ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO

-Pitino gave 15K to the football team through the 15 Club in honor of the worst 15 seconds of Karen's life in Came a lot.

-Pitino is okay in my book. He left us with a team to hang one in the ceiling and left Louisville with squirt to the ceiling.

-Pope doesn't work out then we blame Pitino and Mormon grooming culture for this mess

-By that time ENG will be ready to move back in to the old crib on Richmond road to lead us back to our rightful place as the NBA draft lottery program.

-I will no longer recognize the University of Arkansas as such. It is now the University of Cal until ENG runs out of all you can eat Tyson Dino nuggies.

My neighborhood for the last 4 nights...

I don't know who that car belonged to, but that thing is f***ed. Who puts the entire stash of fireworks right by the gas tank of a vehicle? LOL

Now that is a Grand Finale !!

Happy Bobby Bonilla Day

Feel bad for Akshay Bhatia (future star), 3 putting from 20 feet for bogey when 2 putts puts him in a playoff. But not as bad as the Frenchman Antoine Rozner on the DP tour. Had 4 bogeys and a double for +6 on the back nine to not only blow the tournament, but his ticket into The Open field. Missed a 3 footer to seal his Open bid, and gave it to American Sean Crocker.

Gonna be an epic Field Day today for X legal scholars!
My legal prowess is legendary, as you know; and this effectively brings all of this lawfare nonsense to an end. The left's last remaining hope is that Merchan drops the hammer on Trump, and sends him to Rikers for 4 years.

Pretty much. Trump was only interested in kicking the can down the road, (past the November election, IOW)

Fire up the Xwitter machine this morning and I see 4-5 of my favorite Cincinnati Reds journos dog piling on UKO’s brother, who also seems to spend his days criticizing Elly de la Cruz and attacking sports guys online. Worst player ever. He suckkkks, DFA him, he’s not good enough to play little league, etc.

Turns out it runs in the family.

I'll tell you something the Supreme Court should strike... the gd Infield Fly Rule. Look at the is BS.

Two options:

1) You just get rid of it
2) You make it contingent on the defense catching the ball. If they drop it everybody gets awarded a base.

I prefer the latter.

You can't get rid of the infield fly rule. It's there to prevent the double play when the defense drops on purpose. I'm sure as soon as your team was on the wrong end of that double play, you'd want the rule changed back. Suggestion #2 makes some sense, but there would still be threshold plays like the one in the video, dependent on the umpire's judgment on what's easily catchable for an infielder.

I suppose the rule could be on any fly ball, the defense can't drop the ball and get two baserunners out via force out. Max of one force out on a dropped fly ball. Then the defense could choose who to get out. Drop and throw out a runner, or catch and get the batter out. Complicated as heck no matter how you break it down.

I'll tell you something the Supreme Court should strike... the gd Infield Fly Rule. Look at the is BS.

Two options:

1) You just get rid of it
2) You make it contingent on the defense catching the ball. If they drop it everybody gets awarded a base.

I prefer the latter.
As a Cardinals fan, I remember that vividly. Was totally confused. Thought it was wrong. But thought it was awesome at the same time haha.

• Angry
Reactions: WayneDougan
As a Cardinals fan, I remember that vividly. Was totally confused. Thought it was wrong. But thought it was awesome at the same time haha.
I was watching that game with a good friend and his dad, all of us Cardinal fans. The dads golfing buddy and really good friend was Sam Holbrook...who just happened to be the ump to make the call.

His dad always gave a wry smile when I asked if their friendship influenced the call.

• Love
Reactions: thabigbluenation
After the SCOTUS ruling on Trump’s behalf. I mean he nominated these justices, what did anyone expect?? If I’m Biden, I put the Orange Turd and his MAGA cult in a boat with a leak and set them afloat in the ocean. Then I’d personally ask the 6 members that voted for immunity if they wanted to reconsider. They’d also be in said boat.

The obvious bias is not what the SCOTUS was set up to do. It’s supposed to be unbiased and above reproach. I don’t claim to be Republican or Democrat so I’m looking at this with common sense. This country is being torn apart and no one is stepping up to stop this nonsense. Compromise is a dead issue. I feel bad for not only my grandchildren but everyone else’s. This country wasn’t founded to have a monarchy or dictator but that’s now a very real option.

Apologies, but some things just need to be said.

After the SCOTUS ruling on Trump’s behalf. I mean he nominated these justices, what did anyone expect?? If I’m Biden, I put the Orange Turd and his MAGA cult in a boat with a leak and set them afloat in the ocean. Then I’d personally ask the 6 members that voted for immunity if they wanted to reconsider. They’d also be in said boat.

The obvious bias is not what the SCOTUS was set up to do. It’s supposed to be unbiased and above reproach. I don’t claim to be Republican or Democrat so I’m looking at this with common sense. This country is being torn apart and no one is stepping up to stop this nonsense. Compromise is a dead issue. I feel bad for not only my grandchildren but everyone else’s. This country wasn’t founded to have a monarchy or dictator but that’s now a very real option.

The president's power is limited by the consitution, congress and the senate, not liberal appointed judges in New York. One political party shouldn't have the power to imprison its opponents based on govt agency corruption and foreign dark money influence.

I'm done, political thread is >>>>.

I was watching that game with a good friend and his dad, all of us Cardinal fans. The dads golfing buddy and really good friend was Sam Holbrook...who just happened to be the ump to make the call.

His dad always gave a wry smile when I asked if their friendship influenced the call.
Somewhat reminded me of the play where Dez Bryant caught that pass against green bay in the playoffs which probably leads to a win. But it's overturned by the letter of the law....Yada Yada something. Everyone knew that was a catch but....

That infield fly rule call was technically justified by the actual letter of the rule once the ump made the call. But it shouldn't have been called.

You may go now.

Terrence Howard back on JRE today, but this time alongside legit genius Eric Weinstein. Ridiculous, bizarre, fascinating, and awful all wrapped up in one.
A three hour long form show is a lot bigger ask once COVID isolation and the novelty of intellectual people speaking somewhat more freely in a public setting are gone.

I might peep the new episode with Shane Gillis and Matt McCusker, though.

Crispy, football weather feel in the air this morning.

It’s almost Joe Burrow Szn.
th

Anywhere in Europe or Los Angeles.
I worked in Europe for 6 months (Netherlands, London, Belgium, Germany) and LA for 18 months. Men in Europe seemed to have one style: button down shirt that needed to be ironed better with colored denim pants that were one size too small. In LA - just a lot of t-shirts and hoodies.

If we're getting rid of something in baseball, let's keep the infield fly rule and outlaw Tommy John. The focus on velocity and spin rate is effective at killing offense, but it's killing pitchers' arms too. TJ resurrects them and makes those arm injuries an acceptable risk, but offense stays dead. Meanwhile, there are only 6 players in each league batting .300 or better.

Jonathan India, however, is batting .513 over the last 10 games. Plus he hits a double every time I turn on the TV.

Most recent Governor's Cup is on SEC network right now. Had forgotten about Jack Holler. Got a nice lil chuckle when he threw the Ls down in a sea of red.

Current football staff might turn out be our best group of recruiters ever. Vince is putting on a clinic. Shorts, Wolf, plus Collins coming into his own. Almost right there with Clink, Sumrall and Coen already, but they're just getting started, bro.

God I hope Brock Vandagriff is good.

New Orleans trip was quick but successful. Few oysters, few beignets, few Dr. John songs, few sazeracs, couple jaunts through the French Quarter, one cable car ride down St. Charles, a vieux carre, and a po boy. Didn't get as much free time as I had hoped, but Peche was terrific. Had never ordered a whole fish before. Fantastic.

- How many reality checks does one group of people need? The US will never be good at soccer. And I’m tired of hearing you europhile pissbags talk about it. You sound like Auburn fans talking basketball. Enjoy your bandwagon Euro teams you F’ing frauds. Stop getting on X and embarrassing real American sports fans.

- Man if you haven’t rocked a linen polo in the summer, do yourself a favor sometime.

- My wife is a pretty intelligent woman…besides never learning her lesson about ordering cheap white wine from bars. Always ends up the same way.

- Summer officially ends this weekend as we trot onto that long, sweaty bridge to fall and football season. Enjoy it, fat ankles.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT