ADVERTISEMENT

Halloween Ends

darkshadesofblue

Sophomore
Aug 19, 2015
Anyone get a chance to see Jamie Lee Curtis’s last stand? A lot of mixed reviews about this movie, a 40% on Rotten Tomato’s. What is your opinion??..

Buddy watched it last night and said it was “meh”. Said it’s not what you may expect from a Halloween movie so you need to go into it with an open mind. Did not like the ending. Asked him if it was worth going to the movie to see and he said wait until it streams.

Buddy watched it last night and said it was “meh”. Said it’s not what you may expect from a Halloween movie so you need to go into it with an open mind. Did not like the ending. Asked him if it was worth going to the movie to see and he said wait until it streams.
It’s already streaming on Peacock.

Horrible. I love the Halloween movies but this didn’t feel like a Halloween movie.

If you want to watch it you can on peacock.

It's not good at all. I think the main problem is there's nothing left to accomplish with the Myers story. The character is a stalk and slash mute with a basic background. There's been 13 films (12 about him) since 1978. There's nothing else to say at this point unless you just want to start over like Rob Zombie did with his versions. It's done at this point, just like the Saw films.

It makes Halloween 3 look like Citizen Kane.
tumblr_pyhtzowaet1xbjxxyo6_400.gif

I think Halloween III might be one of the more underrated horror movies of all time!

Great singular story, amazing kills, pulls no punches and Tom Atkins is great.

Watched half of Halloween Ends last night before falling asleep. I remember kind of thinking "nothing has happened and it's been almost an hour".

I think Halloween III might be one of the more underrated horror movies of all time!

Great singular story, amazing kills, pulls no punches and Tom Atkins is great.
Correct on both counts, but the tide is turning on III being underrated. Horror fans who grew up with the series now recognize it as one of the best. I can't remember the first time I saw it, but I do recall everyone crapping on it because "it's the one without Michael" and "it's about some magic masks or something." If it wasn't for Halloween '78, III would be considered the most beloved film in the series right now.

Reactions: LineSkiCat14
Spoiler !!!!!

What was the point in the Corey transition only to kill him off? Wouldn’t it have made more sense if he transitioned at the end as a killer after Michael was gone ? Also the idea that Allyson would’ve fallen for him that quickly and that Michael would have a tag team partner and get overpowered by a guy who just got jumped by four band geeks is stupid.

Maybe I missed it by why did Michael suddenly take four years off?

I think it’s clear the filmmakers had no idea about a direction of a trilogy as it got worse. The 2018 one is really good. Kills is just violence. Ends sucks balls.

Correct on both counts, but the tide is turning on III being underrated. Horror fans who grew up with the series now recognize it as one of the best. I can't remember the first time I saw it, but I do recall everyone crapping on it because "it's the one without Michael" and "it's about some magic masks or something." If it wasn't for Halloween '78, III would be considered the most beloved film in the series right now.

Agreed. I'd say H3 is up there with any other Halloween outside of the original (and maybe the remake in 2018).

Halloween wasn't actually supposed to be Michael Myers.. it was started as more of a Horror anthology, where every iteration told a new story. But they followed up with H2, and then tried to change the story for H3 entirely and follow through.. but people hated the switch.

Reactions: Nightwish84
Agreed. I'd say H3 is up there with any other Halloween outside of the original (and maybe the remake in 2018).

Halloween wasn't actually supposed to be Michael Myers.. it was started as more of a Horror anthology, where every iteration told a new story. But they followed up with H2, and then tried to change the story for H3 entirely and follow through.. but people hated the switch.
This is true, I believe the original name for Halloween was “The Babysitter murders” or something like that and was supposed to be a one off.

This is true, I believe the original name for Halloween was “The Babysitter murders” or something like that and was supposed to be a one off.
In the Netflix “movies that made us” series, the main guy who owned the series at the time denies it was ever “the babysitter murders” but you’re right, it was never intended to be anything but a one off. But Halloween was groundbreaking, a cash cow, and inspired a ton of rip offs including Friday the 13th.

But yeah, I think the series was intended to be like the Twilight Zone/Creepshow stuff. People just love Michael Myers though.

This is just bad. What the heck did I just watch? What the hell was even the point of the Corey Character?

The only positive is that it was nice visually and sound was solid. (But this doesn't matter much when horror movies have ramped up in quality), and Laurie gets closure.

But literally everything else was shit. The acting was bad, especially from Corey. The series took a hard left turn that really made no sense. The kills are lacking, mostly off camera. The character decisions make little sense, like why Allyson would even be into Corey, their relationship feels so forced and out of left field. And I really hate that this movie tried to do a "rob zombie" where the viewer begins to root for the bad guy. Horrible character arcs and closures. Pacing is bad, nothing happens for the first hour or so. Never loved this story about the town creating the monster, and how come they were able to kill him in this movie, but not the last, why are the rules different all the sudden? Just a weird out of place movie.

You know if this was a stand alone movie about this kid becoming a killer from the accident.. fine. But the actual end to this series needed to be totally different than this.

Like, who the hell green lit this movie?

Daughters said it should have went straight to video 🍺

The weird thing is, the production value of it is certainly not Direct to DVD.. but man, everything else is. I'm curious to see what the people who worked on this say, as time passes. There have to be plenty of actors and staff who were like "wtf are we making here?"

Someone had a great point.. it had little to do with Laurie and Michael, and was instead a weird out-of-nowhere romance between two more-or-less random characters (I know Allyson isn't totally "random")

I saw it in theater and then watched it again on Peacock last night. It's just too weird and I really don't understand how this film got out of development. It's got some good scenes, like the junk yard and it's not even The Shape. Green said it was a tribute to Christine. I see that, but why? Weird.

I saw it in theater and then watched it again on Peacock last night. It's just too weird and I really don't understand how this film got out of development. It's got some good scenes, like the junk yard and it's not even The Shape. Green said it was a tribute to Christine. I see that, but why? Weird.

The DJ kill was gnarly. But I don't know why after all the great kills in Halloween Kills, they wouldn't at least give you some more good ones in Halloween ends. Too many of the kills were off screen, and several were either too basic (gut stabbings) or repeats (the door pining, the mouth blow torch).

Green and Blumhouse were being too clever for their own good. They've seen and heard all the love Halloween III has gotten from horror fans over the last several years and were determined to make their own version of that, which included less focus on Michael and more focus on some new guy in his 20's being bullied by high school band kids. They tried to include something for everyone, which imo is why we got the cutesy dating/motorcycle montage and relationship stuff added.

I don't think there's anyone that's liked all three films and each film feels like it was made by different people. Just an oddball trilogy that feels created out of confusion.

My rankings of the films:

Halloween 1978
Halloween II
Halloween 4
Halloween III
Halloween 2018
Halloween 6
Halloween H20
Halloween Kills
Halloween Ends
Halloween Resurrection

And then buried under a pile of steaming dogshit. . .
Rob Zombie's Halloween
Rob Zombie's Halloween 2
Mine are(without ranking the third one)

Halloween 1978
Halloween 2
Halloween H20
Halloween 4
Halloween 2018
Halloween 5
Halloween Curse of Michael Myers
Halloween Resurrection
Halloween Kills
Halloween Ends

Big big big gap

Even bigger gap

both Rob zombie films

I pretty much agree with both lists. I do think Halloween 2018 has put itself up there on the same tier as H20, and H:Kills is up there with Halloween 4. The remake and sequel just did a great job, more or less.

Probably go:

1. - The original. Created a genre
H20. - Very good revival, cinematography, lots of A-listers. Could have used a few more kills/characters.
2. - Does everything right for a sequel, but kind of always felt like the same movie as #1.
2018. - I loved it. I think I could put this as high as #2.
4. - Good. Satisfactory. The inclusion of Jamie and the towns people actually being sort of useful.
Kills. - Simply for the kills.. oh the glorious kills. However, the "evil dies tonight/town shit" got hokey,
Curse - I don't know why, but there's something very "90's" I like about this one. It was campy, but whatever.
Resurrection - I don't HATE this one as much as others, and I kind of appreciated the meta-ness of it. Still not good though.
5 - Probably lower than most, I just thought it was pretty shit. Like how #2 was kind of an extension of #1.. this even more so just felt like an additional 20 min of #4.
Ends. - see above

The Rob Zombie films have ALWAYS been garbage.. but man, I almost have to put "Halloween Ends" on the same tier now.

Can't really put Halloween 3 in there, but I find it to be more enjoyable than all but Halloween 1 and H20.

Last edited:
I can see myself re-watching Ends at some point. I'll never choose to watch either of Zombie's abominations ever again.

They did Mike wrong in this one, he deserved better. The low point was when a kid stole his mask off his face.
Thought the same damn thing. No way that kid is going to beat up Michael Myers and take his mask. He took on an entire neighborhood a few years prior and wiped them all out.

Reactions: -BBH-
Saw Halloween Ends and thought it was awful. I really could care less about the curly haired guy, or could understand why Lauri's granddaughter was attracted to him. Watched Halloween 2 last night and thought it was really good.

My personal list

1A Halloween
1B Halloween II
3. Halloween 2018
4. H20
5. Halloween 4
6: Halloween 6: Curse of Michael Myers
7. Halloween Kills
8. Halloween 5
9. Halloween Zombie
10. Halloween Ends
11. Halloween 2 Zombie
12. Halloween Resurrection

Halloween II is the scariest to me. Love it so much with the hospital setting. I think 2018 is solid and has a rewatchability factor.

Since when are kids in band the bully?

Also apparently no therapists in the whole town.

Should've ended it with Curtis being killed, the kid taking over as Myers and then the fued begins with her granddaughter

Reactions: VaxxedObamaCat
Since when are kids in band the bully?

Also apparently no therapists in the whole town.

Should've ended it with Curtis being killed, the kid taking over as Myers and then the fued begins with her granddaughter

That would have been an EXCELLENT way to end it, honestly. Certainly better than what we got.

Reactions: VaxxedObamaCat
My personal list

1A Halloween
1B Halloween II
3. Halloween 2018
4. H20
5. Halloween 4
6: Halloween 6: Curse of Michael Myers
7. Halloween Kills
8. Halloween 5
9. Halloween Zombie
10. Halloween Ends
11. Halloween 2 Zombie
12. Halloween Resurrection

Halloween II is the scariest to me. Love it so much with the hospital setting. I think 2018 is solid and has a rewatchability factor.

That’s a solid ranking, I’d put Zombie Halloween 1 higher. Resurrection is absolutely terrible. 3, even without Mike is pretty good, top half.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT