ADVERTISEMENT

Highway robbery

They tried to screw them from the start and they still almost pulled it off. Screw Duke, I hate the refs all playing to dukes advantage.

I’m so damn mad right now. One rebound by UCF or one damn call by the refs and UCF wins.

Reactions: jrpross
This....

Or just pull it out and burn 30 seconds and you likely win.

Knew as soon as it happened it would cost them. That’s a possession you hold the ball on. Don’t take a shot til the last 5 seconds on the shot clock hell you may even get an offensive rebound but you definitely don’t try the risky play there. UCF had it and let it slip.

There definitely is a God, but wow, UCF had to make that lay up to win, despite the questionable charge.

Tacko made a difference today. Congratulations to UCF on their game plan and effort today. Wish they could have made that layup.

Reactions: Mr_GG
The Zion charge/no charge was somewhat questionable. The clear two hand push in the back by Barret on the rebound was ridiculous. You can’t let a guy clearly use a two hand push in the back to take the lead in the last minute of an NCAA tourney game. Should have been shooting free throws on other end.

Reactions: jrpross
between UNC and Arkansas or Duke vs. UCF, the fix is in folks. Duke is allowed to play extremely aggressive and foul relentlessly. Jones at UK would be fouled out every game by halftime. Zion is allowed to take his 6’7 300 lbs frame and drive into defenders shoulder down and draw blocking calls. It’s been this way all year. Duke is the choice this year and this has been written in advance.

In reality Duke just went home. In today’s fantasy world, they advance.

But I'm the crazy one...........

Reactions: Mr_GG and morgousky
He pushed the UCF kid completely out of bounds on the missed FT. Imagine Nick Richards getting away with that.
I can't believe they let that happen. I can't believe the follow up to win rimmed out, I mean that was a perfect NCAAT moment robbed from us. Think about it we could have seen it as a lead-in on sports shows for the next 30 years.

I still think Duke is vulnerable in this tournament. I think their Sweet 16 game will be easy but beyond that they have a minefield. If we can't make the title game, I could see UNC knocking them out (but that puts UNC close to us the number of titles).

I’ve seen our guys get called on that push off, no idea how he then goes to the line.

Yes, it was offensive. Also missed a push in the back on the missed free throw on the same trip.

And the path will be easy from here for a final four. Liberty is going to beat Virginia tech and Michigan st will beat LSU (only team with athletes to hang) and then k is going to shat down Izzo throat like he does every time

That was the grossest ending to a game I have ever seen. I wanted UCF to win so bad. Someone posted above that this proves there is no God. That is not correct. What it proves is there is a devil. An evil little blue devil.

Reactions: Mr_GG
i think this game was great. shows that duke is really beatable. Let's keep winning and try to get as far as we can. Season is just one game long, and we have Houston to beat.

I still think Duke is vulnerable in this tournament. I think their Sweet 16 game will be easy but beyond that they have a minefield. If we can't make the title game, I could see UNC knocking them out (but that puts UNC close to us the number of titles).

They will not lose before the FF. I think Texas Tech, Gonzaga and Florida State all have a shot of beating them, but that's about it.

And the path will be easy from here for a final four. Liberty is going to beat Virginia tech and Michigan st will beat LSU (only team with athletes to hang) and then k is going to shat down Izzo throat like he does every time

K will dictate the games as he sees fit

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT