ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Really felt the Reds had a chance to take Jac Caglianone today.

The amount of pitching they are hoarding is an embarrassment of riches it would seem.

When my beloved Cincinnati Reds went into the Bronx and swept them a couple weeks ago, I was blown away by how bad their lineup was. Two absolute superstars, and the entire rest of the team are basically role players.
Chill.

Reds are in second to last within the worst division in baseball and you’re still optimistic.

The Yanks will heat up once Rizzo and Stanton come back and lengthen the lineup. They still crush in run differential whilst losing like 20 out of last 28 ( or something like that).

Still awaiting Jasson Dominguez to return from oblique. Dude is a freak.

When my beloved Cincinnati Reds went into the Bronx and swept them a couple weeks ago, I was blown away by how bad their lineup was. Two absolute superstars, and the entire rest of the team are basically role players.
You're right. It's shocking how bad the bottom of that lineup is. Anyone who can navigate Soto and Judge (and eventually Stanton again) has a chance to beat them.

You're right. It's shocking how bad the bottom of that lineup is. Anyone who can navigate Soto and Judge (and eventually Stanton again) has a chance to beat them.
Depends on who Volpe and Torres are… they should be better than what they’ve been doing. Volpe was red hot the first two months.

Torres’ hitting approach is frustrating. He could be a .280 hitter, but choses to swing like an animal his first two strikes, then shortens up. He is in a contract year and I predict he will be traded to your Reds for India before the deadline.

Wells is starting to hit. Having a catcher who can hit is an invaluable asset.

Unfortunately, LeMahiue is washed.

Reactions: Jeff Drummond
Uhh so you guys who like the new Sturgill, what am I missing? Two spins in and I think it’s trash.
It hurts to say this, but I agree. There may be one song on the album I like. Maybe.

Perhaps I'd like it if I were severely depressed and/or suicidal.

Enunciation is the main criteria for some. I thought the album was decent. Not in my rotation or anything. His best one in a while though.

Someone sell me on Burns over Cags or Condon. I don’t get it. Two huge power hitters at positions of need putting up insane batting numbers while being feared by the entire SEC, getting Judge and Shohei comps, and we pick up the guy who “could be at the top of the staff someday if he cuts down on giving up so many home runs and develops another pitch”

Been a minute randoms....

-Dilly and Shep lighting up in the Summer League. Of course, they're amazing and games are perfect for the NBA. Took an antiquated loser to screw that up. How many minutes did those 3 play together?

-Well, that was certainly a weekend. JFC, thought everyone finally realizing the current POTUS has dementia was gonna be the big event of the election. Instead, we have the other candidate 1 cm away from having his head blown off on live TV. Buckle up. Also, as a noted inefficient Government hater. The SS did their job so poorly, even normal people are questioning whether it's just complete gross negligence, or conspiracy. Totally justified. Watching a 20yo dumbass crawl on a roof with a riffle for 3 minutes, while leaving him on stage... is something. Thank God he missed.

-Think summer baseball is over or at least pretty much over. 6months of 6+ days a week for an 8yo is a lot. No clue what we're gonna do with all our extry time.

-Recteq was the smoker pick. Thing is a beast. Very well made, much more sturdy than the discount camp chef I had prior. Sucker runs through the pellets though.

-Checked Saturday and can confirm, a banquet beer in the glass hand grenade bottle is still elite.

TDF has been unreal. Probably the most entertaining I've watched.

-Caprese season, y'all. Enjoy.

In movies they always have a sniper lining up a shot on someone on a stage or something and then some how they miss. I always thought that was pretty unrealistic. Evidently not.

Randoms post Scotland:
- An amazing country for golfers. Simply magical.
- The Old Course is an unforgettable experience to play, and to just hang out around and watch.
- A different type of golf style, but not the end of the world for hackers.
- Wind and rain are indeed the courses number one protection. Wind changes everything.
- Doesn't take much to spend a lot of money on Swag.
- 90% of bad scores on holes had something to do with my caddy. Give me a forecaddie in the future.

- Food was unexpectedly excellent.
- Lagers and Scotch's were excellent.
- Lassies looked very good as well. Not sure if they were all from Scotland, but the scenery was excellent.
- Not even close to being a third world country, but wow, I have seen much better roads up EKY hollers.
- Must not have much criminal activity, cuz I never saw a police officer the entire time I was there.
- Everything smaller. Hotel rooms have 2 single beds for adults.
- Elevators might hold 3 adult men.
- Pint is better than 12 ounces

If you are a golfer, don't ever turn down a golf trip to Scotland.

- Did you go to Edinburgh? If so - how was it? Always wanted to go.

- I just have never liked Coors. I’ll drink them but down the domesto list for dad.

- Tracy Lawrence was awesome. 4th Street Live feels weird after all these years.

- Speaking of awesome, The Omni is a great hotel. Cincinnati needs some rooftop telly pools.

Randoms post Scotland:
- An amazing country for golfers. Simply magical.
- The Old Course is an unforgettable experience to play, and to just hang out around and watch.
- A different type of golf style, but not the end of the world for hackers.
- Wind and rain are indeed the courses number one protection. Wind changes everything.
- Doesn't take much to spend a lot of money on Swag.
- 90% of bad scores on holes had something to do with my caddy. Give me a forecaddie in the future.

- Food was unexpectedly excellent.
- Lagers and Scotch's were excellent.
- Lassies looked very good as well. Not sure if they were all from Scotland, but the scenery was excellent.
- Not even close to being a third world country, but wow, I have seen much better roads up EKY hollers.
- Must not have much criminal activity, cuz I never saw a police officer the entire time I was there.
- Everything smaller. Hotel rooms have 2 single beds for adults.
- Elevators might hold 3 adult men.
- Pint is better than 12 ounces

If you are a golfer, don't ever turn down a golf trip to Scotland.
Heading over next month with my dad for a father/son golf trip...counting down the days!

Forde of all people pumping up Kentucky’s playoff chances on his and Wetzel’s podcast.

I don’t know who it was on here before saying how little they cared about this TBT “La Familia” stuff but buddy count me in as a brother in arms.

I mean, I don't "care" about it, but I do think the TBT is a cool event, especially for the dog days of summer. Not really sure why people are wasting energy dogging on it; can certainly think of worse ways to spend a 95 degree July Summer evening than watching some former UK Hoopers play in Rupp in a serious (for them) event.

I’m digging the one he did for Rogue

- Scooter Blues

But it’s mostly fine, he’s just not going to catch that magic again like he had with those first two albums.

Man, Friday can’t get here soon enough. NCAA 🏈 25

Last edited:
It’s situational for certain, but I actually think the new Sturgill is very pleasing & beautiful music; and actually intelligible, which is my usual SS gripe & possibly the only musical thing I agree with UKO on.

Review: Easy listening album & definitely wouldn’t bitch & moan if spun at a lake, cookout, or guys outing. 👍🏽

…but yet has NOTHING on Tracy Lawrence, who was a 56yo, going on 80, treat once again. God bless 90s country music. His catalogue, to me, is only behind a select few of that era. George Strait is on another planet, otherwise I’m taking TL. Endless bangers.

Also:

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT