ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

- Appreciate the dedication Waze but I don’t have to be made aware of every vehicle on the shoulder ahead.

- Minka Kelly is an all-timer. Some of you forgot.

- Was going to take my daughter to her first Reds game this afternoon but nope. 100+ heat.

- Pearl Jam at Wrigley tomorrow. 👀

- New season of Industry is outstanding. Best show on television.

- Friday 5:

865- Morgan Wallen
Irish Goodbye- Kacey Musgraves
28 - Zach Bryan
Cold as You - Luke Combs
Mint Tea - Johnny Blue Skies

- Pearl Jam 5:

Nothingman
Porch
Oceans
Corduroy
Faithful

Hope you didn't bet the single wide on that.
Nah, I am good. Single wide ? LOL, yeap, I live in a FN trailer.
That is why it is called gambling and not winning. But I am sure you have never lost a bet( it's GYERO). I deserve the beating for posting the pick as a "lock", I hainted myself. Account still looking pretty good, back to the drawing board for today. Going to sit around in my trailer with the windows open and try to find the winners for today. Ended up 2-3 on the night, down $130. May have to take out a secured loan on the single wide if I have days like that the next 3 days.

-Dang, love all of Tucker’s work/in-depth stories.

-Old mom here. Having a baby at 40 was harder than at 35, but I was like, yeah, I’m good. I’ve got this. What I didn’t calculate was having a 3 year old at 44. Man, three-nagers will test you and probably get away with a lot more shit having older parents. Puppies scent to your 48th/49th years, @wcc31!

-Dang, love all of Tucker’s work/in-depth stories.

-Old mom here. Having a baby at 40 was harder than at 35, but I was like, yeah, I’m good. I’ve got this. What I didn’t calculate was having a 3 year old at 44. Man, three-nagers will test you and probably get away with a lot more shit having older parents. Puppies scent to your 48th/49th years, @wcc31!

Good thing I spent my 20s/30s living a healthy lifestyle, drinking only moderately and following non-stress-inducing sports teams.

Kyle was solid. Like all sportswriters, he's probably pursuing his dream as a PR flack for the DNC. I kid. Somewhat.

The Athletic losing folks. I'm sure they are hemorrhaging money and most see the writing on the wall. Got their dollar a month deal. Was up this month, sign up for $7.99 a month. Nope. Ok how about $9.99 for the year? Ok. Good business model.

Cats by 10.

Reactions: Col. Angus
-About to be an old dad here again. We thought we were done (13 and 11) but low and behold here we are 16 weeks in on a complete suprise. I'll be 44 (wife 43) when #3 is born and in all honesty it's not sunk in. It doesn't feel real, we're afraid to get overly excited (previous complications), and at the same time its all I can think about. As a couple type A folks this is wild stuff.

The Failing New York Times (still gives me a chuckle every time I hear that in my head) bought The Athletic for $550 million.

I guess I don't know S*** about F*** when it comes to business, but in what world did that ever make sense? I guess I need to figure out this whole Wall Street/venture capital thing. Grow like crazy by giving your product away, raise a ton of cash from idiotic VC investors, then bail just before the entire thing explodes. I guess?

Reactions: Ron Mehico
- waking up this morning in Napa, staying at a lil place called Alila and our room overlooks the Barringer winery. Just breathtaking. We’re fortunate to travel a lot but my favorite places have been here and Sedona. Just something about crisp mornings and the mountains is energizing to me. Much prefer it to the beach.

-Flew into San Francisco then drove in. That city is a trip, shame it’s so currently crime ridden. Hope it makes a comeback. California is just so unique and beautiful.

-love west coast time. Up at 6 AM feeling refreshed.

-My father was 44 when he had me. Can’t recall him ever losing his shit and yelling at me etc. For me it was awesome having an older, mature dad. Was 40 when we had our 3rd and don’t think Ive been as patient as he was.

-Off to go biking then get blackout wine hammered and eat pretentious food. Looking forward to see how much money my wife wastes signing us up to be wine members when she’s drunk

Last edited:
-About to be an old dad here again. We thought we were done (13 and 11) but low and behold here we are 16 weeks in on a complete suprise. I'll be 44 (wife 43) when #3 is born and in all honesty it's not sunk in. It doesn't feel real, we're afraid to get overly excited (previous complications), and at the same time its all I can think about. As a couple type A folks this is wild stuff.
I have this reoccurring nightmare. I'm fixed and still have it. It's overtaken missing a final my senior year as the most anxious dream for me.

But seriously, good luck....

This weekend 27 years ago was my freshman year at Charleston. I can still remember that Friday going into Labor Day weekend.

We just a had bitchin party the night before after found out who are big brothers were. Finished up class early that Friday (didn’t have any classes past noon) like any smart person would and headed to the fraternity house for daily cleaning duties. Finished up cleaning and then the rest of the disphsits and I were just hanging out, shooting pool, drinking cheap domestos, and ripping heaters. Windows were open, tales were being told and the tunes from the stereo poured into the front porch on Wentworth St right near King. Life was good.

4 actives then come barrelling down the stairs and basically throw me into their buddy’s old Suburban. A surprise to me we were headed to see Widespread play at Joe Riley Stadium, the Single A stadium overlooking the Ashley River. I was told they decided to take me because I had a good fake and could run to get them beer during the concert. Fair enough. This lasted for the first 40 minutes or so of the concert then I just enjoyed myself. I remember my big brother firing up a joint and I sat there stoned out of mind, draft domesto in hand as it started to sprinkle and Michael Houser (lead guitarist for Widepread) started to shred for what seemed like an hour. There were some smoky blondes standing in front of us who wanted to smoke. I remember thinking to myself at that exact moment that the next 4 years were going to be absolutely incredible. What a time.

This weekend 27 years ago was my freshman year at Charleston. I can still remember that Friday going into Labor Day weekend.

We just a had bitchin party the night before after found out who are big brothers were. Finished up class early that Friday (didn’t have any classes past noon) like any smart person would and headed to the fraternity house for daily cleaning duties. Finished up cleaning and then the rest of the disphsits and I were just hanging out, shooting pool, drinking cheap domestos, and ripping heaters. Windows were open, tales were being told and the tunes from the stereo poured into the front porch on Wentworth St right near King. Life was good.

4 actives then come barrelling down the stairs and basically throw me into their buddy’s old Suburban. A surprise to me we were headed to see Widespread play at Joe Riley Stadium, the Single A stadium overlooking the Ashley River. I was told they decided to take me because I had a good fake and could run to get them beer during the concert. Fair enough. This lasted for the first 40 minutes or so of the concert then I just enjoyed myself. I remember my big brother firing up a joint and I sat there stoned out of mind, draft domesto in hand as it started to sprinkle and Michael Houser (lead guitarist for Widepread) started to shred for what seemed like an hour. There were some smoky blondes standing in front of us who wanted to smoke. I remember thinking to myself at that exact moment that the next 4 years were going to be absolutely incredible. What a time.
Lived at 124 Wentworth for a hot minute before buying a place near Colonial Lake. Great lil street.

Reactions: IsRichieGonnaStart
- Vegas with an early trap line, got em! It was just catsfag either as the line moved form 8.5 to 10.5, but I still couldn’t bet NDSU and enjoyed watching with nothing on the line.

- Early in the year watch the hooks around a football score. A -2.5, 6.5, 9.5 or 13.5 are always a giveaway to me to take the points.

That is only helpful until Vegas gets betting patterns so about week 3-4.

- Got our first offer on the house. Not my first rodeo but I swear I don’t ever remember being on pins and needles at every phase of the selling process.

We countered and the wait is irritating AF.

Not like I don’t have 1000 distractions, but apparently they aren’t distracting enough.

- Insurance is such a racket. Niece was at the vision place yesterday as she can barely see. Well she had passport as apart of the transition from her mom to us, but that was cancelled when we started the year with her in our custody.

So I’m faced with an $800 set of glasses and contacts or fight to get her on our family insurance plans.

Luckily with the new job switch my benefits was understanding and there is no cost increase because we already hit the family plan max most expensive option anyway.

- Cabinets, granite, flooring, drywall punch, paint, final plumb and electric all trying to hit at the same time on the new house.

I want to build a few specs which is a goal for me but this phase is making think a visit to a gun range is the only way through.

- Seeing all the final plans for gift shop/barrel house building and figuring out what vendors to use for this project is maddening. So much was changed and because I outsourced it to “avoid headaches” now I realize Bullitt County planning and zoning is useless and ignorant.

Oh well thankful we are approved after 8 months of back and forth.

- Finally football!!!

I have this reoccurring nightmare. I'm fixed and still have it.
About once a year my wife gets anxious/stressed and insists she needs to take a pregnancy test.

I play it off like there's nothing to worry about and it's impossible but those couple minutes she's waiting on the result 😬

Reactions: anthonys735
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT