ADVERTISEMENT

Has a Duke or UNC player

Fairly sure there a big that had eligibility issues at UNC many years ago. Sandy Bell found a way to get him eligible and played for UK a couple years then transferred to Louisville. Don't think he ever play for UNC.

Reactions: Fox2monk
What happened with Parker? He was solid that FR year and then just disappeared from college basketball, but certainly wasn't an NBA guy.

Reactions: jrpross
Sacha Killeya-Jones was a strange case. Committed to Virginia out of high school but changed his mind and comes here. Didn't get playing time here and decides to transfer to NC State after getting denied admission by Virginia and UNC for allegedly have bad grades and transcript issues. He then gets kicked off the NC State team, for some unknown reason, before playing a single game for them, then declares for the NBA draft. SKJ still has never logged a second of action in an NBA game.

What happened with Parker? He was solid that FR year and then just disappeared from college basketball, but certainly wasn't an NBA guy.
If I remember correctly he was injured before midnight madness from horse play, and couldn't play his sophomore year. Then he failed a drug test and never played for us after that.

He blew his knee out over the summer in 2001 and was on his way to recovery and then injured it again goofing around in the locker room at Midnight Madness in 2001, so he was out for the season his sophomore year.

He was then kicked off the team prior to the start of the 2002 season and transferred to South Carolina but never played there. After USC, he transferred to a JUCO in Florida but never played. His only season of college basketball was his freshman year at UK.

He blew his knee out over the summer in 2001 and was on his way to recovery and then injured it again goofing around in the locker room at Midnight Madness in 2001, so he was out for the season his sophomore year.

He was then kicked off the team prior to the start of the 2002 season and transferred to South Carolina but never played there. After USC, he transferred to a JUCO in Florida but never played. His only season of college basketball was his freshman year at UK.
Sad .
He had a lot of upside.

Fairly sure there a big that had eligibility issues at UNC many years ago. Sandy Bell found a way to get him eligible and played for UK a couple years then transferred to Louisville. Don't think he ever play for UNC.
You may be thinking of Clifford Rozier, who was on his official visit to Kentucky and was pretty much a lock to come to UK but Sean Woods took him to a party in Louisville which for some reason violated NCAA rules about how far a recruit could be taken from the campus he was visiting and that was the end of that

Maybe so, but that is what happened. He ended up at UK after UNC’s admission people rejected him for some academic-related reason.
Oh, I know. I just laugh anytime the words UNC and academics appear in the same sentence.

I believe Jason Parker was the most recent. He couldn't meet the academic requirements at UNC. I think that was back in 2000.
Pretty sure he actually attended classes in High School. Not a good look for a UNC application.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT