ADVERTISEMENT

Here is reality and the biggest problem with taking no action

Catfanlou

Sophomore
Oct 30, 2014
The national media savaged Cal the night of and for several days after we got beat by Oakland . It is no longer an in house fight .

Cal has six freshmen coming in. He will favor them. Freshmen cannot win early or in March . Our fan base will begin to go crazy as
we lose early games such as we did thus Year . THE NATIONAL MEDIA IS HUNGRY FOR EASY TO RESEARCH NEGATIVE STORIES.

They will eviscerate Cal , UK and it will not be a pleasant year or good for our image . Part of it will be that UK fans are crazy . Threaten referees (Even
though that was proven to not be true ) it will be drudged up plus every negative thing about UK they can think of . The year will be a fun one for all of our enemies. Not so much for us .

its a mess and calls for strong action not words . MY THOUGHT IS WE LET IT BE KNOWN WE ARE NO LONGER A ONE AND DONE SCHOOL . WILL RECRUIT FROM THE TRANSFER PORTAL AND PLAY STRICTLY TO WIN. NO FAVORITES . IF THAT IS UNACCEPTABLE TO ANY OF THE RECRUITS COMING IN THATS A GOOD THING. PUBLICIZE IT AND IT WILL HELP FILL THAT SPOT WITH A MATURE PLAYER WHO CAN HELP US.

THE SAME OLE “ I know the standard “ crap coming out of Cal‘s mouth is simply snake oil .

ELI, MB, AND THE BOARD OF TRUSTEES MUST MAKE A DECISION. ARE WE STILL A ONE AND DONE SCHOOL DEVELOPMENTAL PROGRAM FOR THE NBA OR DO WE PLAY TO WIN TITLES . ITS ONE OR THE OTHER . YOU CAN‘T HAVE IT BOTH WAYS . THE GOALS ARE COMPETING . YOU CANT SERVE TWO MASTERS .

THE POWERS THAT BE NEED TO DO SOUL SEARCHING AND TELL US WHICH IT WILL BE BEFORE TICKET SALES .
That’s both the right thing to do and what is in the long term interest of OUR UNIVERSITY . After all we will be here after Cal, Eli, and the current Board is gone . It is our school .

Next year will be a disaster no matter the roster. We are going to have a roster with zero cohesiveness as only a small handful of the players will have ever played together. Then we will be relying on “go make a play” offense and “I can’t hide you” defense from the 9 million dollar mastermind. Will have less shooters next year than last, a vastly underwhelming 6 man freshmen class (in terms of readiness) with no game changing hype recruit on the table. The maestro of this misfit is not a leader, doesn’t know how to prep for a game, study his opponent or draw up a play when it’s called for. Can’t design an offense or teach the principles of a simple zone defense. Next year is the same bad movie with the same bad director with just worst actors. Season number 3 of the cal era with no ncaa appearance likely to come.

Reactions: Ky_Bred_Cat
The national media savaged Cal the night of and for several days after we got beat by Oakland . It is no longer an in house fight .

Cal has six freshmen coming in. He will favor them. Freshmen cannot win early or in March . Our fan base will begin to go crazy as
we lose early games such as we did thus Year . THE NATIONAL MEDIA IS HUNGRY FOR EASY TO RESEARCH NEGATIVE STORIES.

They will eviscerate Cal , UK and it will not be a pleasant year or good for our image . Part of it will be that UK fans are crazy . Threaten referees (Even
though that was proven to not be true ) it will be drudged up plus every negative thing about UK they can think of . The year will be a fun one for all of our enemies. Not so much for us .

its a mess and calls for strong action not words . MY THOUGHT IS WE LET IT BE KNOWN WE ARE NO LONGER A ONE AND DONE SCHOOL . WILL RECRUIT FROM THE TRANSFER PORTAL AND PLAY STRICTLY TO WIN. NO FAVORITES . IF THAT IS UNACCEPTABLE TO ANY OF THE RECRUITS COMING IN THATS A GOOD THING. PUBLICIZE IT AND IT WILL HELP FILL THAT SPOT WITH A MATURE PLAYER WHO CAN HELP US.

THE SAME OLE “ I know the standard “ crap coming out of Cal‘s mouth is simply snake oil .

ELI, MB, AND THE BOARD OF TRUSTEES MUST MAKE A DECISION. ARE WE STILL A ONE AND DONE SCHOOL DEVELOPMENTAL PROGRAM FOR THE NBA OR DO WE PLAY TO WIN TITLES . ITS ONE OR THE OTHER . YOU CAN‘T HAVE IT BOTH WAYS . THE GOALS ARE COMPETING . YOU CANT SERVE TWO MASTERS .

THE POWERS THAT BE NEED TO DO SOUL SEARCHING AND TELL US WHICH IT WILL BE BEFORE TICKET SALES .
That’s both the right thing to do and what is in the long term interest of OUR UNIVERSITY . After all we will be here after Cal, Eli, and the current Board is gone . It is our school .
we’re still a one and done program at least for one more year. nothing will change.

If Mitch was going to allow Cal to coach another year, I wish he would have required him to say, "From now on, we're playing for the name on the FRONT of the jerseys."

In interview yesterday Mitch was whining about Cal not being able to bring in transfers right away because it takes our young players longer to get feedback and make a decision about staying or leaving. So we are victims of the process and Saint Cal is just looking out for the kids, you crazy, selfish benniacs.

Hey Mitch, you can DO SOMETHING about this. Take over, set a deadline for these drama queens to decide...
April 15 seems reasonable enough. TEAM first. And stop making excuses for Cal. Jeez.

• Love
Reactions: blubo
It's done. No amount of offseason crying will change anything. I hope a lot of these kids come back and we can add some nice pieces because I for one want to see my team win a lot next year. We will deal with the coach once the smoke clears.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT