ADVERTISEMENT

Has an entire team ever hit the transfer portal at one time?

Well, we’ve only had this new system where transfers don’t have to sit out for a couple years. So there ain’t much historical context measure it against.

Unfortunately, I think what’s happening at UL will become fairly common in this new era. The CBB off season is now a wild west free for all.

Somewhere along the way, there will have to be changes, limitations put on the portal. It is the Wild West but it’s selling your services on the open market so good luck with that. Some of these guys going in 3-4 times is crazy.

Reactions: westerncat
Somewhere along the way, there will have to be changes, limitations put on the portal. It is the Wild West but it’s selling your services on the open market so good luck with that. Some of these guys going in 3-4 times is crazy.
I agree there needs to be something done, but in a situation where your coach is let go I don’t have an issue with guys being able to explore their options.

I’m willing to bet that for every player that left, there’s a better option in the portal or will be in the portal. Hopefully their new coach whiffs on them all and we have the same results as the last 2 years! 😁

Reactions: westerncat
College basketball is becoming a joke. I don’t really know how to fix it so I’m just whining but it’s just not as fun when every team is different every year. Need to be able to offer multi year contracts or something to lock these dudes in. Buyouts, etc

Reactions: UK90
If Mitch had fired Cal, I was prepared for it to happen here. Probably all would have all either transferred or went pro route, with all recruits going elsewhere. Starting from scratch is a little scary without the right and best coach available. Not saying I didn’t support a change, but without the right coach, it would have been tough. I believe this was a big hold up for sure.

I agree there has to be changes, need to put the rule back in if you transfer you sit out a year. The way it is now it is hurting a lot of teams.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT