ADVERTISEMENT

Herro on adding another guard

Big Blue in 502

Sophomore
Nov 10, 2010

This was one of my concerns in adding so many new guards. Don't want dissention (sp?) or pushing any players away potentially. I feel like we have a great stable of guards, and should wait on Maxey jmo. I'd hate for Herro or Baker to leave for a type of guard that we already have of the same style.

Has anyone ever thought Cal knows more about team needs than others and that includes the current guys coming in? Like both Green and Hami leaving?

Reactions: brianpoe
Note the qualifier at the end of his comment "if Quade stays around, and Hami stays around".
That is an important omission.

I think Cal believes one or both of those are NOT staying around.
If neither do stay around, even if Hagans reclassifies our Guards would be Baker, Herro, Quickley & Hagans.
I'm counting Johnson as a SF.
That is how we entered this past season, and wound up playing the whole season with just 3 guards (actually 2 games with only 2 guards)

I hope Cal continues to recruit the best of the best every single season.

I would rather play with them than against them.

I hope our players stay and earn their spots each season knowing that this is UK and competition will be coming each and every year.

I hope our players stay and earn their spots each season knowing that this is UK and competition will be coming each and every year.

Stop using logic @brianpoe — it makes too much sense.

In all seriousness, starting to think you’re the best poster on this board. Go Big Blue!

Stop using logic @brianpoe — it makes too much sense.

In all seriousness, starting to think you’re the best poster on this board. Go Big Blue!

That makes exactly TWO of us! LOL

289qqr.jpg

This is silly. Herro’s comments are getting taken out of context. It sounds like he was saying that there would be a ton of guards on the team if you add Hagans and Maxey to 2018 then Diallo and Green. The kid is coming to KY, he’s not scared.

Is Herro interviewing much? Or too much? Just a tad bit concerning if it continues. Too many comments a mistake slip of the tongue guaranteed, makes... Oh, jmuo...

If Hami and Green stay along with adding Baker, Quickly, Herro, Hagans and Maxey, which kids' parents will Cal keep in mind when it comes to playing time?:D

I'm joking, i'm joking!!

I TOTALLY trust Cal when it comes to roster decisions. He either knows Hami and Quade are leaving or he's preparing for whatever happens by proposing that these 2019 recruits consider reclassifying to 2018 if they do.

That makes exactly TWO of us! LOL

289qqr.jpg
I tend to agree with his assessment as well. I’ve never seen you come off as overly harsh, articulate and defend your points well, and I think you and agree on most of the issues being discussed lately. So that whole thing about great minds comes into play.

Reactions: brianpoe
Have you let Cal know about your concerns? He may have just mis-counted and needs to be made aware of this.
No need to be an @$$hole hiding behind a keyboard trying to be a billy badass. Last time I checked this was a message board for discussion....... not a place for people like you come to over-compensate for other areas of life you suck at. Thanks for bringing the thought process of a 5yr old to the thread.

Those guys who are reclassifying aren't here yet,this isn't Duke ,so it will take more than two days and I'm sure the NCAA will want to make sure everything is on the up and up, because this is getting to much of a habit and we wouldn't want anyone but Duke to get away with anything shady.

Perhaps I came across as more harsh than I intended.

I should have said that there are way too many variables that John Calipari knows that none of us -- including Tyler Herro can see, and that as the coach of the team he has the responsibility to make these decisions and is in a far better position to make them than anybody else. His track record for making good decisions and having a sound strategy for the team should earn him the benefit of the doubt, and protect him from too much criticism -- especially when it is way too early to see how his roster will come together.
That would've been a great response the first time. I'm not trying to act like I know know than Cal or trying to tell him how to build a roster. I'm simply pointing out the obvious concern expressed by Herro.

Nobody is freaking out haha . If you actually watch the video ,you can see the idea of another guard doesn't exactly excite Herro.
I watched it. Once again out of context. The chances of our current number of guards staying the same is virtually none. Now consider Herro a kid who committed to us at a time that nobody thought SGA or Green was going anywhere. So no I dont think he is showing disappointment. However it's a creepy question and I'm sure it made him uncomfortable.

Reactions: Big Blue in 502
As long as our players, especially freshmen act like they want to leave by flirting with the draft or allowing rumors to go around they are transferring Cal should continue to recruit, recruit, recruit.

If Diallo and Green are not going to announce they are back next year then sign somebody to replace them. This is not on Cal, this is on the uncertainty as to who we have returning. The players cause this and Cal is covering his bases. I would expect nothing less from a coach who wants to win.

Reactions: BBUK and TexKat
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT