ADVERTISEMENT

Hell on Earth

Wesley91581

All-American
Sep 5, 2004
What if Earth is actually hell thus the saying “hell on earth”? Or is it actually purgatory?

I believe some religions have taught this concept and it is an interesting idea although the statement hell on earth you mention would imply that hell is actually somewhere else. Otherwise we’d say we live in hell or earth but no need for differentiation.

I personally like the Greek take on hell where it is a custom tailored suffer fest for each individual. Much more interesting in my book.

I believe some religions have taught this concept and it is an interesting idea although the statement hell on earth you mention would imply that hell is actually somewhere else. Otherwise we’d say we live in hell or earth but no need for differentiation.

I personally like the Greek take on hell where it is a custom tailored suffer fest for each individual. Much more interesting in my book.
Or the reincarnation theory where you keep repeating the same life til you get it right, that’s interesting. If so I have like 548 more lives before I get it right I’m pretty sure.

Reactions: chroix
Or the reincarnation theory where you keep repeating the same life til you get it right, that’s interesting. If so I have like 548 more lives before I get it right I’m pretty sure.
I don’t remember my world religions 100% but isn’t that like the circles of hell until you reach nirvana - is that Buddhism or something.

You will be so jacked after 548 more lives. Your eyelids will have striations. The earth may not contain enough protein to support this.

Reactions: roguemocha
Some of the people that have had Near Death Experiences (NDAs) how expressed that the earth life was set up to create challenges to allow for one's spiritual growth. That could loosely fit the definition of some sort of purgatory or something worse. When you think of what we have to deal with here, wars, poverty, disease, famine, crime etc. life may indeed be a living hell for many folks, and challenging at times for the rest of us.

Some of the people that have had Near Death Experiences (NDAs) how expressed that the earth life was set up to create challenges to allow for one's spiritual growth. That could loosely fit the definition of some sort of purgatory or something worse. When you think of what we have to deal with here, wars, poverty, disease, famine, crime etc. life may indeed be a living hell for many folks, and challenging at times for the rest of us.
Definitely seems very plausible - appreciate the insight!

Reactions: Deeeefense

It’s a good way to approach life whether it is true or not.

Reactions: Ron Mehico
You will be so jacked after 548 more lives. Your eyelids will have striations. The earth may not contain enough protein to support this.
I hope it’s more lives, I will consolidate all the weights and protein and be lord of Supplements & Heavy Objects 😂

• Haha
Reactions: chroix
I think I died during the beginning of COVID and I'm now in hell. Only way to explain it. Oh wait, the Braves won the World Series - that was cool and wouldn't have happened in hell. NVM.

My response to all that stuff is always the same: it's above my paygrade. I'm just a monkey who wears shoes. The writer HG Wells was asked if believed in reincarnation. He said, "Oh, once is enough for little HG."

Reactions: J_Dee
if you've ever been in west Kentucky in august you know that hell can be on earth. whether it is the basis for a theological position, I wouldn't guess.
How bout, “If you’ve ever been in west Kentucky, you know that hell can be on earth.”

Am I right? There’s NOTHING to go to western Kentucky for except maybe St Louis.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT