ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

My unpopular opinion is that Tyler Ulis is overrated. If he weren’t 5-8 he would have been just another in a long line of forgettable players that have come through here. Damn that felt good to get off my chest.

Me, taking the flag on this one, after your take got shot down by GYERO.

MV5BY2UwYzU2ZDMtNDZmNi00ZWM3LThmN2QtMmNmMWYwZTQ3MmMwXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjk3NTUyOTc@._V1_.jpg

We're from Kentucky and we like it that way...
Everybody knows everybody... (cat roar)
Everybody calls you friend ... (cat roar twice)...

Amazing... and awful.
Strangely, I love that song. Of course it's also after I've been drinking the better part of a bottle of bourbon at the tailgate before the game, but when it kicks in, I'm in full karaoke mode.

Consensus 1st team AA
Shortest player to ever win Cousy Award
SEC POY (Coaches & AP)
SEC DPOY (only other player in SEC history to win POY + DPOY is AD)
SECT MVP
Single Season UK Assist Record
Averaged 25 & 8 vs ranked opponents

...Blame the rest of the roster & HC for that team's failures. Ulis was the ULTIMATE PG & floor general. And he was a helluva freshman, who came up huge in many games, including the ND game we should have lost in '15. Good grief.

Consensus 1st team AA
Shortest player to ever win Cousy Award
SEC POY (Coaches & AP)
SEC DPOY (only other player in SEC history to win POY + DPOY is AD)
SECT MVP
Single Season UK Assist Record
Averaged 25 & 8 vs ranked opponents

...Blame the rest of the roster & HC for that team's failures. Ulis was the ULTIMATE PG & floor general. And he was a helluva freshman, who came up huge in many games, including the ND game we should have lost in '15. Good grief.

Yeah he won a lot of individual awards, was a good player, tough as nails. I get it. I liked the kid just fine but if he was as good as everyone says then he should have been better than a 2nd round exit to Indiana.

I’m not about to go all UKO/EDC level on this but it’s my unpopular opinion and I’m sticking to it.

• Haha
Reactions: jayroon
You want Grove St to be done away with? Boooooo.

It's the one organic/unique 'fun' thing we have, and it's hype AF at appropriate times. Can't wait for the first tight 3Q when that comes on with the new light show. Trust I'll be bouncing around
It's fine. Just saying like 4 people in the building know more than 3 words of the song and it's pretty impossible to sync up. Not to mention, the impending kick return is always for like 50-60 yards.

Anthony Davis is overrated. He only played ONE year.

Signed,

american-pickers

Giving a man’s wife a foot massage and sticking your tongue in the holiest of holes ain’t the same damn ballpark. Neither is that comparison.

I also stick by my American Pickers take. That Knox team sucked.

I won’t stand with August on the take, but after two years for Andrew Harrison I will say I probably appreciated Ulis’s time as THE point guard more.

Hell he should have started over Andrew in 2015, and he damn sure should have been the “closer” PG on that team.

Reactions: Col. Angus
I remember puking in the O'Charley's bathroom on a random winter's night my freshman year. Walked back out to my table and continued to slam the $1 beers. Great times!

I mean, I'm glad this page isn't full of FCS bullshit but did we really need to drag Ulis' name through the mud to get here?

Aside from playing nearly immaculate ball the entire time he was here, he also possessed a mentality that nearly everyone of our teams missed desperately. There's dudes that got that dog in em and there's Tyler Ulis, who was truly a dawg.

Easily top 3 player in the Cal era for me.

Monday's were the big party night at O'Chucks on Nich Rd, that place would turn into a club basically.

If you barfed in there between 1999 and 2002 there is a good chance PTI cleaned it up for you. I remember a lady's water breaking one night up by the hostess stand and he was on the spot with his mop and bucket in the blink of an eye.

Monday's were the big party night at O'Chucks on Nich Rd, that place would turn into a club basically.

If you barfed in there between 1999 and 2002 there is a good chance PTI cleaned it up for you. I remember a lady's water breaking one night up by the hostess stand and he was on the spot with his mop and bucket in the blink of an eye.

Yup.

Larry (the manager) said:

“get the mop bucket and clean up the bar and don’t ask any questions.”

• Haha
Reactions: 80 Proof
Isn't Cotton Eye Joe an old slave song about a guy with white eyes due to syphilis?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT