ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Unsurprisingly that not true. It’s more like 14th in gold and 16 total when you don’t count basketball as 3 separate golds.

Is there any truth to the old legend that when Coach Rupp coached the US Olympic team - the Soviet team / agents / scouts -- stole his playbook?

I really hope it's true. - and not JUST because i mindlessly repeated said rumor to about 150 ppl over a few years

It just makes sense -

For all I know Coach Rupp probably didn't even HAVE a playbook with him?

Seems like that wouldn't be a thing - ?
Basketball is a lot simpler than football when it comes to formations plays and sets

Cricket looks like a sport that drinking buddies made up with whatever items they could find behind their barns and farms -

And curling still amazes me that ppl -- watch it and "do it" --->> that was DEFINITELY something that ppl who were snowed in and suffering fm cabin fever invented

I have a %#%^!!*% yellow jacket nest in my backyard - I HATE those little guys...and they're a genuine phobia

Would everyone pretty much agree that you pour gasoline down the hole in the ground under a cover pr darkness -- that's progress the best approach right?

Freaking eh, CatsFans - you can call me crazy or cuss my name pr whatever - I DONT CARE - i 100% believe our biggest chance for a football upset this year is :

At Texas, Mo-Fo's!

F-them -- can't BELIEVE they are moving into the conference

Daughter starting her junior year at UK next week - moved her into an apartment down near Rupp - closer to Goodfellas though -- I should probably remember the streets

Yall know about the Good Sam hospital wing with the mental patients - and how they get released and go score "The Drugs" and use their pict (sp?) line as the means of administration?

Lady at work said you can apparently get "any drug you want" --- at or near that Caseys convenience store across fm B Chandler

That Shit cant be real -

Anywho ...My future son in law is here ...I should go and think of fatherly stances to take and wise things to pass along

Weather is starting to tease us isn't it?

hope we're done with the hell-and-a-half temps now anyway

It’s extremely impressive that’s why there’s no reason to juice the stats making people question it.
You are exactly zero fun

I was going on the fly on a national radio show. Shit happens. It’s still a fairly amazing accomplishment

But thank you for fact checking me in real time. Everyone loves those people

You are exactly zero fun

I was going on the fly on a national radio show. Shit happens. It’s still a fairly amazing accomplishment

But thank you for fact checking me in real time. Everyone loves those people

It’s Almost like what you did to the kid this morning with the word “contributed”. Guess that was different

I don't think the US played the Soviets at the 1948 Olympics so I don't know that Rupp had a playbook stolen . I'm not sure Rupp was considered the head coach either. One of the UK books I read years ago said the team was made up of two teams the Fabulous Five and the AAU barnstorming Phillips 66 Oilers who had beaten UK at the Olympic Trials. The details are a little hazy but I think basically one would play one half and switch to the other team for the other half during the Olympics. In the gold medal game, the Oilers played the first half against France and the US was clinging to like a 19-15 or 20-15 halftime lead. The Cats came in for the second half and beat the living $hit out of France to a final score of 65-21 and the gold medal.

Matt, buddy I don’t listen to your Sunday morning show. I just saw the same tweet last night by Wildcat Penis Tongue or someone like that and thought “that’s sounds off” so I looked up.

Reactions: ThroughBlue
The book I read said the University of Kentucky's Fabulous Five won the 1948 Olympic Gold Medal in basketball, and that's the only book worth reading.

Reactions: Col. Angus
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT