ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

“This is a race between Alabama and North Carolina. At this point, I would classify Kentucky, although they are the hometown team, I would classify them as a distant third behind Alabama and North Carolina.”

- Travis Branham on Jasper Johnson

Oof. I can’t imagine Johnson going anywhere else with his lineage and as much as he’s been around the program so I’m holding out hope. But if Pope misses on this one it does raise early concerns. We don’t need a lot of big recruits but we do need 1 or 2, especially if they’re in our backyard.
I always thought the Kentucky kids who ended up Tarheel fans were douchebags. JMHO.

“This is a race between Alabama and North Carolina. At this point, I would classify Kentucky, although they are the hometown team, I would classify them as a distant third behind Alabama and North Carolina.”

- Travis Branham on Jasper Johnson

Oof. I can’t imagine Johnson going anywhere else with his lineage and as much as he’s been around the program so I’m holding out hope. But if Pope misses on this one it does raise early concerns. We don’t need a lot of big recruits but we do need 1 or 2, especially if they’re in our backyard.
If I understand the dynamics correctly, Pope had basically no relationship with JJ and he was already a Bama lean even when Cal was here. Not going to worry about this one if he signs elsewhere.

Jasper is top10-15 ranked, right? I don’t really follow recruiting anymore but is he considered elite? Like some of our freshman guards of the past elite? Truly diff maker elite?

Jasper's dad and uncle played at UK (and his grandfather was in the AD here). His family is constantly in UK gear on social media.

If he goes elsewhere, it will be weird at the very least.

Reactions: wcc31
HEY EVERYBODY. WE ALL KNOW SCHOOL STARTS NEXT WEEK. DESPITE MOTHER NATURE TELLING US WE HAVE ANOTHER 6 WEEKS OF SUMMER WEATHER WITH AVERAGE TEMPS RANGING FROM 86-94 DEGREES WITH SOUP LIKE HUMIDITY AND LONG DAYS SO YOUR KID CAN ENJOY THE POOL, LAKE OR THE BEACH LET’S GET STARTED. YOU SHOULD BE EXCITED!

STARTING THIS EARLY ALLOWS US TO HAVE A WEEK LONG FALL BREAK 1, A SHORTENED 3 DAY FALL BREAK 2, THE ENTIRE THANKSGIVING WEEK OFF PLUS 1/2 DAY THE FRIDAY BEFORE THANKSGIVING, A FULL WINTER BREAK ONLY 14 DAYS AFTER RETURNING FROM CHRISTMAS BREAK AND MULTIPLE IN SERVICE DAYS SO YOU CAN SCRAMBLE FOR CHILD CARE.

ALSO, PLEASE REMEMBER TO DOWNLOAD THE FOLLOWING APPS TO MAKE CERTAIN YOU CAN STAY CURRENT WITH ALL THINGS. SOME REQUIRE THEIR OWN DUAL AUTHENTICATOR ID TOKEN.. HOMEWORX VERSION 5.6 FOR MOBILE ASSIGNMENTS, GAMEINIZOR+ FOR SPORTS PRACTICE SCHEDULES/TEAM PARENT ASSIGNMENTS, SNAXX (YOU MUST ORDER YOUR KID SNACK NO LATER THAN 5:00AM CUTOFF. NO EXCEPTIONS). THERE WILL BE MORE. STAY ON ALERT FOR EMAILS.

WELCOME BACK!
[roll]

Perfection....

He's a lifelong Kentuckian and his father chose Kentucky FOOTBALL over Notre Dame and Florida. Previous coaches relationships and current coaches time on the job should be completely irrelevant.

AND he's considering UNC and a major SEC rival. Spin it any way you want. That sucks.

- Losing Johnson(if it happens) will sting, but Pope is up against Bama, who was his first D-1 offer (not just first high-major offer, but first D-1 offer PERIOD, I think, way back in the day). Oats laid the foundation in this recruitment a long, long time ago. And UNC is the kid's dream school. Like I've said, I'm honestly not sure Cal would've had a chance. Pope is going down swinging, but he was already behind the 8-ball on that one. Bama got in early and has worked that relationship perfectly.

Growing consensus that Moreno will be a Cat, though, so that will lessen the blow somewhat.

- Mackinac Island was a nice change of pace, vacation-wise. Low-stress, good food, outstanding views, pleasant temps. Would return.

- Mike Tirico should have the Olympics job for the next 20 years. A consummate pro, without the smugness of Costas.

- As a font/branding geek, the Art Deco-esque graphics that NBC has used for Paris have been pitch-perfect.

- "Summon the Heroes" was an instant classic when John Williams composed it for the 1996 Games, and it's held up ever since. His most underrated work, imo.

As a parent of a high school senior I can tell you that there is a phenomenon of Lexington-area kids who want to go anywhere but UK for college.

Actually, there isn't in looking at the factual data, despite what the kids say, and/or the select few who do leave.

# of Fayette Co. students enrolling at UK in fall semesters...numbers are strikingly close. The B/W makeup within these numbers are also very close.

• Love
Reactions: WayneDougan
Actually, there isn't in looking at the factual data, despite what the kids say, and/or the select few who do leave.

# of Fayette Co. students enrolling at UK in fall semesters...numbers are strikingly close. The B/W makeup within these numbers are also very close.

ACTUALLY, this is the phenomenon. Of my daughters friend group, 2 of the 11 want to go to UK. Probably 8 will end up going but not because it's their choice. You are the worst. Where does your Senior student want to go? Oh yeah, you don't have one. Stop chiming in on stuff you have no involvement in. By the way, if you can poop on Elly De La Cruz stats I can poop on your attendance stats that don't apply to the point he was making. Douche.

Someone that grew up in Kentucky with family that were big time athletes at UK that was a UNC fan sounds like a massive douchebag. HARD PASS

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT