ADVERTISEMENT

Heads up about watching the Chattanooga game

Glenn's take

All-American
May 20, 2012
This game is NOT on TV at all. It is only available streaming AND you have to be subscribed to ESPN Plus. Based on yesterday, even going to a bar may not be an option. My sister's kid went to Auburn and their game yesterday was like they. They tried to go to Goodwood and watch it with an Auburn club. My brother in law did tech support trying to connect their WiFi to their TV but apparently they were not smart TV so they wound up having to leave. Even had they been able to connect, they still would have to have the subscription to ESPN Plus which I seriously doubt they had. If you are planning to go to a bar, you may want to go a day or 2 early to see if they meet all that criteria. If you can't do it at home or find a bar that can, you will be SOL.

Also, even though they are FCS, Chattanooga has 46 Seniors and Super Seniors on this team. Many are transfers in from D1 programs. We should still hammer them, but they will put up a fight.

They are very similar to East TN. State that put a butt whipping on Vandy yesterday.

You should be subscribed to ESPN plus anyway. It has so much stuff.

UFC fight nights alone are worth the price of admission.

Reactions: TIE543
All of the volleyball games are on it too. I enjoyed watching it last year and have watched some this year. The Hulu/Disney Plus/ESPN Plus package is the way to go.

That's the package I have. What you get for the price compared to every other streaming service? It's a no-brainer.

Reactions: wildcatwelder
Luckily my verizon phone bill includes the Disney bundle. ( disney+ hulu and espn plus) included. I can log in with my laptop and mirror that to the 60"

I don’t usually gripe much but I’ll take this opportunity.

First, it is unfathomable that in today’s age of instant digital gratification and $$$ that any SEC is not available for viewing. Really, someone needs to resolve it.

Last, is it a rule that the tv broadcast must be a full 10 seconds behind the radio broadcast? I always listen to our guys while watching and while it’s doable even with the delay, it’s also annoying.

First, it is unfathomable that in today’s age of instant digital gratification and $$$ that any SEC is not available for viewing. Really, someone needs to resolve it.

Last, is it a rule that the tv broadcast must be a full 10 seconds behind the radio broadcast? I always listen to our guys while watching and while it’s doable even with the delay, it’s also annoying.
SEC has a deal that one game for each team will be on ESPN+

Nebraska plays Oklahoma and UC (#8…lol) plays at IU (lol) in the same time slot.

I’ll tell Alexa to put out 630 WLAP and will flip back and forth from those games. Only have to wait until 3:30 PM because Alabama and Florida open up The Home Depot SEC on CBS.

Then for a little cherry on top, we get Aubbie and Penn State for the nightcap. Hopefully Bow Nicks plays well.

Not the best weekend ever of CFB but still…Daffy Duck material.

My advice to the people that are going to get mad about this only being available is 2 fold. 1, get used to it because it's going to happen more and more. 2, a Roku is your friend. It's easy to use. My 76 year old mother learned so you can to.
There are also plenty of unsavory sites to watch a stream on if $7 a month is too much to swing for espn+

$69.95/year, well worth it. I got it for football only because I’d easily blow that much going somewhere to watch one game.

Reactions: JDHoss

A TV delay is common practice. Great reason being the Janet Jackson/Justin Timberlake Superbowl halftime show that accidentally educated millions of youth across the globe on the female anatomy.

Supposedly, you can listen to Leach on the iHeart app and sync up with the video by pausing a bit. Never tried it, but that's what I've heard some people do.

So if you already pay for ESPN (not ESPN+), you'll be able stream it, right?

This game is NOT on TV at all. It is only available streaming AND you have to be subscribed to ESPN Plus. Based on yesterday, even going to a bar may not be an option. My sister's kid went to Auburn and their game yesterday was like they. They tried to go to Goodwood and watch it with an Auburn club. My brother in law did tech support trying to connect their WiFi to their TV but apparently they were not smart TV so they wound up having to leave. Even had they been able to connect, they still would have to have the subscription to ESPN Plus which I seriously doubt they had. If you are planning to go to a bar, you may want to go a day or 2 early to see if they meet all that criteria. If you can't do it at home or find a bar that can, you will be SOL.
Informative take, Glenn.

Seriously, thanks. You saved me some game day grief. I'll prolly grab a one-month subscription and stream via laptop.

Reactions: Glenn's take
Informative take, Glenn.

Seriously, thanks. You saved me some game day grief. I'll prolly grab a one-month subscription and stream via laptop.
You may want to think about getting a Roku and get the Hulu/Disney Plus/ESPN Plus package for $14 per month. It's a pretty good value and the Roku allows you to do it on your TV. You get all of the volleyball games that way too.

Reactions: AustinTXCat
Also, even though they are FCS, Chattanooga has 46 Seniors and Super Seniors on this team. Many are transfers in from D1 programs. We should still hammer them, but they will put up a fight.

They are very similar to East TN. State that put a butt whipping on Vandy yesterday.
They just lost 30-20 to Austin Peay in their opener. Crazy things can happen, but Cats should roll with ease.

They just lost 30-20 to Austin Peay in their opener. Crazy things can happen, but Cats should roll with ease.
Yes. We should roll them. Really hoping Beau Allen and backups get a lot of playing time in this one. But there are a bunch of old men on that team.

Last edited:
It's just another way to suck money out of people, the streaming services are becoming almost as bad as the cable companies. But I'll pay the $7 and then cancel the service.

Reactions: CB3UK
Luckily my verizon phone bill includes the Disney bundle. ( disney+ hulu and espn plus) included. I can log in with my laptop and mirror that to the 60"
Same here and I do exact thing, Chromecast to my TV.

As many have said, if you don't have ESPN+ (or the Disney Bundle) it is worth it.

There are so many threads on here about "cutting the cable" I would figure everyone would have it already.

In 2021, a game streaming on the No. 1 sports app (and most people having either a smart TV or roku type device connected) is a big deal.

Just to cement how much of a thing this is. The Notre Dame and Toledo game is not available on any TV package you have. It is only available on the Peacock streaming network.

My advice to the people that are going to get mad about this only being available is 2 fold. 1, get used to it because it's going to happen more and more. 2, a Roku is your friend. It's easy to use. My 76 year old mother learned so you can to.
We just put a Roku in our outdoor patio TV.
So your telling me with that Roku I can pick this game up?

I have used it just a couple times to watch TV while grilling out. I guess I need to see tonight if that channel picks up.

As many have said, if you don't have ESPN+ (or the Disney Bundle) it is worth it.

There are so many threads on here about "cutting the cable" I would figure everyone would have it already.

In 2021, a game streaming on the No. 1 sports app (and most people having either a smart TV or roku type device connected) is a big deal.
I cut the cable years ago, but that ESPN+ package just isn't worth it to me. I'm only paying for a package with ESPN during college football these days as it is. ESPN+ is just a bunch of 3rd tier sports primarily. I'm not getting sucked into paying for it just for one UK game. I'll listen on the radio or find another way to see it.

Yeah, I’ve been known to play for ESPN+ for a month just to get one game and then cancel right after. It’s worth it if there’s a game you really want. For a game against an FCS team, I might pass.

You can download a app called DOFU NFL and DOFU NCAA FOTBALL and watch most anything free. You can even cast kt to a smart TV. I cut cable couple years ago.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT