2020 Record: 8-5 (3-5)

2019 Scoring Offense: 27.2
2019 Scoring Defense: 19.3

2019 Offensive Rank: 76
2019 Defensive Rank: 14

Returning Offensive Production: 68%
Returning Defensive Production: 78%

2020 Recruiting Rank: 23

Offense: Terry Wilson returns from injury in 2020 behind what may be the best OL in the SEC and with 3 500+ yard rushers. This O will be potent.

Defense: There are some holes on D, but this will still be one of the better units in the conference.

Overall: This could be the surprise story in the SEC in 2020.

Projected 2020 Record: 9-3

Saturday
Sep. 5 Eastern Michigan EaglesKroger Field, Lexington, KY

Saturday
Sep. 12 at Florida GatorsBen Hill Griffin Stadium, Gainesville, FL

Saturday
Sep. 19 Kent State Golden FlashesKroger Field, Lexington, KY

Saturday
Sep. 26 South Carolina GamecocksKroger Field, Lexington, KY

Saturday
Oct. 3 at Auburn TigersJordan-Hare Stadium, Auburn, AL

Saturday
Oct. 10 Eastern Illinois PanthersKroger Field, Lexington, KY

Saturday
Oct. 17 Vanderbilt CommodoresKroger Field, Lexington, KY

Saturday
Oct. 24 at Missouri TigersFaurot Field, Columbia, MO

Saturday
Oct. 31
OFF

Saturday
Nov. 7 at Tennessee VolunteersNeyland Stadium, Knoxville, TN

Saturday
Nov. 14 Mississippi State BulldogsKroger Field, Lexington, KY

Saturday
Nov. 21 Georgia BulldogsKroger Field, Lexington, KY

Saturday
Nov. 28 at Louisville CardinalsCardinal Stadium, Louisville, KY

Saturday
Dec. 5
sec-230x230.png
SEC ChampionshipMercedes-Benz Stadium, Atlanta, GA

My comments was written from your 2020 record at the top, 8-5 and 3-5, which would say we are losing five conference games, I think we are better than that. Much better. And to finish at 8-5 we would have to win our bowl game, without knowing who we will play?

Then you say our projected record is 9-3.

OK, your error, should start with 2019 record 8-5 (3-5), not the 2020 record. And while 9-3 is a good record I am hoping to be 10-2, and maybe tied for the conference lead, although I think we are more likely to beat Florida and Auburn than Georgia, and we HAVE to beat Thug U. Their luck runs out some day.

My comments was written from your 2020 record at the top, 8-5 and 3-5, which would say we are losing five conference games, I think we are better than that. Much better. And to finish at 8-5 we would have to win our bowl game, without knowing who we will play?

OK, your error, should start with 2019 record 8-5 (3-5), not the 2020 record. And while 9-3 is a good record I am hoping to be 10-2, and maybe tied for the conference lead, although I think we are more likely to beat Florida and Auburn than Georgia, and we HAVE to beat Thug U. Their luck runs out some day.
Thats a whole lot of typing for what was clearly a typo.

OK, your error, should start with 2019 record 8-5 (3-5), not the 2020 record. And while 9-3 is a good record I am hoping to be 10-2, and maybe tied for the conference lead,

Its just copy and paste.....what you want to see is in the first post.....i didnt write this

It kind of boggles the mind when you have a team that won 8 games with no true quarterback and some guys predict a crash and burn. At least this one gives some credit.

Thats a whole lot of typing for what was clearly a typo.

Everyone isn't perfect, typed my reply before I saw the real 2020 prediction and just decided to leave my comments. But thanks for the critique.

Defense: There are some holes on D, but this will still be one of the better units in the conference.

I’ll credit the overall analysis, but the statement, above contradicts itself. One of the “better defensive units” in the SEC, coming off of successive seasons finishing 6th (2018) and 14th (2019) nationally in scoring defense has “some holes?”

Where?

I’ll credit the overall analysis, but the statement, above contradicts itself. One of the “better defensive units” in the SEC, coming off of successive seasons finishing 6th (2018) and 14th (2019) nationally in scoring defense has “some holes?”

Where?
Maybe they're considering "Punt Returner" as part of the defense? (I say that with a lot of sarcasm.) Not sure what they could be referring to either.

Reactions: The-Hack and Kat308

Where?
FWIW, I did not see much "analysis" there; just some 2019 end of year offense and defense numbers. [winking]

The Cats did play good defense last year, #21 in YPGA (as a high level defensive "measure" I prefer this over points allowed). However, that defensive effort came against offenses ranked between #31 (UofL) and #126 (Vandy). Again, YPG, not points. That is a 12 game offensive average ranking of #77.

I have no idea about the caliber of offenses they will face this year.

Peace

Reactions: Ky grandpa
FWIW, I did not see much "analysis" there; just some 2019 end of year offense and defense numbers. [winking]

The Cats did play good defense last year, #21 in YPGA (as a high level defensive "measure" I prefer this over points allowed). However, that defensive effort came against offenses ranked between #31 (UofL) and #126 (Vandy). Again, YPG, not points. That is a 12 game offensive average ranking of #77.

I have no idea about the caliber of offenses they will face this year.

Peace

Never miss a chance to downgrade any positive UK news or projection! Glad to see that COVID quarantine hasn't dampened your style.

Reactions: The-Hack
However, that defensive effort came against offenses ranked between #31 (UofL) and #126 (Vandy).

But we held the Top offense we faced, U of L to only 13 points . . . less than Toledo and EMU scored against us . . . .

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT