ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

If Key and Brown are this team's leaders, we play exactly like our leaders. Some nice flash, I guess, but ultimately just a bunch of talk.
They mirror their unhinged, lunatic HC.

A perfct example is Stoops' challenge of the Pavia fumble. He first somehow managed to stop the game, and I can't understand why the ref even indulged him. Then he blew a timeout on a play that was already reviewed.

Stoops is an anxious, self-doubting loser. He has no business coaching a SEC team.

One of my first Kentucky football memories was sitting in a Daryl's with my dad watching UK play somebody (forgot who), and on 4th down late in the game with our team down a TD or maybe a little more, our QB ran out of bounds to stop the clock, but he was 5 yards short of the first down. That reminded me of Brock's last pass on 4th down last night. WTF was that?

Y’all better hope we do good enough to keep Stoops in the running for an open job at season’s end because they are not going to fire this man.

We’ll still get to 7 wins which is close to the floor here at this point.

I always liked you Creek, but with all due respect you need to delete your account and consider whether you should be allowed to live independently for this take.
Offensive stats are pretty similar so far. Scang did have Levis and CRod, but never both healthy and available. CRod missed the first 4 games and Levis got hurt in game 5 and was never the same.

I’m not defending Scangarello though. Just saying if our offensive output is going to be similar, might as well keep someone around to see if we can build something. Coen is the only guy that has been able to overcome Stoopsball and score some points.

Also:

Must be fake or AI
I Know Yes GIF by Pose FX

Reactions: jayroon
Ole Miss used a Lil Boosie song in their uniform reveal tweet for the LSU game. LSU plays the song during the game and it sounds like the entire crowd is singing along. Death Valley is a different place.

Reactions: jayroon
-2-7 since "Pony Up." Lol.

-Getting beat is tolerable. Beating yourself is maddening.

-Crowd was hype, stadium looked great, hot dog water product.

-I love Pitino being back. Hating him was the worst. We're talking the hero that introduced most of us to what Kentucky Basketball looked like as a powerhouse.

-Weekend was perfect otherwise. Weather was great. Excellent tailgate. Madness delivered.

-2:09 women's marathon yesterday. If you've been listening to Ol' Anth sounding the alarm on the amount of endurance records, not only falling, but getting flat destroyed. I can't wait to find out what they're doing. We're talking beating times of people that were on the real heavy shit.

-There were approx 847 kids at the tailgate. Very Lord of the Flies.

-2:09 women's marathon yesterday. If you've been listening to Ol' Anth sounding the alarm on the amount of endurance records, not only falling, but getting flat destroyed. I can't wait to find out what they're doing. We're talking beating times of people that were on the real heavy shit.
Isn't there something with the shoes now? I listened to a Malcom Gladwell thing about that.

Listening to Van Hiles this morning on Leach talking about how often we miss the deep man when he's there...it's wild to me how little we take a shot. Brock rarely even looks tbh...but iirc we've taken basically 2 in as many games. And deep balls don't have to be long-developing plays in the pocket, which we clearly struggle with.

1 was the game-winning play on 4th down vs Ole Miss. The other was from Wimsatt Saturday, which resulted in a PI/1st Down. If it's picked, it's still gonna be longer than our punts 98% of the time. We just have no threat to make a big play now that the return game has basically been eliminated.

I have zero issue with sticking to our "identity" & pounding/eating clock, as it's our best chance to win vs better teams...but you STILL have to make (I'd settle for attempt at this point) some big plays on occasion in any league, but especially this one.

Isn't there something with the shoes now? I listened to a Malcom Gladwell thing about that.
https://www.nytimes.com/athletic/5834953/2024/10/12/shoe-doping-marathon-times-kipchoge/

Was reading an article about it literally just this morning. It reminds me a lot of the “shark skin” swimsuits that saw records falling in droves several years back that are now banned.

The whole conversation is fascinating when equipment is concerned. PED’s are different, due to legality and availability (or lack thereof). With the equipment, the legality and availability (for the most part, depending on cost, economic status of the athlete, etc.) aren’t generally in play.

How does a governing body even go about making the decision whether or not something is “fair?” Where do you cross the line on something being obviously advantageous (extreme example, but motorized bikes in cycling have been suspected for years) and something like a carbon plate in a shoe?

Last edited:
Yeah. The carbon shoes help. Alpha FLy 3s. Ursch could go into that. The entire field is running in these shoes. However, those have been around a few years now. The girl that won yesterday, ran a 2:22 in 2021. She cut 13 minutes off her time. This also extends to other sports, cycling being the one I follow closest. They're besting the Armstrong Era heavy dopers by 20-30% in some cases. The tech, nutrition, and training hasn't improved enough to beat folks from 20 years ago that we know were doping, much less destroy them.

• Wow
Reactions: Mossip
Long developing plays only occur when you have a run attack, which we have, a short passing game, which we don't have, and blocking, which we don't have, which leads to stretching the field.

You could have a short passing game if you tried it, and not just bubble screens.

That last drive, again, when they had plenty of time left, they were throwing deep when they were giving us underneath because Vandy didn't expect/respect our short passing game. Frustrating.

Reactions: Col. Angus
That was the most 'welp." of games ever. What the actual shit? I had to watch in spurts at a dinner party, outnumbered by more Vandy fans to make matters worse... spent the second half of the evening sitting in silence, before finally going home and listening to a Phil Collins playlist in the dark and then playing The Drugs Dont Work' on repeat.

I usually message with my dad while hes in the stands during the game and then we'll catch up after or the following day- and those calls have been replaced with more of a text like "do you want to talk about it?" and a reply of "not really"

Kyle Tucker wouldve crushed a story around madness, Pitino/Pope, etc. its important to note that UL fans DO NOT CARE what Pitino does, they will make two dozen social media posts about it, but they are NOT interested and do not care- hes not even on their radar anymore.

My child is good 85% of the time but that 15% of the time which is typically bed time, shes been on a real heater of chaos lately. Add in potty training and there have been some real 'ok- damn" moments.

I have been really looking forward to the Auburn weekend for a long time and still am, but it has nothing to do with anything about the actual football game. Horses, foliage, see pals, etc...

Started watching the baseball playoffs when they began- but now couldnt tell you who is even still playing.

One of my first Kentucky football memories was sitting in a Daryl's with my dad watching UK play somebody (forgot who), and on 4th down late in the game with our team down a TD or maybe a little more, our QB ran out of bounds to stop the clock, but he was 5 yards short of the first down. That reminded me of Brock's last pass on 4th down last night. WTF was that?
Terry Wilson at aTm?

• Haha
Reactions: WayneDougan
Some of you trying to figure out Stoops cracks me up. You’re smart guys.

We’ve seen the same incompetent 💩 for 12 years. We are 2-10 in our last 12 SEC games at home. We are 17-15 in our last 32 games

We have an embarrassing amount of talent compared to anything we have ever had before the Stoops era. We used to play defense with zero NFL prospects. We buy plenty of players. We pay good $. Don’t let Vince totally fool you.

Of course, BBDK makes perfect sense. Because it’s correct. But Stoops isn’t that smart when it comes to in game coaching or hiring an OC. Any Corky can see that. He lost to Vandy TWICE in a row at home. That’s Bill Curry type 💩.

Pay him off and bring in a coach that will win immediately that WANTS to be here. The key is to actually want this job. Stoops looks at it like some of you do. That it’s this insurmountable mountain to climb. I want a coach who sees it as an opportunity to be climb that mf’r.

* Kudos to Jones for snagging that interview with Pitino. Thought the questions were fair and he didn't dwell on his time at Louisville too long; discussed more the feeling of arriving / leaving / coming back to Camelot, Pope, his players and the faithful.

And listening to that interview brought back memories of listening to Cawood and Pitino waxing poetically after each game. One of those things that helped lay the fandom foundation for those of us who cut our teeth and came of age with UK basketball in the 90's. Man can still communicate and connect with his audience better than most people who get paid to do so for a living.

* Don't care much for former players taking shots at the team but Kash is correct and evident even for a blind man to see - no leaders in the locker room, on the field and most importantly, running the program.

* Having said that, think we bounce back in the Swamp. Partly because I think there's something to us playing more inspired football on the road, partly because they're licking their wounds from an OT loss and looking ahead to the cocktail party.

* So in the matter of a month, SpaceX launched and caught a 250 ton rocket and brought home a couple astronauts NASA was incapable of recovering. Starlink is providing communications to western NC. Neuralink is in beta testing to help folks with paralysis and amputations regain movement, treat Parkinson's and Alzheimer's and improve visual function for partially blind individuals. iRobot butler drops. And then there's that electric car thingy.

Pretty incredible what all a private citizen's companies have been able to create.

* So in the matter of a month, SpaceX launched and caught a 250 ton rocket and brought home a couple astronauts NASA was incapable of recovering. Starlink is providing communications to western NC. Neuralink is in beta testing to help folks with paralysis and amputations regain movement, treat Parkinson's and Alzheimer's and improve visual function for partially blind individuals. iRobot butler drops. And then there's that electric car thingy.

Pretty incredible what all a private citizen's companies have been able to create.

Amazing what one can accomplish without a bunch of red tape bullshit and back room bargaining.

I will always have a special place for Rick, and I’m glad that he was welcomed so warmly, but if you don’t think that he has ulterior motives for wanting to be back in the good graces of the BBN then you are fooling yourself. He was the best spin-master in the game for a long time and that leopard ain’t changing his spots.

It took me 15 hours to drive home from gulf shores on Friday. I65 has always been bad, but it’s never been like this. Going to have to start taking 75 I guess. Will miss seeing Florala and Opp but I can’t do that drive again.

Nice week. My first time there. GS is smaller than I anticipated. Feels like what Destin probably was 30 years ago. One of my nephews attempted to murder my 3yo by drowning which resulted in an ER trip and lung X-rays, but other than that a fun week with the fam!

Mark stoops doesn’t want to be the head coach at the university of Kentucky. He actually interviewed and accepted the role at Texas A&M last season immediately following our win at Louisville. It’s just that A&M fans revolted and they had to rescind their offer. A lot of people forget that. I’m sure he’ll find a way to beat a below average Florida team and we’ll act like that’s a big deal, but F him. What’s our best win this year? Ole Miss? Have we considered they aren’t very good?

It makes me sad that Brian Kelly coaches LSU. He’s the opposite of the type of coach that just FITS a program. Coach O clearly had some issues but man he was perfect.

If Florida hires Sumrall we will have really screwed the pooch. I guess Mark didn’t have the same clause in his contract about flirting with other teams that cal did? Bc I was actually pretty excited when we thought he was gone. Dude just seems miserable and disinterested. BUT WHAT ABOUT THE BIG DAWWWG who f*cken cares man

Camera caught Big Dawg on his instagram account surfing during the Southern Miss game. He’s no sideline Bill Walsh…

It took me 15 hours to drive home from gulf shores on Friday. I65 has always been bad, but it’s never been like this.

I think Einstein developed the theory of relatively on a drive back from Destin to Kentucky. You drive slow as shit and time around you seems to stand still.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT