ADVERTISEMENT

Have you been in a fist fight? When was your last fist fight?

The last real fight I was in was right before the UK/Tx St game in 2006 (I think that's the right year).

Our group tailgated in the purple lot along the fence-line and saw all that insanity happen. You showed a lot of restraint.

Reactions: 80 Proof
Freshman year I wasn’t even five feet tall. I was riding the bus home and neighborhood fat head was picking on me. I told his fat a$$ if he called me shrimp one more time it was going to go down one way or the other.

He says “shut up shrimp”. I haul off and knock the hell out of him. Right in his nose. I didn’t feel a thing. He looked woozy but I was confused. He lays his head down on the seat in front of him. He lifts up and he is pouring blood. Bus driver had to stop the bus and clean him up.

Next day I get called into the office. Mr. Phillips(later became a warden at a prison) asked me what happened. I explained. Figured here comes my paddling or suspension. He literally says “son that kid fought a girl on the bus the day before. He deserved what he got. Go back to class.”

I've been in many. The last was Derby 2019. My cousin and I were drunk and he kept running his mouth. I got fed up so I knocked his beer out of his hand. We tangled and I got him to the ground. I was choking him while looking him in the eye. I asked him if he was ready to die. Then I started pummeling him with punches. That's when it was broken up. I beat the shit out of him. It was completely one sided.

What made it extra sweet was that he is a huge racist and a big Trump supporter. I told him whenever he's ready for round 2 just to let me know. Needless to say, we don't talk anymore. It's caused some division in the family but I don't care. Now he knows the consequences of running his mouth to me.

Last time I was punched was on my 21st birthday in NYC. I was, uh, dating a girl whose family lived near Syracuse and my boss at the time loved NYC. He used me turning 21 as a solid excuse to go up with his wife and meet his buddies up there. It was nice for me because I had some older people around to show me the ropes of the Big City and was guaranteed to have companionship.

I got monkey drunk at some hipster bar in Chinatown or where-ever. My boss and all his friends are buying me drinks and it was a grand old time. It was the highest of times.

There was some dude at the bar dressed up as a greaser or whatever look he was going for to show his aggression to the world in Manhattan in 2002. I thought he looked like Elvis so I drunkenly told him that it was my birthday and that "In The Ghetto" was my favorite Elvis song. Or at least that is what I thought I said. Lord knows.

He did not appreciate this. I was at least agile enough to scram and he apparently spit at me, hitting my boss in the face, while I turned to get away. The prick threw a massive haymaker that hit me in the back of the head, right at the bottom of my skull and top of my neck. Thankfully I did not go down and kept moving.

More thankfully, it was NYC at some trendy bar and they had incredibly large bouncers who immediately stepped in and hustled Elvis out the back door into an alley in a very aggressive fashion. I hope they kicked him in the face a few times.

People who throw sucker punches are just a notch above child molesters and wife beaters, imo. Just absolute scum and deserve every ass-whipping they get.

The last time I was in a physical altercation was at The Green Lantern bar in Lexington when my wife and I first started dating. She was drunk and went outside to take a call or something while I took a leak, not knowing how dangerous that area is. When I managed to find her, some drunken hobo from around that area had cornered her and wouldn't get away so I ended up shoving him and grabbing her while people out on the patio came over to respond to the commotion. That was close to 10 years ago.

I don't think people really fight in public like they used to, which is a great thing. I remember my dad and uncles regularly getting in a scrape or two every so often with other adult men every so over some minor offense in public and no one ever considering that big a deal if no punches were thrown and no one pulled a knife or anything. Now this sort of stuff would make the local news.

Last edited:
Reactions: SmedMoley and J_Dee
The last "fist fight" I was involved in was over 20 years ago, and it didn't end well for me. For one thing, I was too drunk to participate in it except for being the target. Also, it was two on one, with myself being the one, not that I would have fared much better if it was one on one, on that particular evening. I didn't even feel it, until the next day.

The last real fight I was in was right before the UK/Tx St game in 2006 (I think that's the right year).

The last "fight" I was in was about 4 years ago with a former employee. He quickly realized he didn't want any and exited the situation as I was being restrained.

I was reading this saying, "Texas State??? I have no recollection of this game ever happening." Then I realized it was 2006. It was about a week after I had heart surgery. You were so distraught over my condition and absence from the extravaganza tailgate that you were fighting bros.

I was reading this saying, "Texas State??? I have no recollection of this game ever happening." Then I realized it was 2006. It was about a week after I had heart surgery. You were so distraught over my condition and absence from the extravaganza tailgate that you were fighting bros.
Jeff, just wanted to tell you that I miss your dad from the golf course. Classy man and a great golfer.

Reactions: Jeff Drummond
Last time I was punched was on my 21st birthday in NYC. I was, uh, dating a girl whose family lived near Syracuse and my boss at the time loved NYC. He used me turning 21 as a solid excuse to go up with his wife and meet his buddies up there. It was nice for me because I had some older people around to show me the ropes of the Big City and was guaranteed to have companionship.

I got monkey drunk at some hipster bar in Chinatown or where-ever. My boss and all his friends are buying me drinks and it was a grand old time. It was the highest of times.

There was some dude at the bar dressed up as a greaser or whatever look he was going for to show his aggression to the world in Manhattan in 2002. I thought he looked like Elvis so I drunkenly told him that it was my birthday and that "In The Ghetto" was my favorite Elvis song. Or at least that is what I thought I said. Lord knows.

He did not appreciate this. I was at least agile enough to scram and he apparently spit at me, hitting my boss in the face, while I turned to get away. The prick threw a massive haymaker that hit me in the back of the head, right at the bottom of my skull and top of my neck. Thankfully I did not go down and kept moving.

More thankfully, it was NYC at some trendy bar and they had incredibly large bouncers who immediately stepped in and hustled Elvis out the back door into an alley in a very aggressive fashion. I hope they kicked him in the face a few times.

People who throw sucker punches are just a notch above child molesters and wife beaters, imo. Just absolute scum and deserve every ass-whipping they get.

The last time I was in a physical altercation was at The Green Lantern bar in Lexington when my wife and I first started dating. She was drunk and went outside to take a call or something while I took a leak, not knowing how dangerous that area is. When I managed to find her, some drunken hobo from around that area had cornered her and wouldn't get away so I ended up shoving him and grabbing her while people out on the patio came over to respond to the commotion. That was close to 10 years ago.

I don't think people really fight in public like they used to, which is a great thing. I remember my dad and uncles regularly getting in a scrape or two every so often with other adult men every so over some minor offense in public and no one ever considering that big a deal if no punches were thrown and no one pulled a knife or anything. Now this sort of stuff would make the local news.
It is not like the old days where you could throw a few punches and then wind up drinking with the person you were fighting with. These days you will get shot, stabbed, or beaten to death with a board or bat.

I can't remember the last time I was in a fistfight (I was a young teenager, probably), but I've seen plenty at bars in Lexington and Richmond.

The last time I was in a physical altercation was at The Green Lantern bar in Lexington when my wife and I first started dating. ... That was close to 10 years ago.

I know the Green Lantern well. Circa 2011, I might've been there that night, but offhand, the only altercation I can recall seeing there is some dude accosting the old cigarette machine. XD

A buddy and I had just got off the midnight shift and were sitting in our hooch drinking a few beers before going to sleep. We heard a commotion at the other end of the hooch. Somebody was looking for someone and he was cussing up a storm. As he worked his way down the hooch, he got louder and louder. The whole hooch had just got off the midnight shift, so I was wondering why no one had confronted the guy. I decided that if he kept it up till he got to our section I would tell him how his social skills could use some work. Sure enough he pulled back the blanket that we used as a door and screamed a string of cusswords at us. He was as big as Arnold Schwarznegger and was covered in blood. Being the gentleman I am and discretion being the better part of valor, I decided the poor soul had been through enough (or maybe I just didn't want to fight a rabid grizzly bear at the time), so I kept quiet and he went on to the next room. We found out later that he had rounded the corner of a building and some guy had used a 2 by 4 on his face. He was looking for the culprit.

A couple of years ago I was working the overnight shift at a hotel in downtown Louisville. On New Years Eve. So as you can imagine the drunken crazies came out that night.

Around 2 am a guy came up and started pounding on the door. He had his e-key on his phone so I let him in. He was quite drunk. Got in the elevator and then came back a few minutes later because he couldn't remember his room number (and was too drunk to just look at his phone apparently).

He then proceeded to ask me to comp his room because he got into a fight on 4th street. For the first time ever I was just speechless and just sort of started at him. He then said "don't worry, I won't hold you all liable for my injuries". I just went "yeah I'm not really worried about that. He then pulled his phone out and called someone, started crying, and went "I JUST GOT PUNCHED IN THE FACE 😭😭😭"

So yeah I wasn't in a fight but that was funny

I remember when my drill sergeant asked me the same question on day 1 of basic training.. He was an amateur MMA fighter.

The last "fight" I was in was about 4 years ago with a former employee. He quickly realized he didn't want any and exited the situation as I was being restrained.
I was there and completely oblivious to what was going on.

I saw 80 angry as hell and asked what his problem was...then I was told and was sorry I missed it.

I was there and completely oblivious to what was going on.

I saw 80 angry as hell and asked what his problem was...then I was told and was sorry I missed it.
Don’t know him but seems like he has been referred to as a big guy. Who was dumb enough to piss him off?

Not really a fight but in the fall of 79 first night back at Wku, my sophomore year. My roommate from my freshman year dropped out so I got a room not knowing my new roommate. First night I moved into the dorm and still hadn’t met my room mate. I was exhausted so went to bed early. Sound asleep, in the middle of the night I woke up to someone trying to get into bed with me. I jump up and this dude is mumbling something, punch drunk. I put a choke collar around his neck, drug him out the door into the hallway, and dropped him on the floor. Told him if he walked back into the room again that night he wouldn’t walk back out. Next morning I moved out and never saw the guy again. Freaked me out.

yeah give us the details? Why did 80 beat somebody up?

The tailgate next to ours was a bunch of college kids. We were fresh out of college at the time and partying just as hard. Right before the game a huge cloudburst let loose and everyone from both tailgates piled under our tent, no issues.

As soon as the rain cleared, we all started packing everything up when a couple of dudes from the next tailgate over started scraping with eath other. None of is cared until they started throwing each other up against Anthony's Yukon, at which point he tried to direct them away. One of their other friends saw this and sucker punched Anth which caused an all out brawl. Probably about 30 people just going at it in the mud.

As the chaos unfolds, we hear someone shout "who hit the girl?" Which essentially stopped everyone in their tracks as she stood there crying. I figured the fight was over so I started to walk away, at which point I get sucker punched from behind. I turn around at full tilt only to realize it is this chick that had already been hit, so I draw up and avoid jacking her jaw.

I proceeded to call her every dirty name I could think of. She drew back to hit me again and I told to go for it but I'd hit back this time. Some dude pipes up not to talk to his girlfriend that way, and then took off like Carl Lewis when I said "your going to get the ass whipping she deserves".

This girl accused me of hitting her at first, but then multiple bystanders pointed out the she actually caught an elbow from her boyfriend as she was trying to hit whoever he was brawling with.

Last time I was actually in a fist fight.

My last one was last week. I walked into the public library to pick out my Nintendo Wii game for the week. I never wear a shirt but that's not a problem, but the librarian, that old bitch wouldn't let me in without a mask. I told her to stfu, we fought for a minute. When I get out of the hospital I'm going back for round two.

The tailgate next to ours was a bunch of college kids. We were fresh out of college at the time and partying just as hard. Right before the game a huge cloudburst let loose and everyone from both tailgates piled under our tent, no issues.

As soon as the rain cleared, we all started packing everything up when a couple of dudes from the next tailgate over started scraping with eath other. None of is cared until they started throwing each other up against Anthony's Yukon, at which point he tried to direct them away. One of their other friends saw this and sucker punched Anth which caused an all out brawl. Probably about 30 people just going at it in the mud.

As the chaos unfolds, we hear someone shout "who hit the girl?" Which essentially stopped everyone in their tracks as she stood there crying. I figured the fight was over so I started to walk away, at which point I get sucker punched from behind. I turn around at full tilt only to realize it is this chick that had already been hit, so I draw up and avoid jacking her jaw.

I proceeded to call her every dirty name I could think of. She drew back to hit me again and I told to go for it but I'd hit back this time. Some dude pipes up not to talk to his girlfriend that way, and then took off like Carl Lewis when I said "your going to get the ass whipping she deserves".

This girl accused me of hitting her at first, but then multiple bystanders pointed out the she actually caught an elbow from her boyfriend as she was trying to hit whoever he was brawling with.

Last time I was actually in a fist fight.
Stories like this one make me glad my drunken tailgate exploits were before cell phones could record everything happening.

I’m 3 and 1 in my lifetime. Last one was nearly 20 yrs ago....and was definitely the loss. I was at a bar shooting pool with a couple of my friends. One of my friends was making gestures to a girl across the room at a bar that he thought was single....she wasn’t. I never saw anyone.....all I felt was a crack over the head and I was out. Woke up a minute later being dragged out of the bar by my friends. Apparently, the girl told her boyfriend that someone over at the pool take was flirting. He and his buddy came over....grabbed one of the pool cues, cracked me over the head, and started to mix it up with my friends. The fight was stopped by the owners and they kicked everyone out. Ended up with 5 stitches in my eyebrow.

About 10 years ago when I was in college. I was at my fraternity's party that was at a house some of our guys lived in - a pretty small house. It got very crowded and shoulder-to-shoulder so they decided to not let anyone else in. No more room.

We were always usually the type to let in pretty much anyone to our parties as long as you knew someone in the fraternity. Usually always had somebody's friends from back home who didn't go to school with us or something. Never was really a big deal. This was the case at this party...someone's friend from back home was at the party (went to a different college) and several (about 8-10) of his friends were in town and he invited them over to the party.

This was about the time when it was decided to not let anyone else in. These dudes show up and try to push their way into the house and a huge brawl broke out because we wouldn't let them in. It's spilling into the front yard and the street, chicks screaming, etc etc. There was a big crowd near the front door and I was right in the mix. There was some dude in front of me who fell face down on the ground. I didn't recognize him and I was punching the ish out of his back because I couldn't get to his head. I mean I was landing haymaker body shots. The guy pops up pretty quickly and says "Dude it's me! F***ing quit!" It was a fraternity brother of mine. It was the only punches I landed that night and I never did get punched.

Also - these guys who tried to make their way into the party were all on the wrestling team at Lindsey Wilson. We were all drunk frat guys. Those of us who engaged one on one got their asses kicked. That was the last time I was in a fight.

A buddy and I had just got off the midnight shift and were sitting in our hooch drinking a few beers before going to sleep. We heard a commotion at the other end of the hooch. Somebody was looking for someone and he was cussing up a storm. As he worked his way down the hooch, he got louder and louder. The whole hooch had just got off the midnight shift, so I was wondering why no one had confronted the guy. I decided that if he kept it up till he got to our section I would tell him how his social skills could use some work. Sure enough he pulled back the blanket that we used as a door and screamed a string of cusswords at us. He was as big as Arnold Schwarznegger and was covered in blood. Being the gentleman I am and discretion being the better part of valor, I decided the poor soul had been through enough (or maybe I just didn't want to fight a rabid grizzly bear at the time), so I kept quiet and he went on to the next room. We found out later that he had rounded the corner of a building and some guy had used a 2 by 4 on his face. He was looking for the culprit.
Knew a female soldier back in the 70's who was hit with a 2x4 in the back of the head and knocked her out cold. I found her lying face down on the ground. We were both part of a task force that was used to augment the military police in our area because of the drugs and gangs that were a big problem in our area in Germany (Fliegerhorst Kaserne in Hanau). Local community commander authorized using post guards to help out when needed. We would patrol areas and if we found problems, radio for the MP's to come. She had radioed to me while on patrol she had gotten word some one was breaking into a mess hall and she was going to check it out while I called the MP's. We were both patrolling different areas when I got the call. I went to the area where she was and found her out cold. The MP's arrived and an ambulance came later. She wound up being ok and we found out she was attacked by a Puerto Rican soldier she had bested earlier in the week in the post club. He had been harassing her and she got the better of him in the altercation (was a marine before changing services) and his buddies did not let him live it down. One of the guys who knew him found out he was going after her and turned him in. He was busted and put in jail. Military career over.

Knife fight in North Africa 20 years ago. Nobody died. Mutually assured destruction is an effective deterrent.

I remember my dad and uncles getting in fights with regularity. No police, no jail, just handling business like men. Those were the days. Where I'm from, we would fight just to have something to do.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT