ADVERTISEMENT

Henderson....Please Tell Me???

sluggercatfan

All-American
Aug 17, 2004
Why do you give up AJ's bat and JS's glove to pinch him for a .259 hitter...Totally ridiculous!!!!!!!

He pinch ran for him to get the tying run. Which in hindsight they didn't need to because next pitch was wild and moved runner over anyway.

I was scratching my head too, knew it would come back to haunt us...but...let's see if it matters now!

Originally posted by Wildcatsworld:
I was scratching my head too, knew it would come back to haunt us...but...let's see if it matters now!
WOW...Great game to win...CATS get tomorrow off!!!

You don't get his bat again if you don't score his run. AJ is likely not scoring on a single from 2nd base...gotta get to the next inning, can't worry about 2-3 innings down the road when your already in the 9th.

Not sure about the Heady for Shelby move...would have to ask him.

The thing that made me question it was that there were 0 outs. So at that point a single may not score him from 2nd but you'd have several tries to then score him from 3rd.

Bad coaching there rub for him with two outs. Congrats to Henderson for taking out the best player in the sec! One of his many misakes.

As much as it sucks that he wasn't available for the final few innings, the Reed substitution was correct.

Put it this way...if Reed gets hosed at home on a single from second base, y'all complain. If Reed gets hosed tagging up from 3rd like the MSU guy, y'all complain.

Now the Heady for Shelby one doesn't make sense to me, but I wasn't able to be watching the game at that moment.

Not true if they get a single with no outs or one out you just hold him! I would sub with two outs only. Some hoorible plays but some outstanding ones as well. gotta give him credit for sticking all year with Reida he played so well.

Originally posted by CatsFanGG24:

Put it this way...if Reed gets hosed at home on a single from second base, y'all complain. If Reed gets hosed tagging up from 3rd like the MSU guy, y'all complain.
Hey I referred to it earlier, hindsight is 20/20. I fully admit that I'm coming from the position of fan watching at home.

In regards to the play you are talking about that I quoted-- that guy was out. The runners leg came up and over the plate because of the good positioning by the catcher, when his foot came down it was past the plate, he stamped dirt. The ump got it right.

This post was edited on 5/23 4:10 AM by Wildcatsworld

Originally posted by teach them linear:
Bad coaching there rub for him with two outs. Congrats to Henderson for taking out the best player in the sec! One of his many misakes.
While all of the points you and others make, Henderson has been criticized for freezing up in tight situations on this board. You certainly can't say he did that in this game. It is hard to say whether the team won in spite of Henderson or if his moves were decisive in getting the win. I'd have to say that it was a pretty improbable win with the pitching staff so short and spent. I think I'm just going to walk off with the team and the win. Your post was made in the heat of the game. Mine is made in the warm afterglow of a satisfying and unexpected win.

Originally posted by Old_Red:
While all of the points you and others make, Henderson has been criticized for freezing up in tight situations on this board. You certainly can't say he did that in this game. It is hard to say whether the team won in spite of Henderson or if his moves were decisive in getting the win. I'd have to say that it was a pretty improbable win with the pitching staff so short and spent. I think I'm just going to walk off with the team and the win. Your post was made in the heat of the game. Mine is made in the warm afterglow of a satisfying and unexpected win.
Well said. Seems some people only want to give Henderson blame when things don't go well and none of the credit when they win.

Not true if they get a single with no outs or one out you just hold him! I would sub with two outs only. Some hoorible plays but some outstanding ones as well. gotta give him credit for sticking all year with Reida he played so well.
You just hold him? Then sub in a faster guy with 2 outs?...and then possibly strand that pinch runner with two outs because you tried to be cute and had to hold Reed at 3rd on a single? A 500lb man can score from 3rd with two outs, why pinch run?(praying for a passed balled?)

Really, it is the opposite - no reason to pinch run with 2 away on 2nd or 3rd because that runner is off on contact....HUGE difference.

Are we serious here?

And yes, the MSU guy was out at home - to the guy a few posts above.
This post was edited on 5/23 9:25 AM by CatsFanGG24

Originally posted by CoachZ77:

Originally posted by Old_Red:

Well said. Seems some people only want to give Henderson blame when things don't go well and none of the credit when they win.
Just like Calipari.....maybe this means that Henderson has "arrived!"
wink.r191677.gif

I've been critical,but I'll also congratulate them on hanging tough,and beating MSU and Cohen,whom I know is sick losing to Henderson and UK!Hopefully Henderson has felt some fan pressure,to step his managing up ,to play focused,aggressive baseball,whatever maybe this trend will continue!Very satisfying win,especially against Cohen/MSU and their entitled fan base! Go Cats!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT