ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Yeah he won a lot of individual awards, was a good player, tough as nails. I get it. I liked the kid just fine but if he was as good as everyone says then he should have been better than a 2nd round exit to Indiana.

I’m not about to go all UKO/EDC level on this but it’s my unpopular opinion and I’m sticking to it.
Blaming Tyler for a second round exit as opposed to the person who is ultimately accountable, his coach, is very ENG of you.

Terrible take, August-Brad

Monday's were the big party night at O'Chucks on Nich Rd, that place would turn into a club basically.

If you barfed in there between 1999 and 2002 there is a good chance PTI cleaned it up for you. I remember a lady's water breaking one night up by the hostess stand and he was on the spot with his mop and bucket in the blink of an eye.
Had a former roommate, one in which we booted off our island after about 8 weeks cause he was a degenerate, worked at that exact one around 99-00. He was disgusting. Talked about the nasty shit that went on there. That place should have shut down if he was telling half truths.

Same dude joined the national guard that yr. Did his boot camp, first couple of 2 week cycles and every other weekend. So we thought. He collected his signing bonus and started buying shit. One Sunday morning, his weekend to be gone, a sheriff and a military officer banged on our door. Our apt was loaded with empty beer cans and liquor bottles, weed blunt and joint roaches lying around. Empty baggies. A mess. They didn't ask, handed over a paper and said they were looking for him. Searched our apt while we stood there frightened.

Told us they were looking for heath, said he hadn't shown back since he got his bonus. I've never seen him again.

• Haha
Reactions: 80 Proof
We really needed Dakari to come back for that 2016 team.
Dakari was a part of a long line of departures that left at least partially due to being recruited over or at least had someone coming in the next year to compete for minutes with them. That helped lead to a laundry list of players either leaving too early for the draft or transferring.

One of Cal's primary issues here was obviously roster continuity; this was exacerbated by his first year having the 4 one and dones that he got too caught up in trying to replicate or outdo that. If he could've had the players ranked 1-5 in a particular class and they were all one and dones he would've taken despite who that might have run off with his "talent over experience" mindset.

Here are some examples:
Dakari-Skal, Goodwin-Harrisons/Young, Wiltjer-Randle, Oscar-Bradshaw, Orton-Noel, Lee-Bam, Humphries-PJ/Vando/Richards, Mathews-Monk/Briscoe, Juzang-Boston/Clarke, Allen-TyTy/Frederick/Sharpe, Collins-Ugo/Adou, TyTy-Wallace

Not saying the RayGun story isn’t real as I have no idea. But the fact that MANY people have run with it (including in this thread) without have any notion of what that Twitter account is or its origin is sort of symbolic of todays news landscape

I actually saw her qualifying round video and she was better than the other person…which is sad

What was the place on Richmond Rd where Chick-fil-a is now that had free tacos on Monday night and consequently only stayed open for about 3 months?
Rio Bravo.

I think The Menus played a parking lot concert there one night?

O'Charley's had a vaguely aged woman (30-55?) as their bartender who seemed like she was living her best life serving under-aged college kids with obvious fake ID's. She had some stories, y'all. Loved talking about her days as a lifeguard or whatever. Sweet gal.

Reactions: AIChatGPT
Had a former roommate, one in which we booted off our island after about 8 weeks cause he was a degenerate, worked at that exact one around 99-00. He was disgusting. Talked about the nasty shit that went on there. That place should have shut down if he was telling half truths.

Same dude joined the national guard that yr. Did his boot camp, first couple of 2 week cycles and every other weekend. So we thought. He collected his signing bonus and started buying shit. One Sunday morning, his weekend to be gone, a sheriff and a military officer banged on our door. Our apt was loaded with empty beer cans and liquor bottles, weed blunt and joint roaches lying around. Empty baggies. A mess. They didn't ask, handed over a paper and said they were looking for him. Searched our apt while we stood there frightened.

Told us they were looking for heath, said he hadn't shown back since he got his bonus. I've never seen him again.

Roommates name, please?

Hunter Greene snuck up on us and became an ace this year. Wow just wow.

9-4 with a 2.83 era looks pretty good right now.
I'm sure there's more to it than this, but he became a much better pitcher when he stopped trying to hit 102+ with his heater every time he threw it. He's typically around 98-99 now, and much better command, lower pitch counts, going deeper into games.

Ulis balled that IU game.

Murray, otoh.
Ulis kept us in the game on offense, but man, it would've been nice if he used those DPOY abilities to slow Yogi down.

God, I hate Indiana.

But Ulis is still one of my all-time favs. That team was fun as hell when both he and Murray were on. Somebody nailed it earlier when they said Dakari was the missing piece.

Reactions: Kooky Kats
Ulis kept us in the game on offense, but man, it would've been nice if he used those DPOY abilities to slow Yogi down.
Ulis had 27 that day, IIRC. They lost because it was a random 1/10 day (or whatever) for Murray from 3, and they had no inside presence whatsoever. The mid big kid for IU had his way with Skal/Poythress.

Randoms:

Sitting with my 11 yo at the town pool swim club waiting for the cleaning people to leave the house. With wife in Lex, moving in big boy into an apartment, I got the marching orders that I had to ’strapighten’ the house up, check toilets for shrapnel, buy Fabuloso & paper towels and make beds…. WTF is the point?

Wife’s brother is still living in Hurstbourne house of deceased parents. He is the executor of will… need to punt his fat ass to curb. Disaster watching the house fall quickly into disrepair. He got the lion’s share of the estate, including an apartment building in St Matthew’s as wife’s chunk (the house) is being squatted in.

August weather with no humidity…interesting.

Big boy got a job at a UK campus research lab doing drug research for amyloidosis treatment. Kid is a complete nerd. He loves it tho.

Bar room remediation is done-done. Carpet installed, chair replaced, fresh coat of paint. Ready for football szn.

Fortaleza tequila is delish.

Still need a RR15.

Officially on the books for a significant tattoo in November. All day affair apparently. Mid life crisis and whatnot.

Beer and Oysters. Clams and tequila. Heirloom tomatoes. Summer rules.

It cost me $2500 but I had an executor removed for mismanagement of assets that were to be distributed.

It was an obvious situation, sounds similar to yours, and the judge removed his ass immediately.

• Love
The reason we lost that game other than Murray somehow coincidentally becoming a terrible shooter under Cal in March like Booker, Herro, and countless other NBA stars was that giant gash Derek Willis who was one of my least favorite players here. From playing like a giant gash against UNC in the subsequent year, leisure suit Larry Vaughts weird interviews with his girlfriend, him laying drunk in the side of a road in the offseason, his stupid ankle. Pretty much everything.

Not saying the RayGun story isn’t real as I have no idea. But the fact that MANY people have run with it (including in this thread) without have any notion of what that Twitter account is or its origin is sort of symbolic of todays news landscape

I actually saw her qualifying round video and she was better than the other person…which is sad
You don't think there was a more qualified breaker in Australia than her chubby, stiff ass?

She rigged the qualifiers like it was a Democrat Party primary.

I've heard rumors since Saturday that Marques Cox got injured in the scrimmage. He's nowhere to be seen in these pics either

• Sad
You don't think there was a more qualified breaker in Australia than her chubby, stiff ass?

She rigged the qualifiers like it was a Democrat Party primary.
I have no idea. I am not an Australian breaking expert as you may be

I do think the way people see a random tweet from an anonymous account citing an alleged petition that itself isn’t proving anything and then go so far as to assume it’s truth is indicative of how social media has changed what people do and don’t believe

But she was a terrible dancer and I do hope the story continues bc it was hilarious

I have no idea. I am not an Australian breaking expert as you may be
Never claimed to be any sort of expert on breaking. Didn't know that was a requirement to post an opinion on a message board.

However I watched enough of those competitions to see that she was severely out of place on that stage with every other contestant. The comedy of her looking like a buffoon made it worth it, finding out she was a self-important academic only added to the ridiculousness of it all.

I originally saw the news this morning from a different source too.

Roommates name, please?
I put his first name in the original post. He was taller than me and pretty skinny. Seemed like a fun dude at first but turned out to be awful. Also set his own car on fire in a parking lot behind the apt complex.

And we we were a wild group but this dude took being wild college kids to actual criminal activity. He had to go.

I'll give his last name in message if ya want. I don't want to put all that out here. But it wouldn't matter anyway.

We lived down on s. upper st at the time

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT