ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

The johnnie-O 5 pockets have a tad of stretch. They feel like they’re made of firm material and hold up well, unlike other brands of 5 pocket pants I’ve purchased in the past for way less that might as well be thin as paper or completely made up of nylon or spandex.

But then again, who cares about personal appearance? Just roll out of bed, throw on whatever is comfortable and go about your day like the rest of our slob society does that is becoming way too prevalent.

Golf pants for work/play. Wrinkle free. Elastic for my fats.

Shorts, go-to is Champion brand coach's, never fails, two pockets, one for wallet and one for the Skoal.

I'm still pretty partial to Polo Chinos for casual dress pants. Carhartt canvas covers my daily needs, though the Duluth brand pants have been rising up my list fast.

The soon-to-be 15 YO rarely wears anything other than gym shorts, even on the coldest January day. Usually parlays that with some sort of ratty t-shirt or sweatshirt, and rounds it out with white tube socks and ugly-ass crocs to complete his "might be homeless" look.

That sounds an awful lot like my 80 year old dad. Maybe he is more hip than I thought. Talk about NFG, he doesn’t give one 💩. Same shirt for more than a day, sure. Hasn’t trimmed his beard or hair in weeks, doesn’t care. Gym shorts/sweats every day, doesn’t matter where we are going? You bet. Hell I’m lucky to get him to take a shower/bath more than twice a week.

Now that I think about it he is basically an 80 year old version of a 13yo AW.

I just rock prana pants almost everywhere unless a tie is legally required. They meet the bounds of professional attire and wear like pajamas. For jeans, I've got a couple pair from Origin and wife has yet to tell me they look bad so I guess they good and they are the most comfortable jeans I've worn.

I'd love to rock some golf slacks or other sort of "comfortable" pair of slacks off the rack, but it's difficult to find my size. 34 waist, 36 inseam for my disproportionate ass.

Vuori joggers for me 99% of the time unless I’m in workout clothes. Jeans are like a punishment and I don’t consider myself FAT (most days).

Reactions: wcc31
I mean some of you would be fine to go back to the days of rocking a 3-piece and a fedora to a ballgame.

I am perfectly fine with the casual era, and by gawd, couldn’t be more happy that my wife (and all your wives) wear yoga pants 99% of the time today.

Reactions: Col. Angus
:bat signal:

-i nabbed a couple cotton Johnnie o polos 15 years ago from my pro shop. They held up well.

-denim will never go out of style... more niche, not as popular amongst suburban types... but still "fashionable" amongst those that are into "style." Jeans will always be a true American icon. Still my go to for work/casual.

-nothing wrong with a bit of stretch... more for actual physical activities.

Jeans breakdown:

most comfortable with a good bit of stretch: Raleigh Denim Workshop. Gotta find em on sale... stupid expensive.

Old school style/construction: imogene + willie, RRL.

Budget conscious: LC King, Gustin.

Cool shit for nerds from Japan/Canada: Momotaro, Studuo d'artisan, Naked and Famous.

Reactions: Ron Mehico
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT