Yes charge on Zion. Hook and hold on Duke on game winning rebound.

Obvious charge and also a hook and hold misssd.

They should have lost. Duke lucks out again

Last edited:
Reactions: FFWhite
It’s not a charge. It’s the new defense people are employing against Duke where they wait for a duke guy to dribble and then dive under their legs or fling themselves backwards 10ft. Started with Bilas slurping all over willliams from unc doing it. It’ll stop when the refs stop falling for it.
The missed tip just became part of the story. Every champion has to escape once or twice.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT