ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

-Jeans are honestly the only pant you can wear 4-5 days in a row and they get more comfortable as they are broken in. Not sure how anyone hates that but I have about 6 pairs and I guess I’m an old because they could all pair with a Tshirt or dress shirt/sweater and be fine.

-I’d assume Ohtani is safe for MVP, but Lindor is IMO the actual MVP by old school standards which are remove him from the team and where is that team.

-Getting past inspections is a bitch. Fall break is coming at the perfect time next as it’s time to start packing up.

-In the VP debate I couldn’t help but laugh at the idea of a home is not a commodity. FOH with that nonsense after the past 4-5 years of pricing games and interest rate hikes.

- Really enjoying this Saban as godfather of college football role he has going. His very real perspective is a thing the game day crew needed.

- Lowe’s is just an awfully ran company. I ordered all my appliances on Labor Day weekend and was told I’d have them all October 1.

Today I have a Dishwasher, but the fridge was delayed until 10/30 for no apparent reason and the cooktop came in broke apparently and was not reordered and is just lost but don’t worry they didn’t bother giving me credit back for it, and last the oven/microwave is in the store but can’t be found and I’ve now been waiting 2 days on a call to confirm it is in fact at the store.

- It seems private preschool options around me are all full so I may be forced to consider daycare. Anyone have something to look out for as red flags? I assume when you are a possible new client they all seem “ok”.

-I’d assume Ohtani is safe for MVP, but Lindor is IMO the actual MVP by old school standards which are remove him from the team and where is that team.

Please explain those standards, or any standard, that wouldn't have Ohtani as MVP. His overall year was one of the best ever in the modern era.

54 HR....led the league
130 RBI...led the league
.310....2nd by 4 points

He also led the league in OBP, OPS, SLG, runs and total bases. Throw in his 59 SB's which were 2nd by only 8.

LA won their division by 5 games. Take away Ohtani and they may not even be playing in the WC.

Every team has a player that sets the bar for stats, and will be hurting without them. However, that doesn't make them "MVP" of the league. Consider this a lesson and you're welcome.

- Happy for Tito. He did wonders with my Indians Guardians, and he'll do the same in Cincy.

- There has to be some scientific reason why watching a pulled HR is so much more aesthetically pleasing than watching an opposite-field HR, but it's true. It's also really difficult (for me, anyway) to gauge an opposite-field HR off the bat. That Alonso blast looked like a routine fly ball from the standard angle. What a moment.

- Tomorrow's MLB playoff slate comes at the perfect time, because the CFB slate is underwhelming. Of course, those "there aren't any good games today" days often end up being the most fun, so who knows? Maybe our sports will win.

- Pretty pumped about an opportunity I have next week. Through a chain of events, I'll be doing a guest spot for Greg Warren at The Caravan in Louisville on Thursday night. He's been an underrated comic for a long time, and is just now getting the attention he deserves from being on Nateland, etc. I'm not saying it'll lead to anything big if I do well, but I'm still pretty nervous about it. I'll probably blow it by wearing blue jeans like some kind of SIMPLETON.

- Really like the current roster of non-Costas, non-Buck MLB play-by-play guys. Sciambi, Benetti, and Anderson are all really good. I'll watch any game when they're on the mic.

- Pierogies.

Please explain those standards, or any standard, that wouldn't have Ohtani as MVP. His overall year was one of the best ever in the modern era.

54 HR....led the league
130 RBI...led the league
.310....2nd by 4 points

He also led the league in OBP, OPS, SLG, runs and total bases. Throw in his 59 SB's which were 2nd by only 8.

LA won their division by 5 games. Take away Ohtani and they may not even be playing in the WC.

Every team has a player that sets the bar for stats, and will be hurting without them. However, that doesn't make them "MVP" of the league. Consider this a lesson and you're welcome.

That’s great, now tell me his defensive stats?

That’s great, now tell me his defensive stats?

Well, he's a pitcher and only plays D once out of every five games, and since his arm was hurt this year, and couldn't throw, he decided to be a hitter only. See, there is this thing in MLB called the DH where players can just hit and not play the field, however, he won MVP last year and in 2021 by being a DH and a P, with great success on the mound, and finishing 2nd in 2022.

Pitchers can win gold gloves at their positions, as I am sure you know, however, you don't take defensive stats into consideration when a P is up for MVP, of which only 2 P only have won MVP since 1992.

So, Ohtani's defensive stats this year are irrelevant, especially considering he doesn't play a defensive position, and even if he did, they would be meaningless given his ridiculous offensive prowess this season.

That is lesson #2.

Let me help you....I have played baseball at a pretty high level, and was very, very good. I had former professional players as coaches throughout my baseball playing days. I know more about the game than anyone on here and would school you on any topic. My advice is to take my post and use it as your own....your friends will be impressed.

Thanks for playing.

Well, he's a pitcher and only plays D once out of every five games, and since his arm was hurt this year, and couldn't throw, he decided to be a hitter only. See, there is this thing in MLB called the DH where players can just hit and not play the field, however, he won MVP last year and in 2021 by being a DH and a P, with great success on the mound, and finishing 2nd in 2022.

Pitchers can win gold gloves at their positions, as I am sure you know, however, you don't take defensive stats into consideration when a P is up for MVP, of which only 2 P only have won MVP since 1992.

So, Ohtani's defensive stats this year are irrelevant, especially considering he doesn't play a defensive position, and even if he did, they would be meaningless given his ridiculous offensive prowess this season.

That is lesson #2.

Let me help you....I have played baseball at a pretty high level, and was very, very good. I had former professional players as coaches throughout my baseball playing days. I know more about the game than anyone on here and would school you on any topic. My advice is to take my post and use it as your own....your friends will be impressed.

Thanks for playing.
Hey UKO, that Ole Miss win was something else, right?

Big time UK football fans like us must be on cloud nine right now.

* I've rewatched the Banner Camp video about 3 times now. The teams are pretty interesting. I'm not sure if they were going 1s v 2s. If so, the Blue teams appeared to be the starting squad with Robinson, Brea, Amari, Carr, and (most interestingly) Kriisa. I've always assumed Butler will be our starting PG. The make a big deal at one point about Butler hitting a corner three so I'm not sure if the Blue squad was just a set to get the best shooters on the floor.

I wouldn't be mad if that was our starting lineup, even if it is unlikely that Kriisa starts over Lamont. Kriisa looks a lot bigger than I expected and I can't even imagine the carnage that Lamont GD Butler could do to a second string a la Cliff Hawkins coming off the bench in 2003.

* The chemistry on this squad looks through the roof. Haven't seen that at Kentucky basketball this damn decade.

Last edited:
Been lurking for years and enjoy the hell out of this thread. You guys message board better than the rest of the internet. Hell …in this thread’s heyday, I woulda paid a few bucks a month to subscribe.

That said, never understood the uko thing. Why engage? Go try to bite your own teeth or something. Like how do you all give a shit about that dude anymore?

For those keeping score at home:

- Ohtani is a DH so his defense is irrelevant (even though a pure DH has never won MVP)

- Pitchers play defense and can win gold gloves (even though Ohtani didn't pitch this year)

- He was so impressive offensively that nothing else matters (this is kind of true)

- Even if the above lack nuance, I played baseball at a high level so my appeal to authority supercedes your opinion on a subjective matter.

But, hey, let's ignore the fact that Krazy specifically said Lindor would win by "old school" standards which heavily implies the work he did with his glove in the field.

Don't know why I expected UKO to pickup on that though.

Reactions: krazykats
Been lurking for years and enjoy the hell out of this thread. You guys message board better than the rest of the internet. Hell …in this thread’s heyday, I woulda paid a few bucks a month to subscribe.

That said, never understood the uko thing. Why engage? Go try to bite your own teeth or something. Like how do you all give a shit about that dude anymore?

We get to have fun making a punching bag out of him (he rarely ever responds to actual rebuttals to his oral diarrhea) and, unlike his social media presence that barks into the void, he actually receives a response when he says some mongoloidian bullshit in here, which is often.

Translation:

I was the GOAT at licking the ball sweat from jock straps and can swallow a ball bat without gagging. That makes me an authority on baseball. ⚾️
-UKO

With preemptive apologies to all of the ignorers that don’t want to read his nonsense in here…I can’t help myself on this one.

“I have played baseball at a pretty high level, and was very, very good.”

Please clarify/define “pretty high level” and “very, very good.”

(Won’t even get into “being a former player means I know more about the game than anybody else around here” bullshit.) 😂🙄

Can you imagine bragging to message board foes about your sports knowledge because you played the game at a high level...

.....FORTY FIVE YEARS AGO?

Reactions: CSC81

That is lesson #2.

Thanks for playing.
Well if you was truly VERY, VERY good, you would have played baseball at THE highest level and not a "pretty high" level. Somebody is giving himself a little too much credit for how good he actually was. IF you played at a "pretty high level", there should be some stats to verify said accolades ?

- Obviously pumped for Francona. Always liked the guy.

- Pretty marginal slate of CFB games tomorrow. Maybe we’ll get some upsets.

- 😂 Wife gets up at 5:30 am every day to work out and just bought some Jack3d-esque product. Firs time she took it she said her skin was crawling and she was itchy all over. I had a nice little chuckle.

- Getting a little sick and tired of the media’s new obsession with exposing the dangers of drinking. Like F off, man.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT