ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

I've heard it's a really good thing to do for long lag putts. Almost like throwing a football to a receiver, or throw and catch with a baseball. Just find a spot and get it close and follow through to the spot.

Haven't ever tried on short putts....it's not like what I do works, so MARCUS.

Dropped in 'Garden Gate' Food Market on the corner of Breckenridge/Bardstown yesterday....damn.

Place is unreal. Their deli lunch counter in the back is like Deebs + Paul's put together.

Not sure why I never stopped in before, but if you're ever in the area check it out. Went Jerk Turkey on House Made Pretzel bread w/ Jalapeno Havarti, L/T/O, and Chipotle Mayo. $6 including side.

#snackdown

Just spitballing Cawood. Thinking of something that might make it a little harder when the greens are soft. They tried to lengthen it but that didn't work. The only choice is to add some obstacles. They will never do it though.

Originally posted by UK_Memphis:
. The only choice is to add some obstacles.
laugh.r191677.gif

If it were up to me I'd add a windmill in the middle of the green on 16 on that ridge.

Maybe turn Rae's creek into a pond.

Take the bunkers on 18 tee shot, and extend them all the way across the fairway.

Basically re-do the entire course, imo. Needs a lot of work.

Just spitballing Cawood. Thinking of something that might make it a little harder when the greens are soft. They tried to lengthen it but that didn't work. The only choice is to add some obstacles. They will never do it though.
Believe me if they wanted it harder they could have done it with taking water out of the greens. They chose to let it be a birdie fest and allow the roars on the back 9.

Jesus, Chief.

After all the intense email planning for my wifes 30th bday dinner, it went off pretty well. Was pretty surprised and the restaurant was a solid dining experience. Ate at a place in Birmingham called Little Savannah. Very small menu, but everything they did looked excellent. Check it out if you havent already, Not WoodfordandWater.

We stayed just outside of town with some friends who jut bought a house on a lake lot about 30-40 minutes outside of the city. Morning coffee looking out over the lake was pretty nice- and naturally my wife wants to find a similar setup. Of course she's going to NYC this weekend and when she gets back she will be looking at zillow for apartments in one of those neighborhoods.

Today was the first morning i went back to the early morning workout. Gonna try and stick with it, but damn it was awful waking up. Was feeling fine, and in the last half hour ive seemingly hit a wall.

YGM, Beavis.

Originally posted by cawoodsct:
Believe me if they wanted it harder they could have done it with taking water out of the greens. They chose to let it be a birdie fest and allow the roars on the back 9.
I get that. I'm just thinking about what they could do IF they wanted to make the course tougher in the future. Water seems to be the best bet but I do like the windmill idea.

Originally posted by UnfrozenCatfanLawyer:
I have a feeling people are going to be throwing tomatoes at their TVs over the Mad Men finale.

In related news, I'm really going to miss Justified. The body count in the last episode tomorrow night is probably going to be through the roof.

Watching Mad Men has crossed the line to "chore watching", IMO. Feel like I *have* to watch to see how Don dies in the end, but it's not really that entertaining anymore. Moving that to the DVR for Mondays and watching GoT/Silicon Valley/Veep live on Sundays from here on out.

Justified was a good show. Gonna suck for it to be gone. It did a great job of being a good show and keeping a season long arc rolling with tight self contained episodes. Also, it never took itself too seriously like I think Mad Men has started doing. At this point Winn Duffy is a more compelling character study than Don Draper.

Chief, I think the idea when they lengthened it was to get Tiger hitting the same clubs into greens as did some of the other past greats. They ran into a problem that Tiger's 4 wasn't holding 13 like Ben Hogan's 4 iron ( and the same with some other holes) because back in the day the greens were much slower than they are today. For a few years this caused the scoring to be worse and the roars on the back 9 kind of faded for a few years. By keeping it soft the players can somewhat use the same clubs as guys in the past and they still hold and you still get the same excitment.

Saw Rob in the Keeneland Clubhouse Saturday. Poor guy looked a mess. Sadly stood around the lawn by himself with a sling, appearance all disheveled. No idea how he dressed himself, actually. Offered to buy him a drink but all he kept talking about was finding a hotdog. Props for toughing it out I guess.

ohwell.r191677.gif

This post was edited on 4/13 12:18 PM by Geese Feeder

Originally posted by Geese Feeder:
Saw Rob in the Keeneland Clubhouse Saturday. Poor guy looked a mess. Sadly stood around the lawn by himself with a sling, appearance all disheveled. No idea how he dressed himself, actually. Offered to buy him a drink but all he kept talking about was finding a hotdog. Props for toughing it out I guess.

ohwell.r191677.gif

This post was edited on 4/13 12:18 PM by Geese Feeder
Never saw him, but I guess he wasn't what I was really looking for either.
ohwell.r191677.gif

What a perfect day out there Saturday. Nice to see ya Geese.

Is there any truth to Donovan to the NBA? I saw Pitino offer an endorsement and it seems to be a hot item of chatter, especially with Jacque Vaughn getting the axe in Orlando. That's an interesting roster.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Originally posted by B.B.d.K.:
Thoughts on Spieth looking at the hole on shorter putts? Anyone know his 'cut off' for that?

I ask, b/c I played with a new member yesterday who look at the hole on ALL putts, and he was brilliant.

He was a competitive bowler, and said you look at the pins when bowling, look at the hoop when shooting, look at the target when throwing darts, etc, etc -- so why not look at the target while putting? Said when he looked at the ball when putting, he was constantly focused on his stroke and watching the club instead of the ball, stressing about his line and constantly correcting mid-stroke -- which I'm guilty of myself.

Makes sense if you think about it.

Edited to say once again, Chief is awful.
sick.r191677.gif
I bowl (not very well) competitively, and I can tell you the better bowlers do not look at the pins when they throw the ball.

They look at their mark, the path of the ball, and the break point. Because most nights, the break point changes constantly.

Example: I bowled in a tournament this weekend where the line was constantly moving; ergo I struggled with scores in the mid-500's. But in my league Saturday night, the line didn't change until the middle of the third game; the result was a 757 series.

The top guys know when to make changes when the lanes change.

1. Get rid of that dumbass Billy Payne.
2. Replace him with Chief and Festivus Miracle.
3. Put a minimum of one 25-yard ditch across the landing area of each fairway.
4. Reduce TV coverage to the final 9 like it used to be.
5. ???
6. Profit

Any new Vegas restaurant/hot spots recommendations? I haven't been in over a year. Staying at the Mandarin Oriental.

Originally posted by kybobcat:

Thoughts on Spieth looking at the hole on shorter putts? Anyone know his 'cut off' for that?

I ask, b/c I played with a new member yesterday who look at the hole on ALL putts, and he was brilliant.

He was a competitive bowler, and said you look at the pins when bowling, look at the hoop when shooting, look at the target when throwing darts, etc, etc -- so why not look at the target while putting? Said when he looked at the ball when putting, he was constantly focused on his stroke and watching the club instead of the ball, stressing about his line and constantly correcting mid-stroke -- which I'm guilty of myself.

Makes sense if you think about it.

Edited to say once again, Chief is awful.
sick.r191677.gif
I bowl (not very well) competitively, and I can tell you the better bowlers do not look at the pins when they throw the ball.

They look at their mark, the path of the ball, and the break point. Because most nights, the break point changes constantly.

Example: I bowled in a tournament this weekend where the line was constantly moving; ergo I struggled with scores in the mid-500's. But in my league Saturday night, the line didn't change until the middle of the third game; the result was a 757 series.

The top guys know when to make changes when the lanes change.
He said he was a "spot" bowler, which I assume is what all the garbage above means...my point was, you don't watch the ball or peak at your arm going back, wasn't trying to break down the nuances of the bowling stroke/terminology.

This post was edited on 4/13 3:06 PM by B.B.d.K.

There aren't many things stranger than "bowling guy". I remember taking bowling in college and everyone there knew it was a joke (including the "teacher") except one guy: "bowling guy".

BOOM!!

YESS!

STRIKE BABY!!

ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!?!?

YOU WANT TO SEE A HAMBONE?

/
wrist_support.gif

This post was edited on 4/13 3:08 PM by _Chase_

Originally posted by drxman1:

Any new Vegas restaurant/hot spots recommendations? I haven't been in over a year. Staying at the Mandarin Oriental.
Marquee at The Cosmo is pretty dope. Not really my scene, but I can't deny it's cool.

Dale Brown is certifiably insane, IMO. What a character.

Last Friday Jason Anderson had him on his show on 680. Anderson was asking him questions about the first time he met Shaq during his recruitment and then 2 minutes later Brown was quoting passages from Don Quixote.

Originally posted by Strokin_Bandit:

There are some new shooting mechanics "gurus" who swear by following the flight of the ball instead of staying locked in on the target. This video hits on what you guys have already talked about in terms of bowling and golf. FF to around the 3:00 mark. Interesting stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6UpS3UKYFA
Bowled in a league over at Eastland for a couple years, and the "spot bowling" technique was how I was taught.

Basically, there's three points on the lane you aim for and as Bobcat mentioned earlier, you keep your head down and eyes focused on said spot that reacts best with the oil pattern you're dealing with. Been awhile, but I think you have to take into consideration how big a hook you throw as well, but you dont look up until the ball crosses your line of vision.

Nothing like the boom from a big strike that hits the 1-3 pocket full..
smokin.r191677.gif

Didn't watch the video, but I've always stayed locked in on the rim. The back of it, specifically.

Never understood "watch the flight of the ball" guy. He's the worst.

He said he was a "spot" bowler, which I assume is what all the garbage above means...my point was, you don't watch the ball or peak at your arm going back, wasn't trying to break down the nuances of the bowling stroke/terminology.
I misunderstood. I thought you meant he locked onto the pins the whole time he was approaching the foul line.

I've seen bowlers that do that but they aren't very good.

Originally posted by drxman1:

Check with The Beans.

Good luck, man. I would hate for you to get all the way out to Vegas and not be able to find a decent meal.

Originally posted by PTI (pti):

Good luck, man. I would hate for you to get all the way out to Vegas and not be able to find a decent meal.
Meals are very important.

/Sloot

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT