ADVERTISEMENT

hehe Bronny remaining in the draft

I'm sure some team will offer him a 2 way G League contract to curry favor with Lebron but no team is going to want to look like clowns by drafting him, even with the last pick of the 2nd round.

Reactions: Fox2monk
I’m not advocating for Bronny because he has no business being in the draft this year, but….in the moving 3 pt shooting drill, I watched videos of both Bronny and Reed. Bronny was far more accurate than Reed. Bronny only missed 1 shot in the whole drill. Reed was pretty good but missed at least a half dozen shots.

How did he fail miserably? I'm trying to see if your trolling.
Lost the series 4-1. Couldn't hit a wide open 3 that would have sealed a win.
Played me ball for most of the second halves of the games against Denver trying to outplay Jokic in my opinion. Couldn't finish at the rim like he used to do. Missed critical free throws. Got beat on defense like a rented mule.

Other than that, he was a superstar during the Denver series.

Winners win. Losers lose.

How is this any different from the thousands of cases of nepotism that happen everyday. Don’t understand why yall are so up in arms about this.
Because people want to believe that all those job promotions/hiring and college admissions and other things are due to hard work and not nepotism.

Personally- Man. How cool is it to play ball with your son on the highest level. Being that LeBron James have been the face of the league for +20 years and been among the best ever, I think at a minimum someone could draft his son and allow them that experience.

"It's cool when YOU do it, it's a problem when I do it"

If Bronny gets drafted in the NBA it will be because of daddy. Period.
6'1" guards are a dime a dozen. Especially those that average 5 points a game.
Ok, I’m assuming you never watched him play prior to his cardiac arrest. He was solid. Not great, but not hard to project a future role for him. Athletic and could knock down the open three.

He may or may not get drafted in his own right, but he was a decent player a year ago no matter who his dad is. Then he almost died. I’m guessing that had an effect on him.

Ok, I’m assuming you never watched him play prior to his cardiac arrest. He was solid. Not great, but not hard to project a future role for him. Athletic and could knock down the open three.

He may or may not get drafted in his own right, but he was a decent player a year ago no matter who his dad is. Then he almost died. I’m guessing that had an effect on him.
You would be correct. I have only seen highlights and some high school all star games he played in.

Never saw anything that would set him apart from a boatload of kids his size that would separate him out as an NBA draft pick.

I hate the health problem for the kid. If I were a billionaire and my son came that close to dying playing basketball............
I wouldn’t be pushing for him to play basketball. But, that is just me.

It really appears to be an ego trip for Lebron to be able to play in the NBA with his son so the King......

You would be correct. I have only seen highlights and some high school all star games he played in.

Never saw anything that would set him apart from a boatload of kids his size that would separate him out as an NBA draft pick.

I hate the health problem for the kid. If I were a billionaire and my son came that close to dying playing basketball............
I wouldn’t be pushing for him to play basketball. But, that is just me.

It really appears to be an ego trip for Lebron to be able to play in the NBA with his son so the King......

Might be.

Lost the series 4-1. Couldn't hit a wide open 3 that would have sealed a win.
Played me ball for most of the second halves of the games against Denver trying to outplay Jokic in my opinion. Couldn't finish at the rim like he used to do. Missed critical free throws. Got beat on defense like a rented mule.

Other than that, he was a superstar during the Denver series.

Winners win. Losers lose.
So he was out there by himself at damn near 40. Who beat him on defense? You are just saying stuff just to say it.
Denver is better than the Lakers at the end of the day. Lebron played well and AD played exceptional most of the series on the offensive end. Davis can not check Joker at all.

You are trolling.

So he was out there by himself at damn near 40. Who beat him on defense? You are just saying stuff just to say it.
Denver is better than the Lakers at the end of the day. Lebron played well and AD played exceptional most of the series on the offensive end. Davis can not check Joker at all.

You are trolling.
Facts don't have feelings. You are all up in your feels about LaBron.
Good on you. Or, you are trolling.
I couldn't care less what LaBaby James does on or off the court. Just making an observation after watching Denver whip his old rear end......again.

Everyone's fault but LaBron's. LOL. You sound just like him. Have a nice day.

Love reading through all these comments after Bronny had one of the best showings at the combine this week.

• Haha
Reactions: lazycat75

He was a solid player but if his last name was Smith he wouldn’t have been an AA and never would be on NBA radars.

Reactions: track42
I’m not advocating for Bronny because he has no business being in the draft this year, but….in the moving 3 pt shooting drill, I watched videos of both Bronny and Reed. Bronny was far more accurate than Reed. Bronny only missed 1 shot in the whole drill. Reed was pretty good but missed at least a half dozen shots.
So what? Many guys are great at drills and in practice. Reed shoots 50% in game. I know who I would take. Maybe that was he best drill performance ever ya know?

After about late first round, how many guys actually even hang around on the bench for full contract or two?

Taking Bronny late second cost a franchise nothing. The risk reward with Bronny is better than some project from Angola or Moldova. Name recognition jersey sells alone will pay his contract. He's got a market demographic of young gen-z gaming, tik tok, and whatever the f8ck else, fans.

Then if Pops signs a friendly little contract just to play with him for a year or two before retiring and is able to bring in some players who want to play with him to sniff a playoff run...you've hit the lottery.

After about pick 25, I'm thinking Bronny makes more sense than just about anyone.

• Haha
Reactions: Fox2monk and KFuqua
Why does Bronny James get so much media attention? People in a 109 post thread on a Kentucky board in May.

Why does Bronny James get so much media attention? People in a 109 post thread on a Kentucky board in May.
From the media side, LeBron has been a perfect foot soldier for ESPN/Disney, so they will always serve us up anything related to LeBron. As much as we can handle. You need LeBron James in your life, because he is the King. On and off the court.

From Rupp Rafters side, this story is easy to b;tch about because we all know what it is, and we also understand there's no real harm or victim in it. It's just an unusual and interesting story. Personally, I'm hoping it gets weird and stupid. The NBA has become a terrible product, IMO, and I think a good clown show is what it deserves.

Reactions: KY_First
The NBA is currently turning into reality TV, a made up show, theatre. There’s no debating it either, the NBA in 20 years will be as fake as a Duke fan. I already question its authenticity right now, and if you don’t, you’re blind. It’s a totally made up script and the Bronny (cringest name of all time) is just more evidence. It’s sad because it was once a great sports league but that’s over.

It’s closer to professional wrestling today than a real league like it once was. How anyone encourages it, or enjoys it, is beyond me. Lebron James ruined the NBA from the top down. Hopefully some of the euro players get it back.

I also think it’s fascinating that the league is getting away from American players because of the fan experience. It’s not talked about much, but the players have gotten so rotten and arrogant, the NBA is bringing in a new wave because they’re only going to get worse. But American players did it to themselves - at some point you have to allow fans to be fans it keeps them involved and keeps things interesting. The “pamper me” and “respect me” angle American players now demand is coming back to bite them.

Nobody wants to take their kids to watch a bunch of feminized complainers that wear dresses. lol. This was once a man’s league.

The 80’s and 90’s players handled it much better, the current players think they can treat the sport with disrespect (no faces of franchises) and the fans with disrespect (sit down and watch) and it’s somehow going to work out. It’s not. The NBA knows it’s on a bad path too that’s why they’re swapping out American players for foreign players.

Last edited:
That's kinda where I'm at. The guy seems like an ok person. He's probably aware of his situation and knows he's never gonna be an NBA lifer. Play will your pops, and have some fun. Bronny isn't living a normal life. Different playbook than anyone else out there.

That said, if I had more money than God, I wouldn't be allowing people to call me "Bronny" as a grown ass man.
Not like lebron is any better

I wish the kid the best and he's a decent player at best but if his name was Bronny Eversole, he wouldn't be anywhere above a decent group of 5 school or low end power 5 bunch.

You are trolling.
The problem with the Lakers is the roster is poorly put together. They have no backup big man to help AD. The Lakers generally came out to a strong start then faded because of depth. AD played great but had to guard Joker the majority of the time. The Timberwolves had 3 big guards who could guard him. Russell has no consistency as a secondary playmaker. Plus they had nobody who could guard Murray at all. LeBron is 40 and 3rd team ALL NBA, really don't know what more is to be expected of him,

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT