ADVERTISEMENT

Hickman to Gonzaga

Good for him. Seems like a good guy. Probably was worried about playing time with all the high-level guards we have coming in. Also probably a little homesick as well. Although I don’t see him playing much at Gonzaga. Maybe he can come in and play off ball a little bit or something.

Sucks seeing Gonzaga take a recruit of ours when they already had a loaded team/class, but I'd rather he went there than Kansas or Auburn.

Reactions: UKRuppster
It’s going to get harder for Few to recruit Euro players since Loyd left for Arizona. Plus wait till he has to mesh a bunch of freshman together, not saying he can’t do it but it will be tough

Weirdly it may be best for them if Timme leaves because they HAVE to play zone to play Timme & Holmgren at the same time and it’s hard to see it being a great zone.

Who would you put at number one next season?
No idea. I don’t have clue about which team will return who or add who and nobody will anytime soon. My comment was more directed at they will be even better when the prevailing attitude here among many that Hickman wasn’t the immediate answer at point guard when he was still coming here and that you can’t count on anything until he plays in college. Now when he goes to Gonzaga, they are better.

No idea. I don’t have clue about which team will return who or add who and nobody will anytime soon. My comment was more directed at they will be even better when the prevailing attitude here among many that Hickman wasn’t the immediate answer at point guard when he was still coming here and that you can’t count on anything until he plays in college. Now when he goes to Gonzaga, they are better.
I think most people liked Hickman but thought he wasn't ready for the starter role yet.He won't be doing that at the Zag's either but I still think he will be a good player.

Reactions: jace2012
I think most people liked Hickman but thought he wasn't ready for the starter role yet.He won't be doing that at the Zag's either but I still think he will be a good player.
He should be a good player. But like I have said about players going to UK, from now on I put stock in nothing until I see them play in college games against good competition.

HMMMM 3 PT GUARDS ON THE ROSTER....SOMEONE IS NOT GOING TO BE HAPPY WITH THEIR PLAYING TIME. I GUESS YOU CAN ALWAYS TRANSFER AGAIN....😜😜😜😜😜

Last edited:
Reactions: SosaUK87
It’s going to get harder for Few to recruit Euro players since Loyd left for Arizona. Plus wait till he has to mesh a bunch of freshman together, not saying he can’t do it but it will be tough
I’m thinking the same thing. He made major leaps 5 or 6 years ago turning to high quality transfers, euro players and decent recruits, with a top recruit here or there. Now, he’s going all in. Will be interesting to see how it pans out.

I’m thinking the same thing. He made major leaps 5 or 6 years ago turning to high quality transfers, euro players and decent recruits, with a top recruit here or there. Now, he’s going all in. Will be interesting to see how it pans out.
The new transfer rule pretty much ended that problem.The top teams will be able to dominate that market.

Reactions: kywildcat41086
Writing was on the wall for Hickman...
He is from Washington, literally said he was homesick while attending hs in Utah. Kid is smart, on a national contender. Will be loved on campus.
The situation between fanbase and Cal is apparent. Having nba aspirations would I go close to home w proven university or go somewhere I don't know, have my folks have to fly out each game, a somewhat ingrained fanbase who are vocal. He took comfort vs adversity.
Adversity equals growth...

Absolutely no pressure on him to attend Gonzaga. Playing time may be difficult for him though. I lived up there for 25 years and they have a wonderful Fanbase but make no mistake about it it is not big blue nation. Again, Compared to Kentucky there’s absolutely zero pressure on this guy at Gonzaga.

Good for him. Seems like a good guy. Probably was worried about playing time with all the high-level guards we have coming in. Also probably a little homesick as well. Although I don’t see him playing much at Gonzaga. Maybe he can come in and play off ball a little bit or something.
If he was worried about playing time he wouldn’t have went to Gonzaga

Zags will flame out again. No worries. Few is a good coach but not championship cover coach.

Writing was on the wall for Hickman...
He is from Washington, literally said he was homesick while attending hs in Utah. Kid is smart, on a national contender. Will be loved on campus.
The situation between fanbase and Cal is apparent. Having nba aspirations would I go close to home w proven university or go somewhere I don't know, have my folks have to fly out each game, a somewhat ingrained fanbase who are vocal. He took comfort vs adversity.
Adversity equals growth...

Soiled loudmouth fans = adversity = growth that is some high quality justification. Players grow just fine at Gonzaga. Fact is there are a lot of quality options where players can go and not get shit on for every mistake by fans.

He doesn't have to worry about playing against tough competition with the conference powerhouses the Zags have to face. Might make him look better. So, there is that too.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT