ADVERTISEMENT

High scoring junior, 6-6 Dontaie Allen of Pendleton County; Darius Miller 2.0?

Smashcat

All-American
Gold Member
Mar 13, 2012
Class of 2019 young man has already had 10 games of more than 40 points. Just got an Illinois State offer and seems like a kid who could earn PT at UK over four years.

Teach him some PG skills and he'll be that big guard Cal loves. I'd love to seem him be the next Hawkins.

if he has talent, would like to see a Ky kid @ UK.....just don't think Cal has interest in anyone except 5 star recruits. There have been several Ky kids that could have helped. Really like the kid from Ky that plays @ WVU
115888-agenda.gif

if he has talent, would like to see a Ky kid @ UK.....just don't think Cal has interest in anyone except 5 star recruits. There have been several Ky kids that could have helped. Really like the kid from Ky that plays @ WVU
Tyler Herro wasn't a 5 star until after he committed . Dom Hawkins wasn't a 5 star.

Reactions: catben and brianpoe
Have a feeling that Cal will look at the right Kentucky kid. As this kid gets more offers maybe UK will invite him to campus. He's scoring points and sounds like a gym rat. What's not to like?

I played ball with him at a Pendleton county local park when I was visiting my friend. Insanely good handles for his size and he was also a good passer. He didn't shoot much when we played but the ones he did he made. Very nice guy love to watch at UK
Good to hear a firsthand report!

Reactions: Pizza Slice
JMO Mr & Ms Ky BB should be offered scholarships by UK automatically. Being considered best in the state. Most would play their heart out for Ky. Again JMO

JMO Mr & Ms Ky BB should be offered scholarships by UK automatically. Being considered best in the state. Most would play their heart out for Ky. Again JMO
There have many mr Bb that couldn’t play or help here. So no, no automatic scholarship. And most me Bb that could play would not be happy to come here to just sit for 2-3 years.

There have many mr Bb that couldn’t play or help here. So no, no automatic scholarship. And most me Bb that could play would not be happy to come here to just sit for 2-3 years.
you're right. the key word is "offered". They would know what they were getting into.

anybody 6' 6'' who can handle the ball will get Cal's attention. Shooting and defense don't matter though. Nope. not at all lol. I guess Cal assumes he can teach shooting and defense to freshman consistently in 30 games.... somebody should tell him he crazy as hell!

I played ball with him at a Pendleton county local park when I was visiting my friend. Insanely good handles for his size and he was also a good passer. He didn't shoot much when we played but the ones he did he made. Very nice guy love to watch at UK

Why don't we give some of these Kentucky kids a 2nd look don't understand it. We know one thing for sure is they will play with heart, motivation, and for the name on the "front" of their jersey...Always a Kentucky boy's dream!!

Reactions: Pizza Slice
anybody 6' 6'' who can handle the ball will get Cal's attention. Shooting and defense don't matter though. Nope. not at all lol. I guess Cal assumes he can teach shooting and defense to freshman consistently in 30 games.... somebody should tell him he crazy as hell!
Yeah, the previous 9 years don’t count.

Great players like this kid need to get to UK period. We have let some great talent out of UK chasing the 5* rainbow that most times has no pot of gold at all. Give the kid a scholly and keep some of these kids here. They actually know the name on the front.

Why don't we give some of these Kentucky kids a 2nd look don't understand it. We know one thing for sure is they will play with heart, motivation, and for the name on the "front" of their jersey...Always a Kentucky boy's dream!!
I think it's a multitude of things. Some players really just aren't good enough. Some wants immediate playing time and doesn't wanna put in their due diligence. Others probably feel like they're being recruited over a don't like that. I mean if I was a player and knew I couldn't go pro I would want as much playing time in college as I could get. That being said, some Kentucky boys could definitely contribute in 2-3 years if they're willing to wait and I'd love to have them on our team. Derek Willis, Dominique Hawkins, and Darius Miller are just a few examples. I always thought Jon Hood was gonna be a stud but he never got it for whatever reason.

Reactions: Dirt Court King
Allen is getting better all the time. But has yet to attract high D1 offers. I've watched him several times and right now, he'd be one of the best shooters on this UK team. Darius attracted several high D1 offers before he chose UK.

IMO Allen deserves a look at UK. He will be a Mr. Kentucky candidate next year. I think he's much better than Jon Hood was coming out of H.S.

Allen is getting better all the time. But has yet to attract high D1 offers. I've watched him several times and right now, he'd be one of the best shooters on this UK team. Darius attracted several high D1 offers before he chose UK.

IMO Allen deserves a look at UK. He will be a Mr. Kentucky candidate next year. I think he's much better than Jon Hood was coming out of H.S.
In fact it appeared Darius was headed out of state for college. I like that you’ve seen him and can attest to his shooting ability. Maybe he doesn’t continue to get better but sure seems like the kind of kid we’d like to have, on and off the court, as a multi year player.

I believe he just got his A$$ kicked by some 3 and 4 star players more then once this year, with our 5 star players, playing.

OLD STOLL FIELD GUY!
Not 3 and 4 Star freshmen. Please don’t forget.... Yubby got roasted for 3s and 4s

Reactions: brianpoe
"anybody 6' 6'' who can handle the ball will get Cal's attention."

Where are they? Or was that missing a 't?

Tyler Herro wasn't a 5 star until after he committed . Dom Hawkins wasn't a 5 star.

Hawkins had a couple of good games, other than that what did he do. He wasn't as good as Willis & everyone knocked that kid. Sure could use his shooting now

Hawkins had a couple of good games, other than that what did he do. He wasn't as good as Willis & everyone knocked that kid. Sure could use his shooting now
Damn, you said Cal wouldn’t even look at less than a 5 star and I gave you 2 that he did.

Then you say we need a KY kid and proceed to bash Hawkins. Wtf do you want?

He got offered by Illinois State? Cal better offer him now or we might lose out to other big time programs.

He got offered by Illinois State? Cal better offer him now or we might lose out to other big time programs.

Wasn't Anthony Davis offered by Illinois State when he was still a relatively unknown? If so, sign up the other kid. Illinois State has an eye for talent. [laughing]

Reactions: brianpoe
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT