ADVERTISEMENT

Hacksaw Jim Duggan UK football letter from Kentucky Governor in 1973

This guy is from kentucky has a cool radio show Outlaw country srius radio on saturday HILLBILLY JIM
wrestlemania iii wrestling GIF by WWE

Reactions: dustarm20
When Borden was on the team Stoops first year I wanted Sting to show up for a big game and stand at the top of the stadium and point his bat at the other team
Sting is my all time G.O.A.T I thought it was so cool when Stephen played here was hoping for him to become a big time contributor if nothing else than the coolness factor, but frankly I only ever remember him playing once and he dropped a pretty long pass after getting wolloped. 😔

In the weight room in Diddle? I worked out there the first semester of my freshman year and then I started going to the House of Fitness, where I met Hillbilly Jim.
He lifted weights in the football weight room under the football field.

Sting is my all time G.O.A.T I thought it was so cool when Stephen played here was hoping for him to become a big time contributor if nothing else than the coolness factor, but frankly I only ever remember him playing once and he dropped a pretty long pass after getting wolloped. 😔

Sting played at UK?

What connection did Randy Poffo have to Kentucky? Wasn't he the Macho Man Randy Savage?
Played minor league ball for the Louisville Redbirds when they were a Cardinals affiliate, as I understand it. And married a Frankfort girl (Miss Elizabeth). There may be more to it than that...I think even his wrestling may have started in Kentucky.

Reactions: jmalone7us
Played minor league ball for the Louisville Redbirds when they were a Cardinals affiliate, as I understand it. And married a Frankfort girl (Miss Elizabeth). There may be more to it than that...I think even his wrestling may have started in Kentucky.
She graduated from UK. I don’t believe he ever played for the Louisville team. He was done playing minor league ball before they were established in the early 80’s.

Yeah, Savage, his brother and their dad started ICW that was based in Lexington. Savage got busted for shoplifting at the Kroger that used to be at the corner of New Circle and Bryan Station RD according to Jim Cornette. He had stuffed a steak down his pants and tried to walk out and got busted. Ha,ha! You can go to Youtube and watch video's of those old ICW shows and Jim Cornett telling all kinds of stories. Miss Elizabeth is buried in the Frankfort Cemetery.

Last edited:
I saw Randy Savage and Lanny Poffo on several occasions at the old Sin The’ sports center off Richmond rd. A friend of mine was at the wave pool one day and said he saw Savage yelling at some kids for splashing too much 😝😂😂

One day Savage and Elizabeth walked into the weight room where I was working out. He looked in the mirror, flexed, then turned and walked out 😝😝

Reactions: jmalone7us
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT