ADVERTISEMENT

Proposed injury rule

billoliver40

Senior
Dec 16, 2015
Trenton ky
I would suggest a player going down with injury that entails stopping the clock to either be required to sit out the rest of the possession or even the quarter. This would protect kids that actually are hurt and eliminate some of the benefit of clock stoppage.
Of course if you are Bama or Georgia you would simply be inserting another 5 star.

Reactions: satcheluk
I would suggest a player going down with injury that entails stopping the clock to either be required to sit out the rest of the possession or even the quarter. Thisa would protect kids that actually are hurt and eliminate some of the benefit of clock stoppage.
Of course if you are Bama or Georgia you would simply be inserting another 5 star.

Would you be ok with this rule if D. Walker caught a cramp 1st play of 4th quarter? Or your starting QB?

I dont care for players doing it, it artificially slows the game but I don't care for trying to run the play before both teams are ready either when the offense attempts to speed it up.

Excessive to me. Three plays about right I think. Long enough to potentially cost a 1D or a big play, but not game debilitating. Would cause a coach to think hard. For me, personal fouls are a much bigger offense & potential game impact.

I'm not sure I'd do the entire series. Say someone gets poked in the eye as an example, or gets the wind knocked out of them on the first or 2nd play of the drive. They are a star player and it turns into a 15 play, 7:38 drive like our first drive against Ole Miss. I think it's excessive.

Are people trying to make a rule for something that happens on less than 10% of injuries, so you're actually impacting real injuries much more than you're impacting fake injuries?

Have the play reviewed while the player is being evaluated. In many cases you can clearly see the injury occur and no penalty is administered. In other cases the direction to fake injury is flagrant and can be penalized. At least force the team to be discreet in their attempt to cheat.

IMO officials trying to determine if an injury is fake or not is too subjective, slows the game and holding a player out for an extended period with a real (albeit temporary) injury would cause even more issues. It’s getting ridiculous though. Players would just get better at taking them, not the completely obvious one by the Ole Miss player.

Maybe institute something where the league can review after the game. If they deem someone was faking it, fine the coach $25k per incident. The coach could always appeal, but it may be a thorn in their side they don’t want to take on.

If for example the Ole miss RB pops straight up all smiles after being fine and only falling at direction of his teammates should be a 15 yard unsportsmanlike penalty and ejection. If opponent sideline sees some shady stuff like that they can ask for a review of a "flop" injury.

That was painfully obviously bad. Even the announcers were making comments about it. We've have been guilty of it before and I wasn't a fan of it then either. I was always a believer in bad karma never would walk around with crutches or any of that because I was sure that karma would have me break my leg. As a person I couldn't fake a injury for the fear of karma being like welp he must want to be injured BAM!!! ACL

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT