ADVERTISEMENT

He was never open to accountability or change...

struggler

Sophomore
Jan 23, 2013
So he figured out an escape route... typical.

I am by no means a Duke fan - but when you compare how they handled their coaching transition to this weekend drive by... it just speaks a lot about Cal, his lack of integrity (which he demands). his lack of accountability (which he demands), his fluid definition of Loyalty (which he demands) and his lack of vision for UK (which he faked many years). He was always about himself (proven in the end) and HIS players (not UK's) and is fine to leave the roster as bare as he can...

Hope any hold-outs realize it all now.

Plus he cannot in game coach... and was their 3rd choice...

Also an easy call to say he will bring Brad on staff... I feared it was going to be UK's - now with Hogs.

He knew this next season was going to be even more misery and scrutiny for him - he had no plan - and he spent last Summer in hiding and skipped NBA draft night... Now he can talk crap all Summer and go to his favorite prom night and act like he is something... lol.

Last edited:
My hate for him is gone now, he’s an afterthought. He left us with plenty of time to make some off season roster moves and it won’t cost us $30 mil. Couldn’t have worked out better for us.

hey at the end of the day, Cal is taking the Arkansas job because he has to.

no he wasn't going to get fired, but he knew he'd be miserable here and since the Oakland game it has hit him that he isn't really wanted here by every demographic of the program - the AD, the fans, the big donors, hell, he probably lost Jeff Sheppard too.

and Arkansas was the only program that will write him a blank check.

Every program Cal could have wanted to go (including Arkansas) has had a better post covid record than UK. How is he going to sell that? He had the best recruiting classes, the POY, high quality portal transfers and he STILL LOST.

He was closer to Iona territory than he cared to admit.

Last edited:
My hate for him is gone now, he’s an afterthought. He left us with plenty of time to make some off season roster moves and it won’t cost us $30 mil. Couldn’t have worked out better for us.
It did work out well for UK. I’ll be curious how he handles the exit. If he just leaves and goes about his business at Arkansas, cool. If he feels the need to take shots on his way out, that game in Rupp is going be spicy.

the fans reaction to Cal in Rupp, IMO, will be more about our state of the program at the moment than Arkansas.

UK lands a good coach, has the team ranked and has generally met or beat first year expectations, then the rematch will be national news but Cal will play it off and move on.

But UK is stinking up the place and he comes in with all his shiny new toys, it will probably be pretty ugly.

This. Too many said it was just coachspeak or for recruits. If you actually listened to him, and took him at face value, everything made a lot more sense.
I basically said the same thing you just did multiple times this year in different threads. People were confused about starters, lineups, saying he'd forgot how to coach, etc. etc.. If they would just listen to him, he was not interested in UK's success.

I will give Cal this as much as I wanted Cal to leave I think he left us in the best situation he could have. I understand our recruiting class is gone but I mean really what does that matter as what has the last few years recruiting classes gotten us. It is a good restart for Cal and Kentucky. A lot of posters on this board sworn that Cal would not leave $33 million. He did and it was the right decision. Kuddos to Cal on that.

I basically said the same thing you just did multiple times this year in different threads. People were confused about starters, lineups, saying he'd forgot how to coach, etc. etc.. If they would just listen to him, he was not interested in UK's success.
Not just listen to words but observe very real facts and numbers and videotape that also PROVE this. You can't tell me a guy coaching for 40 years doesn't understand that's the dumbest lineup he could have used in the Oakland game.
That would be like my Green Beret dad pulling out his 1911 to hit a Target at 500 yards instead of the .338 mag w a 50x Nikon on it.

Reactions: Wonky and Fox2monk
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT