ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Damn good "job" by Kane to place his head on top of thighs, landing on knees, and sell that without injuring him. Never watched wresting after about 87 but that was some very good work.

The reals know.....

Reactions: jayroon
I didn’t care about “The Sip” dunking on our UK basketball goal, but goddammit it pissed me off when that little f’ing kid was spraying that smoke machine everywhere after the touchdown.
The smoke machine was a fire extinguisher, and pretty sure the little f'ing kid is Lane's son.

Reactions: Col. Angus
This morning, Twitter reminded me about Lane Kiffin's quote after they beat us in 2020 "We've got to send a Christmas present to their kicker." 😘👌

Once when Brock got sacked, the camera cut to the absolute nerdiest, whitest, scrawny ginger in the stands, in a small Ole Miss polo and crooked wayfarers, who angrily screams that's right white boy! Would make for a real nice GIF.

Speaking of GIFs, Levis is on quite the run. Oof.

Fall weather is knockin' at the door.

I didn’t care about “The Sip” dunking on our UK basketball goal, but goddammit it pissed me off when that little f’ing kid was spraying that smoke machine everywhere after the touchdown.
Pretty sure it was their basketball goal, they just taped a UK logo on it. Not like they went to Lexington, stole a UK basketball goal, then hauled it all the way to Oxford. All though it would have made for better drama if that happened.

Having a career batting average over .300, given he has more at bats than anyone, and played 5 seasons beyond age 40, is outstanding.
One of the craziest stats from his career is he posted a .395 OBP in 1985 as a 44-year-old. On base 4/10 times he came to the plate for 24 years.

I think it’s clear that Rose was a great hitter. He also admitted to betting on his team and it’s also pretty clear that he had a thing for underage girls but let’s just sweep that under the rug. He agreed to the lifetime ban and that’s what it should be. There absolutely should be some sort of reference in the HOF to his achievement but that is it. He consistently poked at baseball through the years, showing up in Cooperstown to sign autographs on Induction Day to name one. Johnny Bench even said as much in a statement yesterday. In fact If he had played for anyone besides the Reds most of you wouldn’t be gargling his nuts.

Reactions: legalbeagle123
I think it’s clear that Rose was a great hitter. He also admitted to betting on his team and it’s also pretty clear that he had a thing for underage girls but let’s just sweep that under the rug. He agreed to the lifetime ban and that’s what it should be. There absolutely should be some sort of reference in the HOF to his achievement but that is it. He consistently poked at baseball through the years, showing up in Cooperstown to sign autographs on Induction Day to name one. Johnny Bench even said as much in a statement yesterday. In fact If he had played for anyone besides the Reds most of you wouldn’t be gargling his nuts.
Counter point: GGP

While this may all be true, be careful with trusting anything that comes out of Johnny Bench's mouth about Pete Rose. They despised each other and Bench's public comments over the years certainly didn't help his HOF case.

I don’t care if he had a thing for underage girls as far as the HOF goes. I also don’t care if he poked fun or in he did some things to personally benefit off their ridiculousness.

You can acknowledge him as a player and let him in.

It’s simple and I don’t care if he agreed and 10 days later the Commish passed and they had an agreement(maybe they didn’t).

I also don’t care he was a red or phillie. Much like I respect Jeter, Bonds, Pujols, Brett, Gwynn etc etc that were just hitters and Pete Rose was better than ALL of them so it doesn’t matter who he played for.

Last edited:
Reactions: Col. Angus
Not to revive the pizza discussion but twice a year I’ll get a Totinos party pizza (triple pepp) and treat it as the vehicle for trying out hot sauces/testing acid reflux tolerance.

Did it in college (2002-2006) and it always reminds me how much the hot sauce game has changed.

Valentina would probably be my favorite “everyday hot sauce that is widely available”.

Yellow Bird Serrano is solid and won’t completely rip your asshole asunder like the other spicier ones.

What’s good out there?

Not to revive the pizza discussion but twice a year I’ll get a Totinos party pizza (triple pepp) and treat it as the vehicle for trying out hot sauces/testing acid reflux tolerance.

Did it in college (2002-2006) and it always reminds me how much the hot sauce game has changed.

Valentina would probably be my favorite “everyday hot sauce that is widely available”.

Yellow Bird Serrano is solid and won’t completely rip your asshole asunder like the other spicier ones.

What’s good out there?
Valentina and Valentina Hot are two of my favorites, basically cholula at a fraction of the price. I'm a big fan of El yucatecca Verde too in the Mexican line of hot sauces.

For Cajun I rotate between Crystal, Louisiana Hot Sauce, and Cajun Power Hot. Sometimes I'll mix in some Tabasco too.

Just started my own fermented sauce this morning with some home grown habaneros, carrot, and garlic. Can't wait to try it in a few weeks.

-Rose, like many of the heros of the past, just wasn't a good dude. His on the field accomplishments were great but je just was a very flawed person. Completely understand those that can't separate the two. I probably side with him getting whst he deserved even though he was a legend.

-yellow bird makes a whole line of fantastic hot sauces.

-68 and rainy is Chad's favorite weather. Go to heck, loser.

-I dislike the fanbases in our conference with a misplaced sense of accomplishment. They act like they're up there with Bama or Georgia but haven't won a conference title in ages. Hell, mizzou has probably been to more SECCGs in the last 20 years than most of them. The big 3 with this disorder:

Ole Miss
USCar
State

I hate UT but for other reasons, granted they could be lumped in that group. Arkansas and to understand their place similar to UK fans.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT