ADVERTISEMENT

HBO's developing a Jon Snow show

Same actor?

Was hoping they could find a superhero who’s over 5 foot 3 this time.

I thought I saw this was a hoax? Are they really considering this?

The guy that reported this said that Roberts Rebellion was getting made into a show. He said that Nymeria was getting a show. He said that Corlys Velaryon was getting show. None of those got made into a show. He is a friend of David Benioff and hasn't had access to GOT since D&D got the boot from any further hbo shows. He's throwing stuff at a wall hoping he hits before he gets fired. The clicks this story got was probably all he was going for.

I thought I saw this was a hoax? Are they really considering this?
A reliable movie podcast I like has been saying for several days it’s going to happen. Hopefully a season 9 of GOT basically.

GOT was a great series - I’d argue until just the last 2-3 episodes. Even those were’t that bad in my opinion in and of themselves. They were just a very abrupt way of ending the series. If they were going to end it like that they needed a little more build-up to come to that conclusion. Another 2 or so episodes of building the plot leading into the last couple episodes would’ve helped.

A reliable movie podcast I like has been saying for several days it’s going to happen. Hopefully a season 9 of GOT basically.

GOT was a great series - I’d argue until just the last 2-3 episodes. Even those were’t that bad in my opinion in and of themselves. They were just a very abrupt way of ending the series. If they were going to end it like that they needed a little more build-up to come to that conclusion. Another 2 or so episodes of building the plot leading into the last couple episodes would’ve helped.
I'd argue it was good for 4 seasons and ok for 5 and 6 and 7 and 8 were trash. Not sure if you're a book reader but 7 and 8 just shit on the books. It was like bad fan fiction. Wights quit being flammable when crossing a pit of fire... Stuff like that is just horrible tv.

I heard this was in discussion for an animated series or a video game and the dude ran with it thinking it's a show.

We'll see.

Important to remember that "developing" doesn't necessarily mean anytime soon. I recall hearing about a Child's Play series being in development around 2013 or 14, something like that. Several other horror related series as well. Most of those didn't happen and the Chucky series didn't occur until 2021. This could end up being a limited series like the new version of Justified that's coming too. Lots of possibilities but HBO would be foolish to not invest in the Snow character.

According to Emilia Clarke, Kit Harrington's "created" the proposed Jon Snow show and has been "in it from the ground up":

https://www.forbes.com/sites/paulta...e-of-thrones-jon-snow-series/?sh=bb077e7caf0f

"So what you will be watching, hopefully, if it happens, is certified by Kit Harington."

Gwendolyn Christie's also eager to reprise Brienne, so if the show happens, she'll likely appear:

https://www.newsweek.com/gwendoline...-tarth-jon-snow-kit-harington-spinoff-1718405
Yep. GRRM confirmed I guess. 2 episodes written and I guess they are gonna shoot a pilot and see what it looks like. I can't see this being just in the north and running longer than a season.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT