ADVERTISEMENT

Harris averaging 1ppg coming in…..

I said in some of the threads about the keys to victory that we had to make him take shots. We did. He made them.

I wish Rob hadn't left him so open on those last 2 haha. But if he misses 1 of those, we're tied on that possession where Reed threw it up coming off the screen.

Reactions: bbncal02
There’s a huge difference in guys putting up shots with confidence and the will to win VS. guys just going through the motions and throwing up shots to impress scouts

Reactions: RunninRichie
He is. He averaged 1 point coming in bc he didn't need to score in the 2 blowout wins to open the season. He is a pass first pg, that will again be a finalist for national DPOY. Best PG in college.
Gloat much ?

…..goes 5 for 5 from three.

Sounds about right.
I know. But in fairness, the fact that Harris won't shoot doesn't mean he can't. He's proven that a number of times - one of those being against UK last year. For whatever reason he gets wide-open 3pt. looks against us - and he's going to make those every day.

He doesn’t usually take a high volume of shots, but he’s a career 39% shooter from 3. It was honestly more of a mistake on our part to keep daring him to shoot with nobody even in the vicinity than it was some kind of crazy fluke that he kept making them.

Reactions: rabbitTown
Harris did shoot 40% from 3 last season on 74 attempts. So leaving him to go for steals you had no chance in getting was not very smart on our part. He's made 38.8% coming in to the game. 59 for 152

Reactions: CrimsonCats
They both were the difference . I’d say Dickinson was the main reason we lost tonight more than Harris .
You're probably right. But man, Harris was killing us in the 2nd half with his play-making as much or more than the 3 pt. shooting.

Also, I guess UK didn't learn the lesson from last season - namely that just because Harris doesn't shoot that often doesn't mean he can't shoot when left wide-open and basically dared to shoot.

You're probably right. But man, Harris was killing us in the 2nd half with his play-making as much or more than the 3 pt. shooting.

Also, I guess UK didn't learn the lesson from last season - namely that just because Harris doesn't shoot that often doesn't mean he can't shoot when left wide-open and basically dared to shoot.
Yea they both hurt us . We needed one of them to play average but both played great .

Reactions: struggler and G-PIP
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT