ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

duty_calls.png

I do appreciate the fact that this is UKO's musical hero:

During a 2017 show in Perth, Australia, Springsteen made a statement celebrating the post-inauguration Women's March against the incoming Trump administration in cities worldwide: "We're a long way from home, and our hearts and spirits are with the hundreds of thousands of women and men that marched yesterday in every city in America, and in Melbourne ... [They] rallied against hate and division and in support of tolerance, inclusion, reproductive rights, civil rights, racial justice, LGBTQ rights, the environment, wage equality, gender equality, healthcare, and immigrant rights. We stand with you. We are the new American resistance."

The issues with UKO’s stupid argument is that this year is an unusually terrible hitting season.

Of the 300 starting hitters only 20 are hitting .290+ which is not a good sign for top end hitting, but the even bigger stat is team averages which San Diego is #1 at a mere .265 and 2/3’s of the league is below a .250 average.

So individually Elly hitting .266 in a down year is doing better than every team in baseball and is 36 points higher than his team average.

Just some real stats for this season to base the biggest loser in baseball on.

Controversial take:

“You’ll Never Leave Harlan Alive” and MOKH are inappropriate tunes in trying to hype up 60,000 football fans. This is akin to listening to 2 funeral dirges, then - “GO CATS!”

Play MOKH at the end of the game… fine. Ditch the depressing, yet haunting Patty Loveless anthem of soul-crushing dispair. More apropos for Joker-era football IMO.

Reactions: warrior_SW
-Major plot twist in the Raygun saga. She "allegedly" rigged the Olympic selection process from breaking. I'll keep you updated as the situation unfolds.

-Sandler on JRE. Love that dude. Seems like one of the few genuine dudes on there in hw.

-August weather sucks. Lolosers.

-I'm just thrilled the most popular player in the league, for the youngsters, is on the Reds. Been ages since they were cool. All I know is, Elly looks like he's the most advanced player in a little league game when he puts the ball in play.

-Optimistic about the gridiron Kayts but, man, that schedule is brutal. 8 wins would be a helluva result.

-Off the top of my head I'm not sure I could name more than 7-8 of our current basketball players. However, I 'm excited about the season. Probably as pumped as I've been in 5-6 years.

-Back to school. Love the schedule being normal again HATE the traffic. GooooLawd this morning was a mess.

-Been researching bird feeder/house cameras. Updates coming.

I loved the Harlan intro the first time I heard it (UT game last year). Got chills. It's a haunting 10 second call-to-arms, so I'm not expecting it to get 60,000 people doing the griddy. It achieves its purpose. If it's going to become a thing, though, they'll need to incorporate the lights, transition into something more hype, etc. That link someone posted on HOB was pretty weak, IMO.

Also, I love Grove Street, but not sure how many more years it has left. Love that we've had an organic tradition like that though. Ride it out.

This kind of thing is tougher to do than most people think.

-Major plot twist in the Raygun saga. She "allegedly" rigged the Olympic selection process from breaking. I'll keep you updated as the situation unfolds.

-Sandler on JRE. Love that dude. Seems like one of the few genuine dudes on there in hw.

-August weather sucks. Lolosers.

-I'm just thrilled the most popular player in the league, for the youngsters, is on the Reds. Been ages since they were cool. All I know is, Elly looks like he's the most advanced player in a little league game when he puts the ball in play.

-Optimistic about the gridiron Kayts but, man, that schedule is brutal. 8 wins would be a helluva result.

-Off the top of my head I'm not sure I could name more than 7-8 of our current basketball players. However, I 'm excited about the season. Probably as pumped as I've been in 5-6 years.

-Back to school. Love the schedule being normal again HATE the traffic. GooooLawd this morning was a mess.

-Been researching bird feeder/house cameras. Updates coming.
TDP-L-Hummviewer-01.jpg
This is the official bird feeder of GYERO. The wearable hummingbird feeder. Accept no substitutes.

Reactions: Kooky Kats
MOKH should always be played early. Shows the passion and love for the state.

Sandler, like Clint Eastwood, putting all his friends to work through the years is admirable. Read somewhere that when Eastwood filmed Unforgiven in Canada and subject to hiring Canadian crew, he was able to use 30 of his crew because they exempted anyone who worked on 5 or more films of his.

Anyone have any takes on BVG? Anyone see him make all the throws, sharp, crisp ?

There is a lady who operates the U-scan section at the Brannon Kroger who continues to wear a face shield to this day. I almost respect it at this point.

Reactions: jayroon
Controversial take:

“You’ll Never Leave Harlan Alive” and MOKH are inappropriate tunes in trying to hype up 60,000 football fans. This is akin to listening to 2 funeral dirges, then - “GO CATS!”

Play MOKH at the end of the game… fine. Ditch the depressing, yet haunting Patty Loveless anthem of soul-crushing dispair. More apropos for Joker-era football IMO.
Patty Loveless covered it. That song has been around for nearly 3 decades, she first recorded it a couple of years ago.

Grove St ship has sailed and we're beating that horse to death.

You want Grove St to be done away with? Boooooo.

It's the one organic/unique 'fun' thing we have, and it's hype AF at appropriate times. Can't wait for the first tight 3Q when that comes on with the new light show. Trust I'll be bouncing around

Never understood the hate some have for MOKH before the game for not "firing up fans." Don't think the national anthem does either but I would still want it played. It's our state anthem and elicits pride just like the national anthem. It's not like they can't use the entire rest of the time for pump up music. Grief/geese feeder. Finally, reference the '07 LSU game...

Grove St is a bit tired now but it can't be replaced until something organically eclipses it so until then, it's a party.

My unpopular opinion is that Tyler Ulis is overrated. If he weren’t 5-8 he would have been just another in a long line of forgettable players that have come through here. Damn that felt good to get off my chest.

He was a Point God, imho. I can't even imagine how superlative his career would have been had he played all 4 years for Big Blue.

The only teams I remember, without sitting down and thinking too hard, are Wall/Cousins/Bledsoe, 2012 Legends, and the historical 2015 collapse.

Of course all the Bruce Weber shits, Bruce Pearl….the embarrassing early exists, but I can’t tell who exactly who was on our teams. I just know it was probably some embarrassing combo that involved players like BJ Boston, Kevin Knox, El Dragon, some really skinny 4 man who didn’t amount to shit ala Wenyen Gabriel, etc etc. Just a ton of very forgettable bullshit characters.

Tyler Ullis ain’t that at all, and had the heart of a lion. I still don’t remember what he accomplished. Elite 8? Hopefully.

*checks notes*

SECOND ROUND EXIT TO INDIANA

Welp, there ya go. Good effort, John. Sorry, Tyler. That wasn’t your fault per se, but it is your team.

*more notes*

Yep, that year was probabaly my last. Preseason odds favorites. Two legit KY boys, one of which was white. A Canadian assassin. Skal lmao. Shit. The. Bed.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT