ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Do some of you people sit back and realize how stupid you sound?

“Yeah, he’s got plenty of money. That extra FORTY FIVE MILLION DOLLARS is nothing”

lol
That’s less than Cal, Bob and Tubby left on the table when they left similar situations. It’s not always based solely on finances. Saban and Tony Bennett are other good examples of this.

He’ll make some of it up elsewhere if he decides to take a job this year or in the next few years. He’s got plenty of money to take time off if he wants/needs it.

As miserable as we are with him, he feels this same.

And this may be a stretch- but if has any bitterness toward Chantel, he could get his alimony restructured.

Last edited:
I'm resigning myself to the fact that Stoops will likely retire after the UL game and that Brad White will quickly be named the new HC.

I like BW, but he does nothing to excite a pissed off fanbase. Our AD would have no clue what the fans think either. Maybe that top button is cutting off circulation to his brain.
I don't think Brad wants to be a HC, tbh. My gut says he's a guy who realizes his strengths and may stay a coordinator. He'd be making a similar mistake to Joker if he moved up IMHO.

That’s less than Cal, Bob and Tubby left on the table when they left similar situations. It’s not always based solely on finances. Saban and Tony Bennett are other good examples of this.

He’ll make some of it up elsewhere if he decides to take a job this year or in the next few years. He’s got plenty of money to take time off if he wants/needs it.

As miserable as we are with him, he feels this same.

And this may be a stretch- but if has any bitterness toward Chantel, he could get his alimony restructured.

This post needs a hardcore fact check, because I’m 99.99% certain you’re wrong.

Quick G search: Cal left UK at $8-9 mill/year for $7 mill/year at Arkansas. Tubby never made more than $2 million.

So anyways. You’re wrong.

This post needs a hardcore fact check, because I’m 99.99% certain you’re wrong.

Quick G search: Cal left UK at $8-9 mill/year for $7 mill/year at Arkansas. Tubby never made more than $2 million.

So anyways. You’re wrong.
Tubby true but Cal cost himself 31 million by forfeiting his buyout. (And the 1 million per year for life if he retired here and did the ambassador role).

Cal’s Arkansas contract is through 29 and can be extended to 31 with a couple of NCAA tournament appearances but here it was a lifetime deal.

Saban left 77 million; Bennett 15; Bob Stoops 27. There are plenty of other examples too (Phil Jackson 20, K had
a lifetime contract for 9 million a year).

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT