ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

Even if I were to grant you that they had 20 all-time bangers (which they don't), considering they have recorded 31 studio albums (351 songs), a .050 batting average is dismal, considering their absurdly overrated reputation.

Recycled, uninspiring dreck, led by a bantam rooster front man that sings (and dances) like a mental patient.

You continue to be a clueless dolt when it comes to this topic. Biden-esque.

My wife and I were talking about the Cal stuff and she referred to Brad as Ali G, which I thought was really funny but also wondered if she saw that on X but didn't want to insult her by asking.

Speaking of which, everyone in the basketball media talks about Andy Enfield leaving USC as being the domino that set everything in motion but is Vandy firing Stackhouse the bigger domino?

"Screen Rant" had a 10 things where the movie Jaws has not aged well. A few of those things was lack of strong female characters, Spielberg wasn't as ambitious as he was with later movies, and that Brody and Hooper didn't take a moment to mourn Quint.

Jaws was/is still awesome. Screen rant article was probably written by a late 20s bitter female. A movie made in the mid 70s isn't quite up to par in 2024 as far as our shark knowledge, hmm. How dare they shit on a classic.

There were plenty of girls in bikinis in this classic, what else were they going to do.

Reactions: 80 Proof
UKO, you might wanna wipe the orange off your mouth before you call someone a dolt or Biden-esque. We all know what you’ve been sucking and it’s not Cheetos. Brainwashed cultists!🙄

Had a neighbor drunkenly knock over a big firework before it went off. His truck and garage door look like they were in Gaza.

Reactions: UK-BILL
That Pat Kelsey video is *awesome* and I don't care what anyone says. If Mark Pope did that video with Wayne Turner in the Peyton Silva role, this place would explode.

The absolute DORK FIGHT between Pope and Kelsey will be something to behold. Someone is getting stabbed with a protractor before this is all said and done.

* Rented a house with a pool for the week -- which is much cheaper than buying a pool -- and took some time to not check email, not doom scroll, and just hang out with the missus and dog. Amazing how something so simple is so restorative.

* Finished the latest Jack Carr book over the weekend. My thoughts:

That book was a chore to read. It just kept going and felt like Carr was throwing everything and the kitchen sink at it -- which makes sense when you get to the end and realize that he's trying to end the series or at least leave it in a place where he can let the character be for a while.

The series had gotten formulaic in the extreme (which is saying something in that genre), so I'm hopeful Jack Carr leaves the James Reece character alone for a good long while and explores other topics.

* Basketball news completely drying up is probably for the best. It has been a wild spring for Kentucky fans.

Football practice will be here in a hot second.

Some shitdohs:

- My crazy pup is an Olympic-level swimmer and me trying to wear her out having her swimchase toys is making her a beast. If she wasn't so insane at moments, she'd probably do well in a competition.

- Got a Door Dash Daily Double last night. Poke bowl and some crab rangoon. Jesse, who looks like he was just bumming cigs in front of a gas station, drops off $100 of hibachi steak, shrimp, sushi, soup - the f'ing works. Home alone but still put a nice dent innit.

- Can play the worst golf ever but few things start off a day better than first-off the tee and seeing the rooster tails.

- Wife seems to be into the new role with Neckcar. All week at the Chicago race and quick in/out tomorrow to got to Pocono. I'm just home dog-daddying this thing.

- New Beverly HIlls Cop was a little flat. Nice touch having the originals, though. Still one of the best theme songs.

- Just sent cousin (of wife) an offer letter. Life is coming at him fast as his folks are about to cut the cord. He wants to be a YT content creator and I guess is learning that so do 50 million 20-somethings and there's few opportunities. BUT we always need more deadbolt slingers.

- Roy Orbison's "You Got It" made the Oldies rotation. On level 3 of 5 in Becoming my Dad.

- Caught an amazing view the other morning of the moon with some wild purplish skies.

- Heard a loud buzzing the other morning and sounded like a drone outside of my window. Go out back and the neighbors are starring up in the sky. Some crazy dude in one of those IDK half motorcycle/half glider just tooling around about about 1k. As he turned back towards the beach, a little jet goes right over him. They probably weren't close but hard to tell from our angle. My guess is dude shat himself.

- Last Monday this household finally used the last bit of single ply covid panic bulk bought TP. Never again!

- Back to the grind. Just remember you can go do a lot of cringey things today and you'll still not reach levels of cringe that UL athletics delivers to us routinely.

The thought of Pope being a crazy dork and doing something like Kelsey crossed my mind. But they are just different breeds.

When Pope is “off” he clearly gets respect from recruits and their parents. That video isn’t Kelsey being on, with no filter. He’s just that big of a loser all the time

At least we know that any dorky stuff like that would be squashed immediately by Mitch since it’s not in the Bible, although he did allow Patrick Towles to be dressed as Harry Potter one time.

In honor of Rogue : A very underrated JCM song and has to be Rogue's anthem.

"Key West Intermezzo (I Saw You First)" is an absolute banger. Saw him live outdoors at WKU football stadium about 10 years ago. That song had everybody jumping. And "Ain't Even Done With The Night" is great. "Play Guitar" is one not everybody list as great JCM songs, it is. "Lonely Old Night is another".

People hate Bryan Adams to ?

Reactions: Catman100
**MilqueToast grabs the mike and addresses the crowd***

GOLLY, GANG. I RECEIVED SEVERAL EMAILS THAT THIS EVENT HAD GROWN STALE.

WELL, YOUR VOICE HAS BEEN HEARD. I
SAY ITS TIME TO SPICE THIS THING UP SOME.

YOUR 2024 BIG BLUE MADNESS SPECIAL GUEST IS IN THE BUILDING … (drumroll)

images

Last edited:
- I don’t understand the fans that have the mentality of “ what he better do is win”.

Yea no shit?

As if he is the one that created that frustration.

- I’ve said this before, but my basketball playing days are behind me. Played 2 days in a row this weekend and both my knees feel as if they could give out with every step.

- In business there is nothing worse than to answer questions asked of you and meet demands, but then when you follow up to be ghosted to the point you move on.

Then out of the blue on a Monday after a long holiday weekend have said person text “good deal we are ready will tomorrow work”.

- After switching employers I basically feel I was hired to implode the new employers system that “works everywhere else”.

We’ll cool, how about explain what I’m doing that is making everything seem impossible with your system.

- This has been the least crazy election year I’ve lived thru as an adult. Maybe I’m not really paying attention, but in the past it seemed to be everywhere to the point you didn’t have to pay attention to notice.

- Dodgers/Yankees seem to be inevitable. Going to have to google and find out the last time LA/NY happened.

- Looking for a different beach to hit in Florida. Sanibel Island looks nice, but wondering if the Keys(siesta?) would be similar/better/different price wise.

- Enjoyed setting off fireworks for what was the 5th year in a row. Probably our last year of doing it at home instead of finding a place to watch or at least chip in and let others do it all.

- Found 1 acre on Nolin. Checking it out tomorrow since the seller understands I could put a deposit down but do not want to finalize until our house is done in September.

Getting way too excited for something that may fall through.

Reactions: jayroon and wcc31
Siesta Key is beautiful. Lots of places in the village to eat and drink. Don’t need a car if staying near the village and just doing beach.

If going off island or not staying near the village, then you will need a vehicle.

Ubers are not really a thing on the island.

- Dodgers/Yankees seem to be inevitable. Going to have to google and find out the last time LA/NY happened.
Inevitable to make the World Series? The Dodgers are never inevitable and the Yankees are falling apart. Anyhow, they played 3 out of 4 years from 78-81, with the Yanks winning 2. There was a recent 30 for 30 about those matchups. It was solid.

Reactions: jayroon
The Yankees are *not* making the World Series. They have two absolute superstars, and the rest of their lineup sucks. In game 2 of their 3 game home sweep at the hands of my Reds, they called on a pinch hitter with a .170 batting average. Their starting pitching is also starting to falter.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT